Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Are we title contenders?

Read 89592 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Are we title contenders?
      Reply #1242: Apr 30, 2009 09:08:43 pm
      Didn't Viduka score four against us for Leeds a few years back. 4-3 I think it was. Big Sami scored and I think the other two where Berger and Ziege.
      Wasn't the Leeds game at Elland Road ? I Think the comment regarding someone scoring for against us was referring to it being at Anfield  !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1243: Apr 30, 2009 09:15:02 pm
      A few games left and we're still in with a realistic chance of winning it. Surely that means we're title contenders.

Can we lock this thread now?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1244: Apr 30, 2009 09:17:32 pm
      A few games left and we're still in with a realistic chance of winning it. Surely that means we're title contenders.

Can we lock this thread now?

You dont need permission do ye?  :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1245: Apr 30, 2009 09:44:12 pm
      You dont need permission do ye?  :D

I'm not asking for permission. Just seems a lot of people can't accept that we are title contenders.  ;)

What a lot of us hoped for at the beginning of the season was to be challenging near the end of the season. I'll go so far as to say there would have been people happy for us to be still in with a shout after Christmas.

Goes to show how much we have improved this season in the league and the red machine keeps getting stronger.

Let's not forget, this thread was started in August....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1246: Apr 30, 2009 09:49:48 pm
      I think its all any of us wanted was to be still there come April. Here we are coming in to May and well in there. Maybe for some people it is a surprise that we are there but for others me included its whats expected from our club, to challenge.

Anyway I expect a lot more posts in here afer the weekend saying YES
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #1247: May 02, 2009 10:21:17 am
      Its gonna be another weekend in this exciting title race. We're pushing down to the wire and now it will be on them to get the 3 points first. Lets hope Boro do the stuff like how they did us. I remember Rafa saying the pitch is horrible so hopefully anything is possible! And cheered on by a sellout crowd, fighting with heart to avoid relegation.

Not to forget we faced Boro when they were on a 17 game winless run. And they beat us 2-0. Its a similar situation for the mancs now. Lets hope Boro do their best and get a result.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #1248: May 02, 2009 03:12:06 pm
      Well the scum have won again, i won't give up hope untill the end, but you just can't see them losing or drawing. Hopefully city can do us a favour and put a seed of doubt in there heads.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1249: May 02, 2009 03:13:48 pm
      Well the scum have won again, i won't give up hope untill the end, but you just can't see them losing or drawing. Hopefully city can do us a favour and put a seed of doubt in there heads.

And Arsenal. And the other teams.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #1250: May 02, 2009 03:41:35 pm
      F**k F**k F***ing Scum .....bloody won again .... as much as I say I'll always believe that we can do it . I just can't see those bas**rds dropping points with all the money  they have and all the help they get from the refs except maybe against Arsenal  but that's it ! I would break my heart to see them win it again and to equal our record of league trophies . BUt I will still say BELIEVE TILL THE END ! YNWA !
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1251: May 02, 2009 03:59:27 pm
      F**k F**k F***ing Scum .....bloody won again .... as much as I say I'll always believe that we can do it . I just can't see those bas**rds dropping points with all the money  they have and all the help they get from the refs except maybe against Arsenal  but that's it ! I would break my heart to see them win it again and to equal our record of league trophies . BUt I will still say BELIEVE TILL THE END ! YNWA !
      My thoughts too :(
      Believe YNWA
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #1252: May 02, 2009 04:41:36 pm
      Still believe. City are cruising 3-0 now against Blackburn. They've got City, Wigan, Arsenal and Hull away to face.

Anything's possible, heads up. We can do it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1253: May 02, 2009 04:48:35 pm
      keep the faith.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #1254: May 02, 2009 04:56:24 pm
      Exactly, dont think its over until its mathematically impossible.

That is why I dont really like the talk about 'If we dont win the league this season..'

Anything is possible.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #1255: May 03, 2009 01:37:54 am
      It could just be my age... but I remember a time when Liverpool FC ruled supreme !
      The golden years of the 70s and 80s when we thought it would never end ! ( be honest who thought it would?)
      Then came the curse of Sir Alex Slurguson.........
      As much as it grieves me he has done for the Man Utd as we did all those years ago.
      That said all empires do crumble and fall (as ours did) , when Chelsea got all their multi ££££ they said the premiership was doomed to a £££££££ Chelsea takeover, yet even they are struggling to keep in the top four & they still havent won the Euro Champions Cup.
      I am already looking forward to the 09/10 season.
      Rafa has already set the building blocks in place for next season, hence Sir Alex Slurgusons public spate with Rafa , he knows that the time is running out for Man Utd to be top dog !!
      Titchinjp
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #1256: May 03, 2009 02:24:35 am
      I reckon we'll do even better next season, we just need to beat the smaller teams and we'll be there. Look at our record against the "big 3" this season.

I'm looking forward to 09/10 too!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1257: May 03, 2009 02:33:40 am
      Not over yet. City back in form, Robinho back in form. We could see a shock next weekend at OT
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1258: May 03, 2009 03:19:16 am
      Its not over yet but I firmly believe we will the title next year and this Man United reign will end, another great Liverpool reign will come very very soon
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #1259: May 03, 2009 11:22:48 am
      Its not over yet but I firmly believe we will the title next year and this Man United reign will end, another great Liverpool reign will come very very soon

Yeah...I think that their reign will come to end next season because they will loose key players like Giggs ( retirement ) , Van Der Sar ( retirement ) , Tevez , Ronaldo  in the summer and have have great young players coming through like spearing and Insua and keys players have singed contracts and this year we've proved that we can beat the best in all competitions and the team has showed tremendous iprovement from last season and we showed that we don't only rely on just Stevie and Nando ! YNWA !
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1260: May 03, 2009 11:54:48 am
      It's not over 'til it's over.

However, even if this year is not our year, what a F***ing effort it has been. A great improvement on previous seasons and we have to be proud of that, we have been a real challenge for United this year and the 4-1 just summed it up really. It's a shame we have drawn so many but hopefully it's something we can improve on.

After this season has gone, it is up to us to make the next season ours. The title belongs at Liverpool and nowhere else. I really think we can do it.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #1261: May 04, 2009 03:59:04 pm
      It hurts but we only have oursleves to blame for not making the draws into wins.  It hurts more knowling that Slur Alex will match our record unless the Gooners and Man City do us a massive favour.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1262: May 04, 2009 04:19:02 pm
      It hurts but we only have oursleves to blame for not making the draws into wins.  It hurts more knowling that Slur Alex will match our record unless the Gooners and Man City do us a massive favour.

as much as it irk's me knowing that the manc's could reach our leauge title's this season,i also know that next year or even this year we will regain our crown.
      it's all a matter of time,fergie wont be around for long and they will have to re-build from scratch,rafa and liverpool will be there to fill in the power vacum.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #1263: May 07, 2009 09:22:18 am
      Come on Man City, they really could do the business against their hated rivals, manure are probably gonna be tired now, in reality after playing so many matches, And I am relying on Arsenal to give them a good game and get some revenge..for the sake of their dignity they must beat utd.... it just still could happen, especially if we keep our GD above theirs currently 3 more.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #1264: May 07, 2009 11:10:55 am
      Thats what we want to hear Robbyr' No surrender'. It aint over till we cant win it, ive seen too many mad things happen to even think about giving up! COME ON CITY![by the way like the Barca touch] ;)

Quick Reply