Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

5 fixture changes over festive period

Read 2415 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      5 fixture changes over festive period
      Oct 07, 2011 11:44:46 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/five-fixture-changes-for-tv

Five of Liverpool's fixtures leading up to the New Year have been switched so they can be shown live on Sky Sports.

Our trip to Fulham will now be played on Monday, December 5 with an 8pm kick off, while the clash at Aston Villa has been moved to Sunday, December 18, kick off 2.05pm.

Heading into the festive period, the Reds' match at Wigan will now commence at 8pm on Wednesday, December 21st and our Anfield showdown with Newcastle United will take place at 7.45pm on Friday, December 30.

The final change sees Liverpool visit Manchester City on Tuesday, January 3. Kick off 8pm.

----

I know it is the festive period etc, but playing a Friday night is just weird
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2011 01:36:41 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: LFC vs Newcastle - FRIDAY Dec. 30th.
      Reply #1: Oct 07, 2011 01:04:02 pm
      That Newcastle move from New Years Eve is going to cause some people problems.

I'll bet a few people had already made travel plans for either the Friday night or the Saturday morning.

Should have been moved ages ago though - was obviously going to be a bit sh*t on the Geordies having to race back home on New Years Eve.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: 5 fixture changes over festive period
      Reply #2: Oct 07, 2011 02:11:41 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/five-fixture-changes-for-tv

Five of Liverpool's fixtures leading up to the New Year have been switched so they can be shown live on Sky Sports.

The first thing I thought when I read this part was; now they're starting to take notice - five live games in under a month. Then I realised (as I don't do Sky) that this might be par for the course. Well is it?  :dunce2:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,219 posts | 3393 
      Reply #3: Oct 07, 2011 02:18:29 pm
      Unsurprisingly four or the five are away. Sky always like us away cos there's more chance of us losing and them gloating. One of our opening six games live this season has been at Anfield, the other five away including potential banana skins in the League Cup to Brighton and Exeter.

Either way, it's a bit late in the day for these changes given the time of the year they are. People arrange their Christmas/New Year matches well in advance so they're not scratching around for the money when Christmas is on top of them. So they have all their travelling arrangements well sorted. Ah well, probably be swapped around again with the League Cup ties after we knock Stoke out in a couple of weeks.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Oct 07, 2011 02:32:56 pm
      Bound to happen, won't it? Always does.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #5: Oct 07, 2011 04:29:54 pm
      Just as long as the tv audience is happy, F**k the travelling support, TV is king!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Oct 07, 2011 06:18:51 pm
      Pisses me off, they really don't take into consideration the fact that some people will have booked hotels, made travel arrangements etc.... like HR said -

Just as long as the tv audience is happy, F**k the travelling support, TV is king!!

:mad:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #7: Oct 07, 2011 06:20:42 pm
      I can never understand why Sky can't pick their games at the start of the season and leave it at that. It's not as if they have suddenly just realised these games are on.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #8: Oct 07, 2011 09:15:05 pm
      Glad they ain't mucked about with the Blackburn game.  As some have said, you plan ahead for fixtures that time of year.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #9: Oct 07, 2011 10:29:18 pm
      sh*te. I've said it a million times - you should be able to buy a TV club season ticket and watch every game. That way they wouldn't need to move games and people who couldn't get to the games could see them all anyway. Murdoch the c**t would really get his deep pockets lined then. And people could plan in advance without being fu**ed about and losing money on travel and hotels having to be re-arranged.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #10: Oct 08, 2011 05:13:30 pm
      Gutted about the Newcastle game, Im not a fan of New years eve so was especially looking forward to a game on that day.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #11: Oct 08, 2011 09:11:16 pm
      Gutted about the Newcastle game, Im not a fan of New years eve so was especially looking forward to a game on that day.

Worse thing about that Newcastle change was that the kick off has now been changed twice.

If a fixture is changed then people would expect it to be on that day, and not get changed again.

Hope nobody is majorly inconvenienced.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #12: Oct 08, 2011 09:37:56 pm
      Just as long as the tv audience is happy, f**k the travelling support, TV is king!!
      Paying the blood money to Sky.this is what you get.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: Oct 10, 2011 08:58:49 am
      F**k this - gets right on my nerves.

F***ing SKY are cu*ts.

I had applied for Fulham tickets and now cant go as Im away.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #14: Oct 10, 2011 12:12:26 pm
      Paying the blood money to Sky.this is what you get.

Or the clubs accepting it!

Quick Reply