Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Barry hits back at Benitez

Read 7608 times
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Re: Barry hits back at Benitez
      Reply #46: Jul 19, 2009 08:15:10 am
      HAHA, what a d***, but how the hell would he have gone down if he'd of come to us, there are only a few people on here...no in the world sorry, who rate him and I am certainly not one of them. Rafa was just having some middle age joke ;). I think there is a better reason, I think Rafa didn't 100% want him so he used the real reason that we couldn't afford him ;D. I've never like barry, don't think I ever will.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #47: Jul 19, 2009 12:00:16 pm
      he was never worth £20m full stop, thats why he didn't join us!
      I for one am f***in made up
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #48: Jul 19, 2009 02:23:21 pm
      Barry wants to pick his lip up before City's pre-season kicks off, can't have the little baby tripping over it and causing himself an injury can we ;)
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #49: Jul 23, 2009 12:14:44 pm
      Mercenary! Well he'll get CL football there. Wait are City qualified? That why he went there right! Mercenary
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,398 posts | 2825 
      Reply #50: Jul 23, 2009 01:30:46 pm
      Gareth Barry = w**ker.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #51: Jul 23, 2009 11:52:09 pm
      Got tore apart when we hammered Villa 5-0 at Anfield.

That was the day I thought he ought to show Rafa what he was missing.But he was f****n useless that day.Hope to God he has a bad start and sparky drops him.  :tosser:
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #52: Jul 23, 2009 11:58:32 pm
      Barry hits back at Benitez, f*ck right off.One sold his soul for money , the other sold his soul for principals and beliefs, guess which is which.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #53: Jul 24, 2009 12:16:36 am
      F*c* off Barry you haven't got a big enough heart to play for us if you choose money over passion. What we have is PRICELESS.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #54: Jul 24, 2009 03:59:46 pm
      If city offered him the same money we did, do you think he would be playing in blue or red?  ::)
      skinupred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #55: Jul 27, 2009 09:50:14 pm
      you only went to city for the money, you c**t, and only city would pay over the odds for someone who would have been a squad player for us, at least you will be able to watch us in the champions league Bell end
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #56: Jul 27, 2009 09:52:55 pm
      What do you call a club that has the power of a Viper but performs like a Panda?

Man City
      jojopopo23
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #57: Jul 28, 2009 02:25:30 am
      we don't need barry to win the league
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #58: Jul 28, 2009 03:14:28 am
      "I found Rafa Benitez's comments a bit disrespectful," Barry told the Daily Telegraph.

"By that stage my decision was made and people should move on. There was genuine interest from Liverpool and I think he's probably just upset I chose City.

"I've been in the Premier League for 10 years, more, and the money I've been paid is phenomenal compared to your average, everyday working man. You live and work away from normal life anyway, so money's not a big factor.

"The difference was that City made me feel wanted. Liverpool had a chance to buy me last season but failed to pay the money, and only found it this year when they knew someone else had reached an agreement."

Barry admitted the collapse of his proposed move to Anfield last summer made his return to Villa Park a trying time and accused the Reds of making 'excuses' over their failure to complete the deal.

Something big

He added: "There was a feeling of being let down. Excuses were made about things going on behind the scenes and in the boardroom, but I came out of it looking like a bad person.

"It took a long time for me to get back into the squad at Villa afterwards. It was tough to deal with.

"That's why there's nothing better than a club making you feel wanted and getting a deal done in days.

"It's not about money, it's about the chance to be part of something big from the very beginning at a club who really want you."

How the F**k can you say "Its not about the MONEY", then say the above quote.  Its not about the money but you managed to refer too "MONEY" 4 TIMES in a 20 second quote.

"You live and work away from normal life anyway, so money's not a big factor."     

Really, So your telling us because your so rich and get paid HUGE amounts of money that money is no big deal!.....F**k You. You had Issues at Villa because your a dick!

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #59: Jul 28, 2009 01:25:09 pm
      Shameless Barry. Stop talking. We all know that you just want money. Even you know it.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #60: Jul 28, 2009 01:27:37 pm
      Hes a bit of a w**ker if you ask me.    :tosser:  :)

No good for our club. Glad we didnt sign him.

Quick Reply