Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Standard Liege v Liverpool

Read 34779 times
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Re: Standard Liege v Liverpool
      Reply #368: Aug 14, 2008 11:24:19 pm
      oh yes....and agger was that bad, I think we need skirtel to start regularly til agger gets his confidence back

Dropping him out the team will get his confidence back right enough  ???
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,040 posts | 3352 
      Reply #369: Aug 14, 2008 11:28:30 pm
      to me only benyoun, carragher and reiner come out with any credit from this game

you was watchin another game to me then mate because I didn't see Benayoun all game. He offered the side nothin and showed up our left sided problems again.

As for Carragher he was caught of out position a few times and every ball in our box they won, a centre halves job is to clear them, unfortunately last night Jamie didn't.

I'm guessin by Reiner you mean our keeper, at least we agree that he came out of the match with credit even if we don't agree on the spellin of his name :P
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #370: Aug 14, 2008 11:31:03 pm
      Agree with DLS on the Benayoun point, I thought he was quite poor.
      Carragher only just got pass marks for me, but I mean ONLY JUST.
      Reina, obv. course was the best player on the park, by a mile!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #371: Aug 14, 2008 11:38:27 pm
      Benayoun stood out for me as someone who was always looking for the ball and did the best he could with the service he got.  For sure he was our best attacker last night and played with alot of quality. Taking my Rafa glasses off, he's defo not a winger. Although the only real stand out last night was obviously Reina.

We can add ''Reiner'' to the list, alongside Veronin, Risse, Babbel...and I'm sure there are more  :D
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #372: Aug 14, 2008 11:41:47 pm
      Dropping him out the team will get his confidence back right enough  ???

fair point, but if he plays like that in the next game his confidence will be worse
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #373: Aug 14, 2008 11:43:54 pm
      you was watchin another game to me then mate because I didn't see Benayoun all game. He offered the side nothin and showed up our left sided problems again.

As for Carragher he was caught of out position a few times and every ball in our box they won, a centre halves job is to clear them, unfortunately last night Jamie didn't.

I'm guessin by Reiner you mean our keeper, at least we agree that he came out of the match with credit even if we don't agree on the spellin of his name :P

wasnt carraghers fault that half the defence failed to show up, he made quite a few clearances if you look at his stats
      benayoun was our only piece of creativity in midfield, he takes people on successfully
      ill take spellling lessonns
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #374: Aug 14, 2008 11:44:17 pm
      Maybe he is confident but he was just getting a bit of competitive match practice?
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #375: Aug 14, 2008 11:46:01 pm
      Agree with DLS on the Benayoun point, I thought he was quite poor.
      Carragher only just got pass marks for me, but I mean ONLY JUST.
      Reina, obv. course was the best player on the park, by a mile!

i would say their brazilian player....one who missed the pen unfortunatly was by far the best player on the pitch , even though reiner managed to scoop a stone wall goal from our net     ;)
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #376: Aug 14, 2008 11:48:14 pm
      Oh, I meant he was the best player on the park for us by a mile :D
      Sorry bout that, cheers for pointing it out. :)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,040 posts | 3352 
      Reply #377: Aug 14, 2008 11:49:46 pm
      wasnt carraghers fault that half the defence failed to show up, he made quite a few clearances if you look at his stats
      benayoun was our only piece of creativity in midfield, he takes people on successfully
      ill take spellling lessonns

stats said we had 67% of the ball, when from what I saw we didn't put two passes together. So Carra's stats of clearances don't mean anythin mate, the only stat that matters is the scoreline, it was 0-0 which in future years will look like a great defensive job an the forwards lettin us down. In reality the forwards were starved of any quality service and any service at all from the wings and the defence (includin Carra) were a joke.
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #378: Aug 14, 2008 11:58:58 pm
      stats said we had 67% of the ball, when from what I saw we didn't put two passes together. So Carra's stats of clearances don't mean anythin mate, the only stat that matters is the scoreline, it was 0-0 which in future years will look like a great defensive job an the forwards lettin us down. In reality the forwards were starved of any quality service and any service at all from the wings and the defence (includin Carra) were a joke.
      agree with everything you said,                except the bit about carragher, he was pulled out of position a few times because dossena was caught far too many times upfield and the other feller was playing crap, carra is very much like myself in that he tries his hardest every game,and tries to make up for other peoples innefficiencies by covering ground that isnt his..........have faith in jamie, he may be getting older and slower but he is still the best at what he does, only skirtel comes close these days.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #379: Aug 15, 2008 06:33:12 am
      agree with everything you said,                except the bit about carragher, he was pulled out of position a few times because dossena was caught far too many times upfield and the other feller was playing crap, carra is very much like myself in that he tries his hardest every game,and tries to make up for other peoples innefficiencies by covering ground that isnt his..........have faith in jamie, he may be getting older and slower but he is still the best at what he does, only skirtel comes close these days.

Compare yourself to Jamie and then say Skrtel is better at reading the game than Sami... ???

Afew touched on this, Crouchy was missed. He is being played as a second striker at Pompey and playing so good but we booted him for Keane.

I said this before Crouchy left, if we get Keane as a second striker why waste money when Crouch does the same job, scores when you want him too and holds the ball up so well.

Keane has done nothing for Nando yet, if you look at Nando's body attitude it looks as though he isnt enjoying himself. Dont know what it is but i never saw it when he played by himself and had midfielders playing him through, same with the Euro's and David Villa, he wasnt enjoying it one bit to me.

I know most will say/think this is looking at it from hindsight and just being negative but i said it before Keane came. I'll give him two months though to show why he was bought and why Nando will value his contribution so well.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #380: Aug 15, 2008 10:22:10 am
      All the players had a bad game except for one and that you can't predict because once they had us on the back foot we had no-one with the quality to calm it all down and if any come in for criticism it should be the team as a whole and not any individuals as all the players were trying but ended up looking like chickens with their heads cut off...

Quick Reply