Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Fallout 3

Read 10272 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: Fallout 3
      Reply #46: Nov 09, 2008 08:55:51 pm
      So far my promo version has no gliches which, if this remains to be true throughout the game, would be an even bigger disappointment.
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2008 09:24:33 pm by DM Osbon »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #47: Nov 11, 2008 01:43:15 am
      My pleasure - how much have you seen of the game now paul?

I'm on Gears Of War 2 at the moment and can't play anything else :D. I'm waiting until I get stuck on Gears, and then I'll probably get back to Fallout again. Both games are corkers!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #48: Nov 26, 2008 01:26:30 pm
      Fallout 3 DLC drops in January
      By Tor Thorsen, GameSpotPosted Nov 25, 2008 9:11 pm GMT
      PC, 360 editions of postapocalyptic RPG to get new content each month through March, including main quest expansion; PC level editor coming next month.

Less than a week after Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned was unveiled, another downloadable expansion for a best-selling game has been announced. This time, it's Fallout 3's turn, with developer-publisher Bethesda Softworks unveiling no less than three add-ons for the acclaimed and popular role-playing game. The three add-ons are scheduled to launch in January, February, and March of next year, and have not yet been priced.

See above.
      [***WARNING: Spoilers below!***]

The first Fallout 3 add-on will be Operation: Anchorage, which lets players re-create a massive battle between American and Chinese forces in Alaska. Though details were thin, Bethesda said that this feat is accomplished via "military simulator," presumably something similar to the Matrix-meets-Mad Men virtual reality in the mission "Tranquility Lane."

The second installment of DLC is titled "The Pitt," and takes place in the raider city that sprung up from the ruins of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Players will be forced to side with a faction in an unnamed conflict plaguing the town, details about which were not released.

The third expansion, Broken Steel, has players join the benevolent, knightlike Brotherhood of Steel to track down the remnants of the nefarious patriotic pretenders known as The Enclave. It extends the main storyline beyond the climactic battle in the mission "Take It Back," after which the game ends. When queried, Bethesda declined to explain whether or not players will be able to use their last save prior to finishing "Take It Back," requiring them to re-finish the mission.

[***Spoilers end***]

Bethesda declined to say if any of the three Fallout 3 add-ons would contain Xbox 360 achievements, as the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion expansion The Shivering Isles did. Unlike the GTAIV DLC, though, the add-ons will be available for both the 360 and the PC. In December, the latter platform will also get a completely free Fallout 3 level editor, named the G.E.C.K. after the Garden of Eden Creation Kit in the game.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #49: Nov 30, 2008 07:25:45 pm
      Game are selling it for £27.99 on both 360 & PS3 - well worth the purchase!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #50: Jan 16, 2009 12:48:19 pm
      Game are selling it for £27.99 on both 360 & PS3 - well worth the purchase!

£15 in HMV yesterday, impeccable pre-owned copy!

It was still £45 in there for a new one! ;) Happy, pig and sh*t come to mind! ;D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #51: Jan 16, 2009 12:54:09 pm
      The new download content is available for PC and 360 this month. There will be further downloadable content coming in February and March as well. It will probably come with a GOTY edition for PS3 at some point. Mind you, I think Microsoft paid for the content to be made so could be wrong.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #52: Mar 04, 2009 11:52:05 pm
      Anyone picked up the DLC yet?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #53: Mar 05, 2009 04:51:17 pm

Nope not yet. Have you? Any good? Might download it at the weekend if it is.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #54: Mar 08, 2009 06:20:22 pm
      Started this again!

Found it quite hard this game! Faring much better now! Got my own house in Megaton and just figured out that you can select places you've previously visited on the map instead of walking the whole way there! :D Handy!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #55: Mar 09, 2009 10:51:30 pm
      Nope not yet. Have you? Any good? Might download it at the weekend if it is.

No but have been told that I'll be getting into the 'Pitts' DLC via press code. Didn't look at the 1st one, yet.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #56: Sep 26, 2009 06:17:09 pm
      Downloadable content available on PS3.

Did anyone actually play the Broken Steel download pack? Weighing it up as I clocked the game yesterday and I'm yearning for some more. I'm starting again to go through and be a bit of a b***ard. >:D Was good throughout my first go. ;)

Was told today that the other DLC's are going to be available as well on PS3, very soon.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #57: Sep 27, 2009 05:50:37 pm
      Downloadable content available on PS3.

Did anyone actually play the Broken Steel download pack? Weighing it up as I clocked the game yesterday and I'm yearning for some more. I'm starting again to go through and be a bit of a b***ard. >:D Was good throughout my first go. ;)

Was told today that the other DLC's are going to be available as well on PS3, very soon.

I've got it on the 360 without the DLC.

Think I'll wait for the GOTY version to come out on PS3. Think it comes on out 16th October.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #58: Sep 28, 2009 08:27:28 pm
      Think I'll wait for the GOTY version to come out on PS3. Think it comes on out 16th October.

Didn't know that was coming out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-3-Game-Year-PS3/dp/B002DMLMIC

All expansion packs included on it.

Arses. ::) Just bought Broken Steel like a soft b***ard! :D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #59: Sep 28, 2009 10:14:35 pm
      Didn't know that was coming out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-3-Game-Year-PS3/dp/B002DMLMIC

All expansion packs included on it.

Arses. ::) Just bought Broken Steel like a soft b***ard! :D

Think I'm going to start a new game on me 360 version to get back into it before it comes out. Is Broken Steel any good mate?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #60: Sep 29, 2009 06:15:20 pm
      Think I'm going to start a new game on me 360 version to get back into it before it comes out. Is Broken Steel any good mate?

I've only done an extra mission up to now.

Try not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't got to the end but 'big robot man' plays a part in the start of Broken Steel.

Currently downloading the DLC trailers for the other 4. GOTY Version is looking wise. :D But my hard drive update will probably be wiser. It already takes up about 4Gb. :o
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2009 08:12:30 pm by CRK »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #61: Oct 01, 2009 08:13:25 pm
      The Pitt and Operation Anchorage both out as DLC for PS3.

The Pitt is looking mighty fine. Whole new city, lots of mean looking mothers to blow up.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #62: Oct 01, 2009 10:16:02 pm
      Yeah I read the reviews for all the DLC and it said The Pitt and Broken Steel are the best two.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #63: May 11, 2010 10:08:49 pm
      Just started again on this.

Went through my first save with very good karma. Now I'm being a proper b***ard.

Carried Mr Burke's request and got a mighty fine abode in exchange for a bit of chaos. Love it. :D

Seen places already on my new save that I didn't see on my other save where I racked up a good few days playing it. Absolutely huge game.

Quick Reply