Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Red Roy whale club

Read 2761 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: The Red Roy whale club
      Reply #23: Jul 14, 2009 12:53:52 am
      I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
      My point Ross, is that although the bitters are an annoyance, they are not a serious threat
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Jul 14, 2009 07:33:31 am
      In response to your excellent post Crouchinho I have one small reservation in connection with your reference to "lazy bas**rds who want to make a change from their couch and draw benefits as well". This statement infers that you have a preconception of the unemployed and while it no doubt is a true description of a minority of individuals the vast majority of people in that unfortunate situation would not be too impressed with the assertion. Basically it is pigeon holing the unemployed as much as people do with immigrants, it's no criticism of your post but this one small point did need clarifying.

Oh no wasnt aimed at the unemployed, it was aimed at those people who will bag on the government, demand a change etc. while they sit on their arse on their couches at home and do nothing about it.

Gain some support for your message, people. Media, petitions, your local MP etc. it can be done but they just sit their expecting sh*t to come to them.

They may employed, may be unemployed, whatever. Was a dig at those people who demand everything but do nothing.

Sorry for the late reply by the way, just got on the thread since.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #25: Jul 14, 2009 09:59:05 am

Gain some support for your message, people. Media, petitions, your local MP etc. it can be done but they just sit their expecting sh*t to come to them.

They may employed, may be unemployed, whatever. Was a dig at those people who demand everything but do nothing.

Sorry for the late reply by the way, just got on the thread since.
      Clear as a bell mate and with you all the way on that one.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #26: Jul 14, 2009 11:05:12 pm
      Sorry Ross, the point I was trying to make(badly) was that Liverpool football Club nowadays is a global entity and as such we have to accept that not eveyone who supports the club can have a deep understanding of our history(sucesses,tradgedies,traditions). We must now understand that our main rivals to success on the field and in the global commercial world are in places like Madrid,Barcelona,Milan,London and Manchester.That "elite"in European football will determine the route that the game follows with in my opinion, an inevitable European Superleague.The more traditional,parochial rivalries and attitudes to fan base acceptability are no longer appropriate.Yes of course we all like to win Premier League titles, but for all "elite" clubs the first annual priority must be to qualify for Champions League until the new franchised" Superleague comes into being.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #27: Jul 15, 2009 01:07:20 am
      So now pete's gone, who will be the next for Jordan?If offered would you?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Jul 15, 2009 05:29:57 am
      I would. Although i'd be scared at first.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #29: Jul 16, 2009 04:36:40 pm
      Believe she's only a midget,my daughter met her and said she's sound nice girl an all that.

Quick Reply