Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Sunderland to be bigger than us!!

Read 4494 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Sunderland to be bigger than us!!
      Aug 11, 2008 04:58:29 pm
      Back page interview with Niall Quinn in an Irish paper yesterday headlined "Quinn: We can be bigger then pool" It goes on to talk about us signing Keane and then it comes out.." we murdered their home attedances every week after christmas. And if we keep progressing if we get to the point down the line where we are knocking on the door of the champions league I would have to go to the investors and ask them to commit to a 60000 stadium to make us the second biggest club in England"

What a tit. Why do these clowns think that by building a bigger stadium then Anfield they become a bigger club then us? There is probably 3 clubs in te world who could argue to be bigger then us. Our history and our future will ensure we will always be at the very very top when people ask who is the greates or biggest club in the worlld

Quinn you clown your attendances were bigger because youve a larger capacity but what happens up there when things arent going well? empty fu**ing seats pal thats what. Dont ever compare Sunderland to Liverpool not only do you make yourself out to be a dick but its not fair on your real fans to be compared to us.

Never been arsed about Sunderland but I hope we give them a good seeing to on Saturday after reading this sh*te
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 01:14:23 am by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Sunderland to be bigger then us!!
      Reply #1: Aug 11, 2008 05:07:46 pm
      Funny that.

A year and a half ago their attendances were hovering between 29,000 and 31,000.
      http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=505953

Gobshites.

The only thing bigger about them is the amount of bullshit they can spew up.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Aug 11, 2008 05:17:02 pm
      Never been arsed about Sunderland but I hope we give them a good seeing to on Saturday after reading this sh*te

Very true.

The season's nearly here and the mind games are starting. I wouldn't read too much into it, they might get relegated.  :D

We should be tearing teams like Sunderland apart this season.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Aug 11, 2008 05:17:24 pm
      They seem to be somewhat naïve - no club in Europe is bigger than us. What makes them think a third-rate, bottom-table club such as themselves can be bigger and badder than the best club in the world? Are they ill or something?

Anfield - Capacity 45,362
      Stadium of Light - Capacity 49,000

Of course they're going to have higher attendences on average after Xmas - it's what happens when their fans turn up to watch them try and avoid relegation. Before the relegation battle starts this year, I'll bet their attendance is nobody but a toddler named Jim and a small rooster.

And on an afterthought, who gives a crap about their attendances when there's no atmosphere? Ha!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Aug 11, 2008 06:24:43 pm
      Utter tosh!  ::)

From reading what he said, I do start to worry that Quinn has a bit of a preoccupation with "size", perhaps not too surprising given his stature...

Maybe someone should tell him that it's not how big it is that matters, it's what you do with it!

(And by that, of course, I mean it's better to fill your smaller stadium than to have a bigger one half-empty. If you were wondering...).
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #5: Aug 11, 2008 06:31:03 pm
      Haha that was a good laugh.
      How can anyone think a team like Sunderland are bigger than us? :D
      Hes quite clearly just trying to wind us up before the start of the season, read nothing else into it, just a load of bullsh*t.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #6: Aug 11, 2008 07:50:35 pm
      well we can all say thats crap

however, i do like sunderland as a club
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Aug 11, 2008 07:51:30 pm
      Thats the scary thing about it lads I dont think hes on a wind up Quinn actually believes what hes saying. I tell ye how desperate they are Quinn sorted cheap deals for people from Ireland to fly to Sunderland to suppourt them he literaly bought fans!! Granted the flights from Dublin to Liverpool and Manchester are full of Irish reds for Liverpool games but most of us are Liverpool thru and thru I wasnt offered a cheap deal to help fill Anfield!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #8: Aug 11, 2008 09:14:07 pm
      Can't blame Quinn to have hopes and dreams, but he is in the dream world
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Aug 11, 2008 09:43:47 pm
      Quinn=Pillock

as for the bit about the 60,000 seater stadium making it the 2nd biggest in england, by the time that happens we will hopefully have our stadium completed which will be the 2nd biggest! what a dumbass!!! and how can you call a few thousand fans more murdering our attendance, the difference is lfc fans turn up even when times are hard where as their fans DONT!

:lmao: bigger than us :lmao: jog on son!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Aug 11, 2008 11:46:05 pm
      This belongs in the jokes thread.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 11, 2008 11:51:38 pm
      WHF :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #12: Aug 12, 2008 12:05:43 am
      This belongs in the jokes thread.
      That's a good one!

I can't believe he's serious about it?!
      Surely he is just winding us up for the match...?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #13: Aug 12, 2008 12:40:16 am
      I've always liked Sunderland as a club (mainly because I hate Newcastle) and Niall Quinn as a person, but there's a few things he has to take into consideration:

1) we share our city so people have the choice of two clubs rather than just one like Sunderland
      2) their stadium is bigger than ours so law of averages suggests they would have bigger attendances
      3) why do you need to be knockin on the door of the Champions League before a 60,000 seater stadium is asked for? Won't you loyal and precious fans come out and support you when there isn't Champions League football?
      4) new stadium or not, Sunderland will never be bigger than Liverpool because the number of fans your stadium holds means F**k all in terms of history, tradition and size of club throughout the globe.
      5) Liverpool are goin to Tottenham and signing Robbie Keane (your ex strike partner for ROI) you're goin to Tottenham and signing Pascal Chimbonda...see a difference Niall? That's why you'll never be bigger than us.

Even in the late 90s early 2000s with Peter Reid in charge and the Phillips/Quinn partnership up front, their highest finish was 7th. That's why they got rid or Roker Park and got the Stadium Of Light, what happened? They went down. It's all very well havin a brand new stadium, you need the players fit enough to play in it, Sunderland do not have that, and won't have that for a very very long time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #14: Aug 12, 2008 12:48:02 am
      5) Liverpool are goin to Tottenham and signing Robbie Keane (your ex strike partner for ROI) you're goin to Tottenham and signing Pascal Chimbonda

:lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Sunderland to be bigger than us!!
      Reply #15: Aug 12, 2008 07:35:55 am
      WTF :P :D  ;D
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 12, 2008 08:15:58 am
      All that Co2 that the fans (49000 my ass) have been emmitting have gone to Quinns head ???, either that or he has headed too many balls in his career.

The walls of reality will crash down upon him and his precious club come spanking day!!!!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #17: Aug 12, 2008 08:36:25 am
      Quinn's job is to talk up his team so it's not surprising that he comes out with statements like this.

What everybody is missing is that this is a great compliment to us.  He didn't say they could be bigger than United, Arsenal or Chelsea.  He said they could be bigger than the best team in the Premiership.

Nice one Niall. >:D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #18: Aug 12, 2008 08:50:31 am
      The new season is here now lads and the mighty REDS have got to get off to a flyer and show Quinn and his Sunderland side what it takes to be a top team.With the likes of that mercenary Chimboda in the Sunderland side we should not have too many problems.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 12, 2008 09:03:15 am
      The new season is here now lads and the mighty REDS have got to get off to a flyer and show Quinn and his Sunderland side what it takes to be a top team.With the likes of that mercenary Chimboda in the Sunderland side we should not have too many problems.

"Mercenary", haha that is funny and made me chuckle, I think ol pascal actually lives in a shoe you know like in the story books because he's a tiny little f**ker. Don't get me wrong though it would be some hell of a shoe, probably a designer fashion label straight from the shelves of one of most Milan's finest shops.

Yep, I'm sure the lads and the Gaffer are all quaking with fear at their fabulous set up. However Sunderland have got the best pitch in the Prem you know, they do lay out 7 million pounds worth of sh*t on it every week!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Aug 12, 2008 09:05:24 am
      Niall, on your bike lad.

History shows, they have 6 cups, none after WW1. We have 18.

We have 5 euro cups, they have ZERO.

We have Nando, Stevie, Keane, Babel, Masch, Alonso, Carra, Reina. They have Nosworthy, Mcshane, Reid , Hartley, Etuhu along with MASSIVE signings Chimbonda, Tainio and Diouf.

Niall, i fart on your face mate.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 12, 2008 09:09:15 am

5) Liverpool are goin to Tottenham and signing Robbie Keane (your ex strike partner for ROI) you're goin to Tottenham and signing Pascal Chimbonda...see a difference Niall? That's why you'll never be bigger than us.

Have you been hanging round with Jim Davidson again mate  :lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #22: Aug 12, 2008 12:30:31 pm
      Newcastle once knocked on the door of the Champions League.

They also have a bigger stadium than us.

How can their neighbours, who are of no bigger stature than the barcodes, suggest that a bigger stadium and a rare flutter in Europe will get them anywhere?

Quick Reply