Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Pennant, Finnan, Voronin

Read 2173 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Pennant, Finnan, Voronin
      Aug 06, 2008 07:27:25 am
      None of the above where in the team for last nights game.

What can we read into this, are they going to be sold.

I think;

Pennart will be sold to Blackburn.

Finnan will be part of the Barry deal.

Voronin will be sold, not sure to who.

Rafa has great faith in the young players.

What do you think.
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2008 07:44:09 am by JD »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Pennant, Finnan, Voronin.
      Reply #1: Aug 06, 2008 07:32:30 am
      I rate Pennant, i think Finnan is up there with the best in the league and Voronin can really play when he concentrates.

But, i would love to see some young lads given a crack if they are to be sold. Hammill, Darby and Ngog look brilliant so far this season and would fit in without any fuss.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Pennant, Finnan, Voronin
      Reply #2: Aug 06, 2008 07:45:22 am
      Finnan doesn't look like he is going to be forced out.

Voronin still a decent squad player IMO - but if someone comes in with a few bob.

As for Pennant, nobody needs to know that I don't think he is good enough for us, but I'm not sure there is much interest in him.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3: Aug 06, 2008 11:45:34 am
      I think that if their all sold, we wont exactly miss them. I mean i just cant see mid season fans saying "Dam if only we hadn't sold voronin" :lmao:
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 06, 2008 03:16:43 pm
      Finnan i think is a bit old now and he didn't look as good last season. I don't get why everyone hates Pennant I think he is a good player and in the final against Milan in 2007 he was man of the match I think we should hang onto him. Voronin however, I would personally drive him to his next club and wouldn't ask for petrol money.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #5: Aug 06, 2008 03:27:16 pm
      Finnan has been a great servant for Liverpool Football Club and i always rated him highly as a very good right back! I would like to keep him as back up, as he is getting on a few years now, but theres no doubt that he has been a great player for Liverpool and if he's sold he will be sold with the fans best wishes im sure!

Pennant is a good player, i rate him, but i find his consistency pretty poor. He has talent no doubt and i would like to give him one more season to shine!

Voronin is a clever player but not prolific enough for us as we have enough hard workers in the team now. I would keep him one more season for back up then probably sell him on, but he will get every ounce of my support whilst he's in a red shirt until that day arises!
      _Dimitri_
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #6: Aug 06, 2008 04:12:25 pm
      Wouldn't mind if we sell voronin, but finnan deserves to stay at the club until the end of his carreer.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Aug 06, 2008 04:37:39 pm
      I don't get why everyone hates Pennant I think he is a good player and in the final against Milan in 2007 he was man of the match I think we should hang onto him.

I agree that he can be awesome on his day, but those games are too few & far between. I'd much rather have someone who possibly doesn't hit the heights Pennant occassionally does, but rarely has a stinker either.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #8: Aug 06, 2008 05:07:21 pm
      i'd be happy if we sold voronin. tries hard but we need more than that. as for pennant, not sure as he can deliver a cross from out wide and we seem to be lacking in this area.  consistency is a problem, but with a longer run in the team it might improve.  i like Finnan and he usually puts in a solid performance and seems to have good understanding with the rest of the defence.  be a shame to lose him.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Aug 06, 2008 05:29:55 pm
      I agree that he can be awesome on his day, but those games are too few & far between. I'd much rather have someone who possibly doesn't hit the heights Pennant occassionally does, but rarely has a stinker either.

Amen to that far to inconsistent with moments of brilliance few and far between
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Aug 06, 2008 05:43:27 pm
      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4467090.ece

Aston Villa appear to have narrowed down their options for a right back to Justin Hoyte, of Arsenal, Luke Young, of Middlesbrough, and Paulo Ferreira. The first two players are more plausible options because Ferreira, who signed a five-year contract at Chelsea in February, is expected to be second choice to José Bosingwa.

It looks like Finnan will not part of the barry deal and is staying at anfield. Good news.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Aug 06, 2008 05:47:41 pm
      It will be interesting to see who's going to suffer the most from Degans signing, out of Finnan and Pennant. Personally I think it will be Pennant unless Rafa is planning on playing Degan as a right back all the time. Plus the fact he's the one out of the three who we could probably get the most money for from a sale.

I still see Finnan having a job to do for us, but I can't see him getting as many starts as he'd like. I think he still wants to be a Liverpool player, obviously. But there's been too much talk of him being involved in the Barry transfer. Personally I'd want us to keep him the most out of the three as he's still a very good right back.

I believe Voronin has been placed in the shop window this pre season. If he doesn't go this summer then it will probably be the winter. It's been mentioned by Rafa himself that Ngog has been brought in as a first team player and Keane goes without saying. That's two first team strikers and we've only really sold one of last seasons 'first team' strikers in Crouch, so Voronin is looking the likely one to leave to even things up.

Not being in the squad for last nights game isn't necessarily something to read into. But the squad picked for the Lazio game might give us more of a insight of these three players' future.
      LFC 4 LYF
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Aug 06, 2008 05:56:01 pm
      I want pennant and voronin out but i don't mind if finnan goes... it has been said that finnan will leave in the barry deal, i have also heard some people say that we will sign marko marin from Borussia Mönchengladbach for £5 +voronin and also that west ham are in the race to sign pennant
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #13: Aug 06, 2008 07:14:59 pm
      Voronin - good when he's at his best but that isnt often enough.

Pennant - If he goes, i expect him to punish us when we play blackburn

Finnan - if he goes as part of the barry deal we are officially insane. £1 million for one of the most underrated and the most consistent performers in the premiership, disgrace.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #14: Aug 06, 2008 07:47:54 pm
      Tbh, I don't think we'll miss them.
      If we could keep one, then I'd keep Finnan.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Aug 06, 2008 08:47:13 pm

A fiver plus Voronin? Steal :D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #16: Aug 06, 2008 09:02:24 pm
      Voronin - I think with the recent showings from some of the young strikers that it really sort of pushed him out of a place at Liverpool as that bench player who may start the odd time. He shown in the first two months of the season last year he can be a good striker who can find the net but after he got hurt he never found his way into decent form. I can see him getting either sold (which would be good) or loan deal with the possibility of permanent deal.

Pennant - I always been a fan of Pennant and when given a run of games he can be good player but I feel with Degen coming into the picture and Kuyt really becoming good on the right hand side that Pennant will be sold. Also the fact we could get a decent price out of him(5m-6m).

Finnan - He will be only gone if it is part of the Barry deal and if we don't get Barry then he will be a squad player for us.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #17: Aug 06, 2008 09:14:07 pm
      ^^^^^ Very good analysis.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #18: Aug 06, 2008 09:39:34 pm

Pennant didn't play that many games last season. This is because Kuyt was favoured for the spot. Pennant is above average and also plays well. Our match against Inter-milan, Pennant changed the tone of the game. He should stay. We need Finnan as a back-up to Dosenna (or is it Degen), Voronin, I think needs to focus. He is the player that has very few amazing moments and very many crappy moments.

Personally, unless we're bring some awesome wingers, I dont think we need to sell any more players.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #19: Aug 06, 2008 09:43:43 pm
      Voronin & finnan can be sold--> voro. is the least striker in our squad and with nemeth, ngog, pacheco all push for first team & with darby back up for degen & arbeloa, finnan can be sold. But i think pennant must stay 'cos he is 1 of 2 right winger we have.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Aug 07, 2008 07:55:24 am
      With Pennant though, he doesnt have any really bad games and is a great squad player. He is the best back up out of all the top 4 teams by far.

Scum have Park Ji Sung who is absolute sh*t.

Arse have a defender and a striker usually but used a left back against us in the CL game last season.

Chelsea have SWP who is nothing like the player he used to be. He doesnt have a cross like Jermaine, Jermaine has more pace, the only thing that SWP comes closs to JP is beating their man and IMO they are both the same.

I say keep him for back up because it seems as long as he gets payed (which isnt hurting us too much now is it?) he doesnt mind to sit on the bench and wait for his shot but when he gets it he doesnt perform bad at all.

Plus, this means we have ZERO wingers at the club.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #21: Aug 07, 2008 12:24:32 pm
      Yea i think Pennant is a better option of the bench than El Zhar. So i would keep pennant if i was keeping one. But ive said it a million times. He's bloody brilliant.... when he can be arsed

Quick Reply