Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

West Ham could be made to pay £30m compensation

Read 1153 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      West Ham could be made to pay £30m compensation
      Sep 23, 2008 07:09:53 pm
      I saw Neil Warnocks ugly mug on Sky before and wondered what they had dug him up for.

Hammers to take legal advice

West Ham are to take legal advice after a Football Association arbitration panel ruled in favour of Sheffield United over the Carlos Tevez affair.

It has been reported that the Championship club are demanding £30million compensation from the Upton Park side following their top-flight relegation in 2006/07.

Tevez played a crucial role in ensuring that the Hammers avoided the drop as he scored several vital goals, including the winner at Manchester United on the final day as the East London club avoided the drop at Sheffield United's expense.

But Argentina international Tevez and his compatriot Javier Mascherano had been brought to the club in a deal engineered by businessman Kia Joorabchian, and his company part-owned the striker.

That breached Premier League rules on third-party ownership, with the Hammers fined £5.5million, but escaping a points deduction.

Sheffield United continued their fight after relegation, with the FA having now ruled in their favour, with the amount of compensation still to be decided.

Source SSN
      Full Story

I wonder how they came up with that exact amount? also please dont let me see Warnocks smug face on sky again going on about how he would still be at Sheff utd in the Premier league if the scoring machine Tevez hadn't been at West Ham, yes they broke rules but if he really thinks his magnificent reign came to an end because of it he is sadly mistaken.
      N-I Red
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -3 
      Re: West Ham could be made to pay £30m compensation
      Reply #1: Sep 23, 2008 07:12:43 pm
      good point mate.

Warnock is a fool, i heard on sky sports earlier, that sheffield united only scored 6 goals away from home that year...no wonder they got relegated.

nothing to do with tevez... one player does not make a team
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1647 
      Reply #2: Sep 23, 2008 09:58:10 pm
      They lost 7 of their last 9 games I believe, might of had something to do with them having a sh*t manager! Hope West Ham only have to pay peanuts so Warnock can whinge some more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #3: Sep 24, 2008 12:44:01 pm
      It was all Rafa's fault!

Funny how Warnock doesn't go on too much about Sheff Utd failing to beat Wigan, or for that matter, the fact that Fergie never played a full strength side against West Ham.

Oh and West Ham didn't sell players in the summer to find the £30 million to pay Sheff Utd.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Sep 24, 2008 01:36:43 pm
      £30million is around what West Ham are going to receive for Tevez. Maybe that's why?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #5: Sep 24, 2008 05:50:01 pm
      Seems West Ham are now appealing against the decision and taking it to the Court of Arbritration for Sport in Geneva.

Quick Reply