Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Is Steve Finnan finished?

Read 3900 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Is Steve Finnan finished?
      Reply #23: Aug 19, 2008 09:01:39 am
      I agree with JD regarding Arbeloa looking rusty,he was certainly not at his best at Sunderland. Now to Steve Finnan I am surprised at the apparent lack of interest from other clubs as he is a player who does his job and does not seek the limelight and does not sulk when things are not going right.In plain speaking a good clubman.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Aug 19, 2008 01:26:30 pm
      I just think its a sad day when a player who has been as consistent as Carra is treated so shabily. Im not saying because of what hes done in the past he should be treated like he owns the place but he deerves to be treated with respect. He said himself he hasnt been injured but yet all hes got is 20 mins against Villareal and 8 minutes at centre half  :f_doh: against Lazio. Its almost like he has become a leper at the club
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Aug 19, 2008 01:52:13 pm
      I just think its a sad day when a player who has been as consistent as Carra is treated so shabily.

I think you mean Steve Finnan, Brian  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #26: Aug 19, 2008 02:19:20 pm
      I think we can safely say Finnan will not be in the Barry deal because Villa have signed Luke Young to replace Melberg at right back. I don't think Finnan would move from Liverpool's bench to Villa's bench and Villa wouldn't waste money on Luke Young to sit on the bench.

I do think however Finnan will move on in the near future because he's come out of international retirement. He's got a chance of going to the 2010 World Cup should ROI qualify, he's only gonna go by playing first team football. That's why he turned down the chance to move to Villa in my opinion. I think he knew he wasn't gonna play reguarly at Villa Park either. I think if a club who could offer him first team football came in for him he'd jump at the chance.

Loyal servant to the club, can count on one hand the number of bad games he's played in a Liverpool shirt. Wish him all the luck in the world if or when he moves on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Aug 19, 2008 05:52:46 pm
      I think you mean Steve Finnan, Brian  ;)

what I meant was that Finnan's consistency has matched that of Carraghers over the years sorry for the confusion

Quick Reply