Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Roman Pavlyuchenko (Spartak Moscow)

Read 2393 times
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Spartak Moscow)
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2008 05:10:30 pm
      Pavlyuchenko signs for Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement to sign Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko from Spartak Moscow.

The 26-year-old arrives at White Hart Lane for a reported fee of £12m.

Pavlyuchenko, who had already confirmed the deal was "practically settled" earlier in the week, was Russia's top scorer at Euro 2008.

He scored three goals as they reached the semi-finals, and also netted twice in a 2-1 win over England in a qualifying match in October 2007.

"Everything has happened very quickly so I could not even say goodbye to my team-mates," Pavlyuchenko said before leaving Russia to sign his contract in London.

"I could not decide if I wanted to go to England at first - first yes, then no," he added.

"The only thing that stopped me from leaving was my family. But now all doubts are behind me and I decided to sign a contract with Tottenham." 

Spurs have been searching for a striker as a replacement for Robbie Keane, who joined Liverpool for £20.3m this summer, while Dimitar Berbatov looks set to leave the club before the end of the current transfer window on 1 September.

The Bulgaria striker has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United.

From BBC Sport
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2008 05:24:23 pm by Bpatel »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Spartak Moscow)
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2008 05:36:49 pm
      Thanks Bpatel.

Topic locked.

Quick Reply