Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alvaro Arbeloa - Return to la liga

Read 2679 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Alvaro Arbeloa - Return to la liga
      Jul 28, 2008 03:25:54 pm
      Didnt really want to believe this could happen or even make this topic but it seems rumours are gathering pace.

Reds Receive Mystery Bid For Arbeloa

An unnamed Spanish club has offered Liverpool Ā£6million for unsettled defender Alvaro Arbeloa, according to The Peopleā€¦

Arbeloa has been recently linked with a return to his homeland after supposedly confiding in manager Rafael Benitez that he is dissatisfied with life on Merseyside.

The Spain full-back, along with fellow EURO 2008-winners Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso and Jose Reina, commenced pre-season training on Friday after enjoying an extended holiday.

The 25-year-old was only a bit-part player for la Furia Roja last month, and he may fear that a similar fate awaits him at club level following the arrival of Swiss right-back Philipp Degen at Anfield.

However, it would seem the Real Madrid product has been offered an avenue back to La Liga, although the identity of the prospective buyer remains shrouded in mystery.

Arbeloaā€™s departure would be a big blow for the Reds, as his Ā£2.5million purchase from Deportivo La Coruna last year has proven to be one of Benitezā€™s shrewdest.

-------------------------------------------------------

If he really actually does want to go for these apparent personal reasons i feel we should let him go. Although the Source of this is only talkaloadofbull.com and i hope it isnt true it does seem to be popping up around that he wants to go. Sad to hear he wants to go, he'sa great little player and he is a greast personality in the side aswell. The only way i want him to leave is if he really truly feels he wants to leave. Ā£6 million is quite alot for a defender when you consider the fees we paid for our top defenders.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Alvaro Arbeloa - Return to la liga
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2008 03:55:55 pm
      i have said it before and i will say it again, he is one of the most under-ratted players in are squad. For the price that we paid for him, we got a real bargain!
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2008 04:28:21 pm
      I hope they are talkin a load of bull, because I don't want to see him go.
      He's a great little player, and we got him for peanuts. He would be very hard to replace because of his versatility at be able to play any position across the back

Really hope its not true!
      Sinno-91
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 29, 2008 02:09:25 pm
      Tbh for 6 million i'd snatch their hand off. I like him and feel he's a good member of the squad but that position is now overcrowded seen as rafa got Degen when he clearly wasn't needed causing Liverpool's biggest problem over the past 5 years. Too many players in one position players brought into a team unnessecarily leading to rotation, leading to lessened morale, leading to lack of form, leading to eventual sales when we get a lot less money than they're really worth when playing well. Then we purchase more and the cycle starts again. Thats why on paper we are as good as Man u but far from them in league standings. I saw no reason for anoher right back but now we have 3 and Carra is going to be shifted out there probably 6 mil is a lot to turn down especially if he wants out. Good luck if he goes.
      Redbud
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 29, 2008 03:13:54 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Jul 29, 2008 10:02:01 pm
      is it true that sevilla have offered Ā£7m?
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #6: Jul 29, 2008 10:14:13 pm
      Sevilla offered 6m pounds according to the People http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=794187

it's said also there that he definitely stays
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=795960

Arbeloa Definitely Staying At Liverpool

Rumours that Alvaro Arbeloa is unsettled at Anfield suddenly surfaced this week but they have been categorically dismissed by Liverpool.

Media reports were suggesting that the Spanish full-back was looking to move back to La Primera Liga just one season after joining the club.

However, a ā€œsenior club sourceā€ has told the Daily Mail that all speculation is groundless. The source confirmed that Arbeloa, 25, will be playing for Liverpool next season.

The player, who joined the Reds for Ā£2.5million from Deportivo La Coruna last year, is said to be happy at the club and not planning to go anywhere.

The Liverpool official said: ā€œI don't know where that came from about Arbeloa, but it is nothing.

ā€œHe is definitely, definitely staying here. He is happy and will be staying.ā€

Mark Hinton, talkaloadofbull.com
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jul 29, 2008 10:23:29 pm
      Hope he's not going anywhere, nobody does celebrations like Arby, not even Carlsberg  ;) :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2008 03:11:27 am
      He's been here one season ??? I thought he came in January last season.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2008 03:38:20 am
      He isn't going anywhere. No truth to the story he wants to leave for "personal reasons"
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2008 04:21:58 pm
      Unsettled.... he's been away with the Spain squad so how can he be unsettled... stupid paper talk
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2008 11:25:18 pm
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #12: Jul 31, 2008 12:32:49 am

Seems like they are worse than ever this transfer window.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2008 12:43:39 am
      Seems like they are worse than ever this transfer window.

i find it quite entertaining at times the way they know they are printing a load of bollocks
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #14: Jul 31, 2008 01:04:26 am
      They just want to sell, especially the Mirror and the Sin. I work in a shop, so I have the misfortune of having the Sin near me (and have the duty of restocking it), and it's thin as hell. Every tabloid is looking for something - but there's nothing ... nothing at all. You'll see another story about Goofy in the papers tomorrow I'll bet,

Quote from: Paper
      RONALDO IS GOING TO REAL FOR Ā£45M AND 500K A WEEK

Ridiculous.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #15: Jul 31, 2008 01:35:28 am
      I find it quite entertaining at times the way they know they are printing a load of bollocks

Yeah all this ROnaldo and Arshavin cr@p has been a right laugh. Also hearing how Chelsea reckon they can tempt us into selling Nando was a right laugh, if not a little worrying too...

They just want to sell, especially the Mirror and the Sin. I work in a shop, so I have the misfortune of having the Sin near me (and have the duty of restocking it), and it's thin as hell. Every tabloid is looking for something - but there's nothing ... nothing at all. You'll see another story about Goofy in the papers tomorrow I'll bet,

Ridiculous.

You poor bugger. I would resign.
      DOOLEY
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | -5 
      Reply #16: Aug 05, 2008 08:49:02 pm
      10 mil and he can go
      make sum prophit of him
      to put towards sumone like villa or silva or sumone
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17: Aug 05, 2008 09:10:47 pm
      he wont be going, if he was then rafa would have accepted the 7m offer that was made or apparently made

Quick Reply