Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

What are we missing???

Read 1625 times
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 438 posts |
      What are we missing???
      Aug 28, 2008 08:49:34 am
      I'm sure everyone will agree that our recent performances are disappointing.  So whats the problem?  Whats Liverpool missing?

Now its easy for us all too say 2/3 players, but we don't have the money.  So what would you do with the current crop of players.

I think Robbie Keane is clogging up the midfielder and treading on Gerrards toes.  Why can't he play of the shoulders of the last defender? 

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I think we need to go back to a 4-5-1 formation, with Gerrard at the point in midfielder.

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: What are we missing???
      Reply #1: Aug 28, 2008 09:04:44 am
      Our winning formation! 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-3-2

A suitable sub for Injured Gerrard. Alonso cant fill that Nike Boot (No pun)

End of.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Aug 28, 2008 10:08:58 am
      If we can win all our games by the odd goal I would suggest we are not missing nothing.Seriously we have got enough talent at the club not to struggle through games and it has to be a case (not Jimmy ) of RAFA dropping players who are out of form and bringing in players  from the squad who are prepared to die for the club.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Aug 28, 2008 11:18:18 am
      I think Robbie Keane is clogging up the midfielder and treading on Gerrards toes.  Why can't he play of the shoulders of the last defender? 

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I think we need to go back to a 4-5-1 formation, with Gerrard at the point in midfielder.

Well we obviously play better with Torres upfront on his own with Gerrard in the free role. Maybe going back to the 4-2-3-1 will help us.

Chelsea and United have won the league in previous years by winning ugly so why can't we? ;D

All that we are missing is an out-n-out winger, whether it is on the right of the left, if Rafa is going to opt for a left winger then i can see us playin Babel on the right.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Aug 28, 2008 11:23:23 am
      I have an idea, drop who's sh*t, play who has been performing. Play to our strengths and what works for us. I dont care who sits on the bench, we paid X amount for Y player means sh*t all if results are being scraped out that way.

4-2-3-1 works for us although i doubt it now with Stevie gone but when he gets back we need to switch back. Drop Arbeloa, i didnt see him last night but God almighty after his past 5 matches it doesnt matter how well he played because he has been crap. What has Finnan done wrong? All this talk of Arby surpassing him is nonsense because i have never seen Finnan play as badly as Arby has. Stephen Darby even, he was brilliant in pre season as was half our young lads who havent been given anything for their performances.

El Zhar or Pennant on the right, Babel on the left. End of.

The one main criticism i have of Rafa is he shifts the wrong players. Dirk, bye bye. Yossi, it was a bye bye a longggg time ago. I'm not saying out of this club, just put Yossi on the bench.

Dirk, he isnt going to play striker, he isnt a winger so there's only one solution. Cash in. We could get 10-12 million for a guy who has a big heart. Hell, if i knew it only took having a big heart i would have begged Rafa to sign me and i have a better touch than Dirk.

For a guy whose only notable piece of talent is running to Woop Woop and back flat out i think its an amazing piece of business to get into double figures for him. Now i love Dirk, he is a champion bloke and just gives his all but quite frankly his best isnt good enough.

Pennant, so what he doesnt run for 4 hours and not pant, he is the most effective player we have out there. El Zhar even, i'd be more than happy to see him come on instead of Dirk.

Our left is ok if Babel stays there.

Ngog, he cost a fraction of Keane but he has performed and Robbie hasnt. Scored 2 belters and nearly another 2, give him a crack because of what we saw from him, he would carve those defences we have come up against.

Probably most of this post is out of anger but it seems correct to me right now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Aug 28, 2008 11:37:16 am
      Crouchinho, trust me mate that isn't just out of anger, what you said is spot on. Although i don't want to see Kuyt gone, he could be a good impact player maybe. Benayoun is NOT a left winger so that idea needs to be burnt out of Rafa's plans. The amount of times i've shouted, screamed, banged on the television for Ngog to come on in the last few games is ridiculous, the lad was quality in pre-season.

Get Ngog starting against Villa, see who has the best talented young striker between Ngog and Agbonlahor :). Put Keane on the bench and make it clear to him if he doesn't score then he won't be playing, Crouch always got left out even when he played OUTSTANDING so why does Keane get the special treatment just because he cost £19m ?

Quick Reply