Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

A kind fixture list?

Read 1451 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      A kind fixture list?
      Aug 20, 2008 01:33:18 pm
      Having a glance through the fixture list a couple of things stood out which made me think has the fixture list finally been kind to us and could it effect out title hopes?

Basically from September into October, a time when we will be playing champions league games, we literally don't have to travel as Everton and Man city are the away games with Utd Stoke and Wigan at home. So know flights back from Europe followed by trips to London or the south coast.

Secondly our fixtures prior to and after playing the other top 4 sides and our local rivals aren't too bad either

Man u at home is preceded by Villa away and followed by Stoke at home. Away to Utd is preceded by Sunderland at home and Villa at home

Chelsea at home is preceded by Wigan away and followed by Portsmouth away and the away fixture is preceded by Wigan at home and followed by Pompey at home. Arsenal away we have Hull home the week before and Bolton home the week after while before the Arsenal home game we are home to Blackburn and after we travel to hull. Finally before the derby at Goodison its Stoke at home and after its City away while before the Anfield derby its Stoke away and followed by Wigan away

Does anyone agree with me that it isn't a bad list and can it help in our title bid?
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008 05:16:04 pm by ayrton77 »
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: A kind fixture list?
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2008 04:45:00 pm
      Yes I do agree, it will affect our title hopes cause if we were to lose one of those games,then it wouldn't knock our confidence too much,as we'd probably win the game before and the game after.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #2: Aug 20, 2008 04:49:39 pm
      Agree. Certainly means we could put a lot more effort into the big games as we SHOULD need little effort against the other teams with the quality we have.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #3: Aug 20, 2008 05:44:49 pm
      Well spotted there mate. Doesn't hurt to be helped by a stroke of luck eh? Anyway first match of the season we have shown that we can still make a difference in an unimpressive outing as long as we have the likes of Torres in our team. Like Rafa said, turning draws into wins! There is a great breeze blowing our way and it's about to sweep us towards number 19 and I can sure feel it! 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Aug 20, 2008 06:24:26 pm
      I'm not sure it matters greatly.

If we had Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal consecutively at least the chances are more likely that we could do some damage to one of them.

It's a throwaway phrase but there really are no easy games - Sunderland away is a classic example of that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,912 posts | 6834 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2008 07:00:29 pm
      Brian78 that's a fair effort to go through the fixture list as you've done. I agree it looks very kind to us. It's about time.

Myself, I couldn't be arsed.

I'm just going to be taking each week as it comes and hope whoever we play, no matter where it is, that we get maximum points and that over the course of the season we can play at a consistently top level.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2008 07:37:00 pm
      In the end... you play the same amount of matches so it doesnt really matter IMO, but ever little helps i suppose

Quick Reply