Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Best Method for General Sale?

Read 4568 times
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      Best Method for General Sale?
      Aug 23, 2008 09:30:53 pm
      I am desperate to get some tickets for the Stoke match in September to mark a friend special birthday. However is there any method which you feel has more success (certainly not phoning, cos that does damage to my bank account and also my patience). Would sending a letter be much more effective?

I don't live near Liverpool any more so I can't simply just go to Anfield and buy it in person.

If anyone has any advice it be much appreciated.

Thanks.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2008 09:46:14 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Re: Best Method for General Sale?
      Reply #1: Aug 23, 2008 09:50:33 pm
      My advice would be to find somebody who gets 2 tickets and can be 'convinced' that they don't need to go.

I doubt very much that the tickets will even reach general sale.

Sorry fella.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Aug 23, 2008 10:49:39 pm
      Might be best to just drive up to Liverpool, you wont regret it. :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Aug 24, 2008 09:14:24 am
      I am desperate to get some tickets for the Stoke match in September to mark a friend special birthday. However is there any method which you feel has more success (certainly not phoning, cos that does damage to my bank account and also my patience). Would sending a letter be much more effective?

I don't live near Liverpool any more so I can't simply just go to Anfield and buy it in person.

If anyone has any advice it be much appreciated.

Thanks.

As JD said, they wont probably reach General Sale, I've found the best method is on-line.  But you need a Fan Card to do this, have you got one ? 
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #4: Aug 24, 2008 06:00:04 pm
      As JD said, they wont probably reach General Sale, I've found the best method is on-line.  But you need a Fan Card to do this, have you got one ? 

No, I don't, would it be worth it to get one?  If I ordered one now  it probably would not arrive in time unfortunatel, athough  I've been toying with the idea  of obtaining it for a while now...

Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #5: Aug 24, 2008 06:06:55 pm
      Might be best to just drive up to Liverpool, you wont regret it. :D

:D  Don't worry mate I've made a few pilgrimages up to Liverpool bare footed!

Nah but seriously i am getting fed up of not going to  enough matches in recent times and particularly with the fact that Anfield won't be around for much longer I have made it  my mission to go there  as often as possible before it gets... knocked down. ( tears forming in the eyes).
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Aug 24, 2008 07:50:04 pm
      No, I don't, would it be worth it to get one?  If I ordered one now  it probably would not arrive in time unfortunatel, athough  I've been toying with the idea  of obtaining it for a while now...

Definitely without a doubt, you won't get anywhere without one, makes buy tickets a bit easier.  Not that its easy to get tickets, its still a nightmare, whether you phone, queue at the ground or get on the internet, at least you got a chance, but without one your fu**ed !!    ;)
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2008 08:09:24 pm
      Definitely without a doubt, you won't get anywhere without one, makes buy tickets a bit easier.  Not that its easy to get tickets, its still a nightmare, whether you phone, queue at the ground or get on the internet, at least you got a chance, but without one your fu**ed !!    ;)

Cheers mate, that's honest assesment! Yet Is it only worth if you go regularly to the home games or can it still be of use if you go a couple of times a year?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2008 06:55:11 pm
      I refer you to the subject entitled 'Failing the Above' in this post

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1810.0.html
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #9: Sep 05, 2008 10:27:55 pm
      Got my tickets, So I am over the moon. In the Kop as well... unbelievable. Thanks everyone for your help
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: Sep 05, 2008 10:52:44 pm
      Got my tickets, So I am over the moon. In the Kop as well... unbelievable. Thanks everyone for your help

Made up you got them Scouse pie, enjoy the game  ;)

Quick Reply