Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Kenny factor

Read 2980 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      The Kenny factor
      Feb 01, 2011 07:38:42 pm
      A little under 24 hours since we sold our "golden nugget" there is a majority good feeling amongst reds. Its fascinating. 4 weeks ago had we sold Torres we'd have been in deep depression or kicking in the doors of Anfield to get our hands on owners and management!

But here I stand today aching for our next match then aching for Chelsea on Sunday. Isnt it unreal how Chelsea are up so soon!

Its simple for me as to what that reason is. Kenny Dalglish. You just know he will make Carroll and Suarez work. You know he'll play the game the way it should be. Yes we now have a target man but it wont be hoof ball from us

I feel really positive at the minute. Im thinking of the 2 lads just signed. Im thinking of Gerrard the ability of Meireles. Im thinking Carra's back Agger is back Kelly is on fire as is Johnson. Im thinking Kenny will get Cole firing. Im thinking young talent like Shelvey and Pacheco. Im thinking even younger talent like Suso and Coady and Im thinking of Kenny teaching them all

Roll on tomorrow roll on Sunday. Roll on pride returning to the shirt.

Positivity pride and believe. The Kenny factor
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2011 08:45:05 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Just corrected a couple of spellings Bri. »
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: The Kenny factor
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2011 07:44:05 pm
      Kenny will restore the pride to this club in a similar way Rafa did when he took us to the number one ranked team in Europe.

I have full faith in him.

Onwards and upwards!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2011 07:50:01 pm
      A little under 24 hours since we sold our "golden nugget" there is a majority good feeling amongst reds. Its fascinating. 4 weeks ago had we sold Torres we'd have been in deep depression or kicking in the doors of Anfiled to get our hands on owners and management!

But here I stand today aching for our next match then aching for Chelsea on Sunday. Isnt it unreal how Chelsea are up so soon!

Its simple for me as to what that reason is. Kenny Dalglish. You just know he will make Carroll and Suarez work. You know hell play the game the way it should be. Yes we now have a target man but it wont be hoof ball from us

I feel really positive at the minute. Im thinking of the 2 lads just signed. Im thinking of Gerrard the ability of Meireles. Im thinking Carras back Agger is back Kelly is on fire as is Johnson. Im thinking Kenny will get Cole firing. Im thinking yong talent like Shelvey and Pacheco. Im thinking even younger talent like Suso and Coady and Im thinking of Kenny teaching them all

Roll on tomorrow roll on Sunday. Roll on pride returning to the shirt.

Positivity pride and believe. The Kenny factor

A brilliant opening post and nothing i can add to it!.

Who the F**k is this Fernando c**t anyway?, i've never heard of him.

What Kenny has brought is trust. We trust him to do the right thing. His love for the Club is what makes him the right man.

Stoke City tomorrow night but F**k me, what a game it's going to be on Sunday!.

Suarez v Torres - Round 1.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2011 07:56:12 pm
      There is not one person I would rather see in charge of Liverpool, he has brought the enjoyment back to watching our team again.

I've no doubt Carroll and Suarez will go on to be another deadly duo for us, especially with the confidence and knowledge they will recieve from the King.

I've already forgotten about.... what's his name?
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2011 08:46:45 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Corrected spellings. »
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2011 08:03:25 pm
      Was reading in the paper before they think yesterday's dealings mean Kenny will stay on as our permanent manager, which I think all of us would love to see.

He's brought so much to the team in so little time, most of all being a massive lift, after the 'doom and gloom' of the negative tactics and 'the hoof' of our former manager.

He's made us all excited for the games again, and made everyone believe we can win.

He's been brilliant with the media, and he's taking us back to the proper 'Liverpool Way' of dealing with our business.

Long may the Kenny factor continue  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Feb 01, 2011 08:07:53 pm
      As you would expect, Kenny has been perfectly complimentory when questioned about Hodgson but I wonder what he really thinks of him? He couldn't have been happy with the way Roy set his teams up, surely?
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2011 11:51:13 pm
      football's a simple game....one of kennys quotes, and so true.
      its simple, pass, move, pass, move, pass , move, score
      skill is a massive factor, pace and fitness, but i think manures team is quite bad atm, but fergscum is getting the best out of some quite ordinary players.
      scotsmen are down to earth and know exacly what the world is about.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2011 11:52:52 pm
      Crackin post mate, agree with everything.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2011 11:58:11 pm
      Wonderful post Brian. I know most people are gagging for Sunday to come around, but personally I'm buzzing for tomorrow night. Suarez will score tomorrow.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2011 12:01:06 am
      What I like about Kenny is that he is figure that does things the 'Liverpool Way', something which we have lost when Roy Hodgson took over.

I really love his interviews. Though I can't really understand his accent, he's a humours fellow. Aside this very approachable and legendary icon, he can be a dragon when he needs to be one.

Kenny doesn't take sh*t from anyone even if you're name is Fernando Torres, you can be a hero one day and zero the next. Even if I didn't want to lose Torres, I feel Kenny did the right thing. No player, at any stage, anywhere in the world, is bigger than this club. Even more so, it could even be a blessing in disguise.

Kenny has also improved the on field performances, something which was very painful to watch for 6 months prior to his second coming.

Kenny has proven that he's got what it takes to bring success to a club like Liverpool having achieved so much as player and as manager. I believe he knows what he's doing when he signed Luis Suarez and splashed the cash for Andy Carroll. He wouldn't have signed them if he hadn't know what to do with them and whether they can offer anything.

For the past 7-8 months, I'm more optismistic about us! If Kenny does lead us to Europa League triumph and to the important fourth place, it's a season we can look back and say 'That was a real defining moment in our history'.

He's restoring the pride, instilling the passion, bringing back Liverpool Way and showing the world this is what Liverpool FC is all about.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Feb 03, 2011 01:26:19 pm
      Very noticeable the happier smiling faces, the happier all over body language in every player. Do not underestimate the power of this man not only as a football God but a figure who inspires with his words.

Quick Reply