Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What does everybody think of our major signings up to yet?

Read 1602 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      What does everybody think of our major signings up to yet?
      Jul 31, 2008 03:18:16 pm
      Cavalieri : not too bad of a signing. Shame carson doesn't want to stay and be an understudy.

Dossena : Looks a mean 1 ;D. Hopefully he becomes a good signing. I question the £7m we paid for him though.

Degen : he seems the same type of player as Finnan to me apart from he's alot younger. Great signing for free.

Keane : bit pricey but he's a quality talent. Glad we have finally got 2 amazing strikers partnering each other.

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: What does everybody think of our major signings up to yet?
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2008 03:28:15 pm
      Cavalieri- Good as a back-up

Dossena- Undecided but i do  agree that he looks mean

Degan- Quite good for a free transfer but i would never pay anything above 5m for him

Keane- Love this- its some fantastic bit of business even tho he was a bit pricy

I will be honest tho, i really dont think are current squad is capable of breaking into the top 2 never mind finishing first. With the inclusion of silva or even barry, we would stand a better chance but i just dont want to get my hopes up. What i ill also say is that this squad + a few quality aqusations would win the league in a few years time but (i am sorry to say) i dont think we are capable of that yet.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2008 03:32:07 pm
      I don't want to judge right now because i haven't seen them play properly or against good teams. I'd rather judge at the end of the season.

But i do hope all our new signings perform well for us, and don't turn out to be flops.
      Sinno-91
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 31, 2008 03:39:39 pm
      Think it's too early to judge the likes of Degen and dossena yet but I have my reservations. Did we really need Degen???? The idea that Carra may play a lot there this season means we could have 3 good natural right backs just sitting there. Ok with Riise leaving and the constant fitness problems with Aurelio we needed a left full back but no Premiership experience, 1 cap, aged 26 and for 7 mil :-\  I was of the opinion that we needed 2 wingers (desperately) and a striker if Crouchie left and nothing else unless we needed to replace departures. I'm delighted with the Keane capture IMO he was not overpriced he's always in the top 4 or 5 goalscorers in a season , in his peak and proven in prem unlike say Villa who could be 35 million, recon he'll get at least 20 in all comps this year.
      Overall I'm slightly dissapointed that the most clear and urgent positions (wings) don't even seem to be getting looked at instead we're looking to strengthen in positions we're already strong in Barry being prime example.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4: Jul 31, 2008 04:30:49 pm
      I think as of right now we did get players who are suppose to fill in the gaps we notice from last season.

We needed to have more attacking full backs since we never play wit out and out wingers so that is why we got Degen and Dossena. Will they fill the void well we have to wait til the games get serious.

We all knew Crouch was going to be leaving so we needed another striker who is a match winner to help ease the pressure of Torres and Gerrard so I think Keane was a good move. Again will he be good well we will have to wait and find out.

I would like to see us get another attack mid who will help break down back-line with his passes and chip in with goals. In other words a more consistent version of Yossi.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Jul 31, 2008 04:36:15 pm
      keane--> i don't need to speak 'cos he is brialliant & now we have the best attack partners in pre.
      degen--> for free i think he will be good but with carra, arbeloa and maybe finnan he doesn't have a place in the sqayd right now.
      dossena--> ??? maybe gd or not
      cavalieri--> he is vgood for backing reina.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Aug 01, 2008 06:52:51 pm
      Cavalieri- Seems good back-up for senior reina

Dossena- Hmmmm not saying anything yet, Evra looked terrible in his first few utd games and he's developed into a very good player

Degan- Same as Dossena i cant tell yet, but i think he'll be a hit for some reason

Keane- ;D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #7: Aug 01, 2008 07:21:31 pm
      Wasnt expecting much but im quite impressed. We are playing good football and we have a deadly attack as well as a strong defence. If we dont get a new winger i will be worried as i see that as our weak spot at the moment but i trust in rafa so whatever he chooses to do i will have faith in.
      Kubrick1978
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 02, 2008 01:55:31 pm
      I think, from what i've seen in pre-season friendlies, that Cavilieri is looking really good.  Dossena and Degen for me don't quite look top draw.  We all know about Keane . . . but at 28, £20M is an awful lot of cash to splash . . . . if you had £20M big ones to spend would you really spend them on Keane? . . . it's like this Gareth Barry business . . . an excellent player for sure . . . but not necessary unless he's a serious candidate for the left-wing slot and he's not a natural winger . . . when you have players like Lucas, Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso and now Plessis coming through . . . seems a little odd.

As a new signing I would like to see more of Ngog . . . hopefully we'll see more today against Rangers . . . but I seriously doubt if he's better than Pacheco.
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 02, 2008 07:02:11 pm
      i think ngog really will do alot for the club he is only young and a very good talent

robbie keane has already proved his class at totenham

dosenna looks good to we needed a good left back but he still has to prove himself,also i wonder if he was worth 7mil

Quick Reply