Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Everton: Post Match discussion

Read 3635 times
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 255 posts | -3 
      Sep 09, 2006 02:34:12 pm
      To be honest. I can't quite believe we lost.

Two terrible defensive errors for both first half goals.

I think in hindsight Rafa picked the wrong two strikers for the game.  The pace of Bellamy and Kuyt from the start would have been a much better option.

20 shots to their 4 - to be fair they put them away.

They can have their cup final victory.

It's a good job we have another game in a couple of days to try and put this behind us.  Can you imagine if it was the two week international break now....!

And as for Riise - it just wasn't worth the risk to play him or Carragher in this game.

They can count themselves lucky the blue sh*te today - they will do nothing this season.
      Jamez1988
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      DAM
      Reply #1: Sep 09, 2006 02:40:35 pm
      I am really pissed with this result! Its unbelieveable!

BELLAMY shud have played. aurelio played crap the ref was crap we shuda had a clear penalty.

Jamie was obviously not ready to come back and played CRAP
      i feel sorry for any1 who payed £8 FOR THIS on premplus!

AND NOW WE LOST 3 NIL. REINA U SUCK OMG WHY WHY WHY ARE WE SO F*IN SH*T
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Sep 09, 2006 02:54:52 pm
      james and rushie i totaly agree kuyt and bellamy shuld have started aurelio was pathetic. we couldnt even pass it was awful ruined my day :( WHAT A WASTE OF 8£ liverpool = pathetic
      spot
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 09, 2006 03:07:32 pm
      Rafa, pick our best 11 for F&#k sake without worrying about our next champions league game... fowler doesnt have it anymore and alonso, aurelio and reina were woeful. Maybe dudek should play next game to make reina think about his game a little more.

Game summary

L'pool    21 shots - 0 goals = Problem
      Everton 4 shots - 3 goals = Big problem
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 09, 2006 04:03:42 pm
      I didnt see the game 2day due to being in work and no 1 would swap shifts with me  :evil: but on the radio we sounded poor. I think we should pick r best team and stick with it.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 09, 2006 04:21:48 pm
      oh dear oh dear we did have the most attempts at goal but we looked like a team who had'nt prepared for it aurelio omg poor game and reina what was he doing fo rthe third.

their second was a free kick to us beforehand cahill pulling xabi down in a headlock and the 2 blatant pens that wrent given just a really bad day at the office and throwing riise in has now cost him dear.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Sep 09, 2006 04:35:55 pm
      What a difference a week makes, ok we lost the game to the blue sh*te through a poor game of mainly defensive errors - lessons are to be learnt from this obviously, when is Rafa going to see that Sami is well past his best, he's too slow to catch a cold and left it to Carra to cover him who was still not fully fit.  

We took too many chances today on unfit players and those who did play were careless, the only one that stood out for me today was MoMo who was excellent.    

Get a grip Reds cos if you carry on like this the CL will be out of our reach and so will number 19.  

At the end of the day the wrong team selection cost us 3 points (and our pride against bluesh*te who will go on about this forever !! )  Lets hope its just a blip which i'm sure it is.     :(
      SpeedyG07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #7: Sep 09, 2006 04:38:48 pm
      we made signings because our team needed pace, we got 3 very quick players and 2 of them wernt selected in the squad and 1 was on the bench. we looked very slow. rafa should realise that at this moment against our biggest rivals we shuld play our best side and that the league is now more important for us than the Champs league.
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Reply #8: Sep 09, 2006 05:23:47 pm
      I think if we really want to seriously contend for the title we need to start evry game we can with this team

Let Riena have a chance of keeping a clean sheet if not id say dudek.

Let aurielio have another chance since riise is out.

Carragher will be on form

I hope Hyypia will be aswell

Finnan at right back

On the right Pennant

On the left Gonzalez

Gerrard in the centre

And Alonso or Sissoko i cant decide

Up front should be bellamy

And Dirk Kuyt

With Crouch a definet Sub.

This team has pace and instead of changing tactics every game Rafa should get a team that has experiance toghther.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 09, 2006 05:34:20 pm
      I think the midweek internationals had a big say in todays game. Crouchy wasnt his self and no bellemy? he shud of rested crouchy aswell and played kryt from the start, at least wen he came on he was fightin for us. the game was poor and no excuses at all. we was the poorer side today. we gota make quick changes for midweek and next sunday wen we visit the chavs. this is a make or break time now.
      EVILeyeZ
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 09, 2006 05:43:24 pm
      Well actually no matter what team we put, we will be poor if we don't have that ruthless mentality of finishing of lesser opponents.  Untill we get that, the NUMBER 19 will continue to elude us.  As for today, at one point, I thought we were too soft all around.  Stevie G went missing in periods, Garcia was aimless, fabio was soft, Carra... the poor was not match fit and yet had to cover for sami poor defending, Pepe wa slike a clown in a circus... entertaining the blue nose fans.  MoMo and finnan were the only real performer for this blip of a game.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 09, 2006 05:48:05 pm
      Put simply a bad day at the office....but seem to be  making to many silly errors and certain players are clearly off the pace at the moment and need to pull their socks up...or be dropped ....reina, aurelio, hyppia  and alonso. our defence looks so fragile and vunerable now.

i rememba westervald dropping a smaller clanger than peipes today v bolton and gh sold him. reina's made quite a few notables ones..during the past 12 months .....me thinks its time to giv jerzy a go rafa?

dont give up on the reds lads .....theres loads of footie left..

for the neverwons pl rememba ..".he who laughs last, laughs last.........", and how many times has it been the reds laughing last.

just look at our trophy cabinet and history before writing us off.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #12: Sep 09, 2006 06:01:16 pm
      the whole team was crap except for finnan, our most reliable player.

i'd say that we've lost the pl now unless we can beat chelsea and utd home and away.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 09, 2006 06:24:44 pm
      its still early days to say we lost the prem, its still a nuther 40 odd games left and anythin can happen in a game of football.
       todays game was always goin to happen. lets just hope rafa can iron out the big mistakes and put them rite for next sundays game with the chavs. i wud perfer to loose early on in the season than later n wen we are fightin for every 3 pionts. THE PREM IS COMEING TO ANFIELD!!! in Rafa we trust.
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 09, 2006 08:53:24 pm
      disgusting result  :oops:  :x  :(
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Sep 09, 2006 09:33:29 pm
      Awful game, awful everything. Including that tw*t Poll.

For Everton's second goal, what the F**k was going on there?

That cheating c**t Cahill dragged Xabi down in a head lock. We had soo many chances to score. As for Aurelio, I am not in the slightest impressed with his proformances recently. He's a bollocks defender and is only DECENT going forward. Bellamy and Kuyt should of played from the start. As I regret saying this I have to say we didn't deserve to win the game at all. And I do not agree with this 'rotation' Rafa does every game.

He should let his players naturally gel together by spending as much time on the pitch as possible, not changes like Pennant on the bench. And we missed out on his gifted talent dramatically.

Nothing more I can say is I hope the boys pick themselfs up because we have got huge games coming up next. Including Chelsea.

One more thing, what the F**k was that Reina???????
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #16: Sep 09, 2006 09:40:21 pm
      It was a disappointing day for visiting Goodison that's for sure.

I'm stone cold sober when I was expecting to still be enjoyin the post-match celebrations.

The scoreline heavily flattered Everton.  Considering they have had a full week of preparation we were camped in their half for long periods of both halves.

Fair play - they took their chances well and put them away.  

Rafa picked the wrong two strikers.  I think he knows that.  I don't think Fowler will get much of a look in this season to be fair.  Or if he does then Crouch isn't a partner for him - he needs somebody quick to thread those passes to.

All in all - this defeat may be just the wake up call we need.

Out of interest two seasons ago we drew-won-lost our first three games.

We lifted the Champions League in Istanbul 62 games later that season.

Keep the faith

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Everton: Post Match discussion
      Reply #17: Sep 09, 2006 11:49:55 pm
      Quote from: "Rushie"
      To be honest. I can't quite believe we lost.

Neither can I.

Coming out of the game today you would of thought Everton had won the league.

Or qualified for the Champions League the way they were carrying on.

It really really is their cup final.

Pretty soon when the dust starts to settle, they will be looking longingly up the league at us. And if not - then we will just have to win the Champions League again.
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #18: Sep 10, 2006 12:04:22 am
      The big problem with todays game was Rafa played local lads who were n't neccessarily up to the task.

Robbie as much as it pains me to say this is a spent force in the franetic derby atmosphere and Jamie who should n't have been considered.

Danny Agger is  in great form should have continued in the team, my only hope is that this can serve as a learning curve to the boss and it won't happen again.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

;)  ;)  ;)
      dna
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #19: Sep 10, 2006 08:11:08 am
      Everyone shud be pissed. Why not?!!! With the kind of line up with Everton.. oh please Rafa. You gotta be joking putting 2 weak strikers up front. Yeah wz Crouch bn scoring lately who in the world will drop him 4 a striker rite? But partnering fowler? It's a joke. Just bcos it's a derby match, u must put Fowler in n thk it's important for Fowler to play?!!! Oh fxxk that crap shxt thingy fools!We r at war here. If rafa thk it's important 2 win games, I thk he's not saying it truthfully. Cos yesterday's line up Sucks BIG TIME! Let me spell 4 u B I G T I M E!Bellamy, Pennant n Kuyt shud play! Drop Reina too.. sorry no offence to him. He's good but it's the downside of him now to let Dudek to be given a chance!Fowler not  up to expectation still. I am a big fan of his but drop means u r  bench bro! Sit n watch how things to be done rightfully!
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #20: Sep 10, 2006 09:38:54 am
      Quote from: "SpeedyG07"
      we made signings because our team needed pace, we got 3 very quick players and 2 of them wernt selected in the squad and 1 was on the bench. we looked very slow. rafa should realise that at this moment against our biggest rivals we shuld play our best side and that the league is now more important for us than the Champs league.

exactly right mate.... against chelsea in the community shield we had all our fast players agianst them and we absolutly ran them off the park. speed is the key to english football and liverpools got speed, y not use it especially in big games like everton, chelsea, arsenal and man utd, well run amy of those teams off the park. then against teams like watford or reading we can rest som of our better players.

i rekon that liverpool should focus on the league this season not so much the champions league, weve won the champions league recently and is good enough for now. we havent won the league since 1989, which is pathetic for a club like liverpool. i thinks its time we win the premiership.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #21: Sep 10, 2006 04:25:53 pm
      dont thet mate, have fath and it will happen next year. the PREM IS COMEING TO ANFIELD.

Quick Reply