Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Reds confirm new lfc stadium delay

Read 5852 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reds confirm new lfc stadium delay
      Aug 29, 2008 10:04:27 am
      REDS CONFIRM NEW LFC STADIUM DELAY
      Liverpoolfc.tv 29 August 2008 http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N161087080829-0923.htm

Liverpool Football Club have today confirmed that the building of their new stadium will be subject to delay.
      A spokesman for the club said: "Our commitment to building a new world class LFC stadium is undiminished. Like many other major development projects in the UK and overseas we are affected by global market conditions and as such work on the project will be delayed in the short term. We will use this period productively and revisit the plans for the stadium to increase its capacity to 73,000 seats."

WTF ??? Yanks again didn't have the money to funds for our stadium. Yanks out=DIC in.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Reds confirm new lfc stadium delay
      Reply #1: Aug 29, 2008 10:13:40 am
      Another Link from BBC

This is no real suprise though is it, the delay was stairing us in the face as there have been no building work going on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7587609.stm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Aug 29, 2008 10:15:44 am
      Another link from sky sports. Why did the yanks bought us when they did not have the money ??? The answer is they want only to put money in their pocket.
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_4064144,00.html
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3: Aug 29, 2008 12:09:46 pm
      Why cant they scap the plans, F**k off and dont come back. Their loosing money so why not just sell!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Aug 29, 2008 03:21:59 pm
      Did anyone not expect it anyway?

:-\
      Redlight
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 29, 2008 03:42:26 pm
      What a load of bollocks "global market conditions" correct me if I'm wrong but surely prices for all the steel etc. would have been fixed with suppliers and with the building industry slowing down labour costs should reduce over the next few years as companies fight for less work......
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Aug 29, 2008 05:00:43 pm

I've been expecting news along these lines for a while now mate.

As for a new stadium, I'm very sceptical about us having one in the next five years unless there is change in ownership.

We need these tw*ts out as soon as possible.

slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 29, 2008 07:45:30 pm
      I might use because of "global market conditions" this month i can't afford to pay my bills, that should do it
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Aug 29, 2008 09:53:34 pm
      I might use because of "global market conditions" this month I can't afford to pay my bills, that should do it

Good shout  :D :D

Might try that one myself this month  :lmao:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #9: Aug 30, 2008 06:26:47 pm
      F***ing depressing news to come back to, but not surprised one bit. Everyone knew this was coming as these two can't get another loan from the bank - I have read that with the "global market conditions", these two would have to put 1/3 of the total cash of the product up front for the bank to loan the remaining amount.

The fact that they don't want to put their own money in tells us a lot doesn't it? They aren't willing to risk their own money to advance the club, but they are willing to jeopardise it's future by saddling the same debt on the club itself! Not to mention further crippling interest payments. And the fact that they won't invest any money in players means it will be harder to compete for trophies which bring in the cash in the first place!

I hope they abandon the idea of using a stadium to increase the market value of the club and just sell up the sooner the better. Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose the faith in that happening. Let's hope the value of the dollar drops further, maybe then their paper billions would lose a bit of value and they'd have to sell. Wouldn't they...?

Leeches!  :f_steam:
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Sep 11, 2008 12:42:44 pm
      Work on new Liverpool FC stadium delayed until late 2009

http://www.contractjournal.com/Articles/2008/09/10/61085/work-on-new-liverpool-fc-stadium-delayed-until-late-2009.html

By Grant Prior

Laing O'Rourke chiefs believe construction of Liverpool FC's planned new £350m stadium will not start until the end of 2009 at the earliest.

The football club confirmed a "short term" delay in the project last month.

But a source close to the project told CJ that work will not get under-way for more than a year.

The source said: "The earliest date the contractors are looking at starting is late next year if it happens at all.

"The bottom line is that the club has no money. Laing O'Rourke has been in discussions with them for the last two years where they have been constantly paring down the design because they can't come up with the funds."

Preparatory work on the site in Stanley Park started earlier this year and the stadium was originally due to be finished by August 2011.

That deadline has now shifted and club sources said Liverpool's owners are now "actively targeting the start of the 2012/13 season".

The American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett took control of the club 18 months ago.

On completing the deal the pair declared that work would start on a new 60,000 seater stadium within 60 days.

But the project has fallen victim to the credit crunch as the owners struggled to raise funds.

A club spokesman said that no new start date has been agreed, but denied it would be as late as the end of 2009.

News of further delays will spark outrage among supporters who are already calling for the club to be sold to new owners.

Laing O'Rourke is insisting that it has not fallen out with the club over delays.

A spokesperson said: "We continue to work closely with Liverpool Football Club in order to achieve their ambitions of constructing the new football stadium. We further wish to clarify that we have not considered legal action against Liverpool Football Club."
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A contractors view on things basically Hicks & Gillett dont have a pot to piss, this is a massive blow for Liverpools local labour force with the housing sector in free fall, perhaps they are waiting for the industry to recover so they can blame the lack of available labour for the next delay
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Sep 11, 2008 01:41:50 pm
      The whole situation is hopeless, personally I can't ever see us getting this new stadium until we get new owners, preferably some that have some money :f_steam:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #12: Sep 12, 2008 12:49:50 am
      another kick in the teeth, ah well, we're used it to with these two.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #13: Sep 12, 2008 05:04:52 pm
      The whole situation is hopeless, personally I can't ever see us getting this new stadium until we get new owners, preferably some that have some money :f_steam:

totally agree MsG.  the only way we have a chance of a new stadium is when these two cu*ts do one.  listening to what the contractor has to say, there is no way they can afford to build it.

what i dont understand is, what did they do with all the money they borrowed.  i might be way of the mark here, but i thought that was earmarked for the new stadium.  so if it looks like the stadium is not happening, where is the money?  ???
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 13, 2008 09:50:52 pm
      lets get the sheik in sharpish before its too late :'(
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2008 09:57:20 pm by el nino9 »

Quick Reply