Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Hertha Berlin v Liverpool, Tuesday 22nd July (6:45pm)

Read 10131 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Hertha Berlin v Liverpool, Tuesday 22nd July (6:45pm)
      Reply #69: Jul 23, 2008 01:19:11 am
      I missed the first 15 minutes but I believe it was the same as the following 30 minutes. From what I seen though, as already mentioned, Darby was the one who impressed me the most in the first half. He goes about his business and plays his football in the most simple way with lots of enthusiasm. He's always proved his captaincy in the reserves for me and I think he'd take on the challenge of some first team league games with pure professional determination.

As for our much talked about striker since the pre season started, I'm not going to give him a hard time. I felt he wasn't good enough when it mattered last season. He puts in the effort but isn't switched on enough. And as for his pen, it wasn't a terrible one - I've seen Robbie Fowler hit the post against the bitters... While he's in a red shirt, he deserves support. But I'll be concerned about our ambitions if he stays and starts games in the league.

Second half for me was slightly better. The introduction of Benayoun and Kuyt helped a bit where keeping possesion up front was concerned.
      I'm still not sure about Dossenas defending abilities, but he seems to ghost up into some good positions in the box when we're on the attack. Interesting.

On the whole though, I'm glad for no injuries, a clean sheet and another good workout.

I'm a little concerned about the depth of our squad where attacking is concerned though. The only one who's looked able of causing real problems in the final third so far for me is Pacheco.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #70: Jul 23, 2008 04:23:44 am
      This was the first time in my life i have ever seen Liverpool play live...the feeling was just unbelievable it is beyond words i was literally skipping to the gates ticket in hand i wanted to hi 5 every lad wearing the red shirt but then i saw there was about 20,000 of them only because back at home finding a liverpool fan is like finding a needle in a haystack. Our tickets were sort of front row but in the middle of the Herta fans right across the stadium from the Liverpool faithful so we were kind of shitty. At half time we decided to try and switch sides and get in amongst our lads we tried 4 gates and the ticket lads were so harsh they sacked us on all 4 occassions so we tried the last gate and after 10 minutes of pelading somehow we got through and the support was unreal by our fans I mean only liverpool can pull in 52000 for a friendly match so i pretty much had goosebumps the entire second half i felt proud to be a supporter of this club it is beyond words honestly i still cant soak it all up now.

In terms of the match in all honesty it was the first time i saw some of the young lads on show and  Rafa is right none of them are ready for the first team yet well Plessis is an acception but Pacheco is a little lad playing with men he had some good touches but never showed the grit to warrant him a place amonfg the 18. Insua was ok at best and Leto in my opinion does not have a future at Anfield. Watching the match live i came to appreciate the intensioty and the pace of the game it was hectic and a draw was well deserved not alot of chances by either side. Voronin was a standout as was Marcherano the rest were very average. To comment on our new signings Degan seems to be the sh*t and Dossena looks very slow lets hope that is purely due to the offseason and a lack of preseason training.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #71: Jul 23, 2008 12:05:20 pm
      Glad you had a good time Dadorious !!  ;)  Its a brilliant feeling watching the Reds play isnt it  ?  Wait till you actually visit Anfield !!  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Jul 24, 2008 10:58:05 am
      Bloody time difference. I was just waking up and heading off to school while they played.

Glad to see i missed nothing on a personal note but hope the boys show some form very soon.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #73: Aug 04, 2008 02:52:47 pm
      A bit late just found a few pictures on my phone, that old German beer must of been strong cant remember taking them  ;) impressive stadium shame about the 0-0 game of football, all said and done a enjoyable couple of days
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #74: Aug 04, 2008 03:50:03 pm
      Glad you enjoyed yourself and got home safely mate.
      It is an impressive stadium isn't it.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #75: Aug 04, 2008 04:21:06 pm
      Glad you enjoyed yourself and got home safely mate.
      It is an impressive stadium isn't it.

You can imagine what it would of been like for the 1936 Olympics,

Just about made it back lost my extremely drunk mate eventally found him. fair play to the police they looked after him and put a call out over the loud speakers, after I had given up on him and was heading back to the station. eventually got him in a taxi only for him to get out again 5 minutes later, then got him on a bus back to a bar near the hotel. he couldn't remember a thing after halftime. :lmao: and hasnt touched a drop since

will definitely return return to have a proper look around Berlin,
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #76: Aug 04, 2008 04:33:56 pm
      You can imagine what it would of been like for the 1936 Olympics,

Just about made it back lost my extremely drunk mate eventally found him. fair play to the police they looked after him and put a call out over the loud speakers, after I had given up on him and was heading back to the station. eventually got him in a taxi only for him to get out again 5 minutes later, then got him on a bus back to a bar near the hotel. he couldn't remember a thing after halftime. :lmao: and hasnt touched a drop since

will definitely return return to have a proper look around Berlin,

Are the swimming baths still outside the stadium mate ?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #77: Aug 04, 2008 04:59:31 pm
      Are the swimming baths still outside the stadium mate ?

Didnt look I forgot to take my Speedos ;)

Quick Reply