Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

No more crying

Read 3876 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      No more crying
      Sep 24, 2008 11:36:29 pm
      If I hear anybody else cry about the difficulty getting tickets for Liverpool games then please post your address so I can come around to your house and punch you in the face.

28,000 were at Anfield against Crewe.  It was pay on the gate, and none of the whingers have any decent excuse as to why they didn't attend.
      MsGerrard
      Re: No more crying
      Reply #1: Sep 24, 2008 11:42:37 pm
      Point taken JD..........but I'll be moaning like hell if I can't get through in the morning to get tickets for the PSV game  ;)
      N-I Red
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -3 
      Reply #2: Sep 24, 2008 11:49:09 pm
      hard for me til get tickets j d, live in northern irealand, my da not into football, and i no money and no one to take me over. :(

only been to one game againts spurs, was nil nil
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3: Sep 24, 2008 11:52:28 pm
      Point taken JD..........but I'll be moaning like hell if I can't get through in the morning to get tickets for the PSV game  ;)

Good luck with that!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #4: Sep 24, 2008 11:54:07 pm
      hard for me til get tickets j d, live in northern irealand, my da not into football, and i no money and no one to take me over. :(

only been to one game againts spurs, was nil nil

well with that record don't bother coming back :lmao: (for those of you without a sense of humour this is what people would call a joke...something not to be taken literally)

Must admit though I agree with JD, people whinging about not getting tickets is tough titty. There's millions upon millions who can't get tickets for numerous reasons but they don't bellow from the roof tops every other week. Just get on with it or actually get in the ticket line first.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #5: Sep 24, 2008 11:57:19 pm
      My point was that I get numerous enquiries through the site about people trying to arrange tickets for games.

The fact is, if they are that desperate to attend their first Liverpool game, then the likes of Tuesday were a perfect opportunity for them.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Sep 24, 2008 11:58:53 pm
      In all honesty, there should have been more at that game last night. Not just to get behind the reds no matter who people think will play but because it was so damn easy to get a ticket!!!

Maybe the red support isn't as strong as we think it is?

Still think there should be a level playing field when tickets go on sale though. No window sale on the few that are left tomorrow is a bit unfair.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #7: Sep 25, 2008 12:01:06 am
      Imagine how empty it would have been if we had a 70,000 seater.

Arsenal were charging £10 a ticket.

And they scored six.

Liverpool got it woefully wrong for that game.  They could have halved the price of tickets for that game and filled the ground.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Sep 25, 2008 12:37:30 am
      If I lived in Liverpool, I'd have been there like a shot.

Yes, ticket prices should have been lower, but with the Yanks in charge they are going to squeeze every last penny out of the fans. No favours from them that's 'for sure'

Do you ever feel like you've been screwed  ???
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #9: Sep 25, 2008 12:44:18 am
      If I lived in Liverpool, I'd have been there like a shot.

Same ere lad..
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2008 12:47:46 am
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Sep 25, 2008 12:48:55 am

:o lad !!! with boobs like these........I don't think so  ;)
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #12: Sep 25, 2008 01:07:26 am

I feel stupid now.. *slaps own face*

Sorry luv "yawns".. Bit tired, my apologies...

I think i'm gonna drink a protien shake and get me arse to bed before i embarrass myself some more.. haha
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Sep 25, 2008 01:11:00 am
      I feel stupid now.. *slaps own face*

Sorry luv "yawns".. Bit tired, my apologies...

I think I'm gonna drink a protien shake and get me arse to bed before I embarrass myself some more.. haha

Hey Chico...........Don't worry about it ...........I'm only teasing you  ;)

It is late, I'm off to bed myself, night x
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Sep 25, 2008 01:22:07 am

Swiftly back on topic!!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15: Sep 25, 2008 02:32:58 am
      ;D JD!

Fair point lad 28,000 was an embarrasment the Old Toilet and the Emirates pulled over 50,000. This was a great opportunity for those around Liverpool who have never been to see the Reds play live.

JD can you hook me up with some tickets for the PSV game??? ;D ;D
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #16: Sep 25, 2008 08:23:26 am
      Let me start by saying I was at the match.  I go to all the home games.

I am lucky as I don't have to think how much the ticket costs but not everyone in in that position.

They have to pick and choose which games they can attend.  Some of the lads at work can't afford to go to all the matches and their response when asked if they were going to attend the Crewe game was I'm not paying £28 to watch the reserves.  It's too simple to say if you didn't attend the Crewe game then you can't complain how ridiculously hard it is to get a ticket for a league/champions league game.

I have a PTS card and a track record for champion's league games so it not too difficult for me (that is if you don't consider standing outside Anfield from 5.30 in the morning difficult) to get a ticket.

Try it if you just have a fan card or are want to start watching the Reds in Europe.  You have little or no chance of getting a ticket.  How bloody annoying must it be to to find the only game open to you is to watch the reserves in the League Cup. 

I have every sympathy for the ordinary supporter who hasn't got a limitless budget or been lucky enough to inherit a season ticket.

The 'no more crying' argument is, for me, far too simplistic.
      Brgdgeman
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #17: Sep 25, 2008 09:11:23 am
       ya all good and fine JD but why pay big bucks 2 go 2 watch the reserves play!!!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #18: Sep 25, 2008 10:06:35 am
      ya all good and fine JD but why pay big bucks 2 go 2 watch the reserves play!!!!

I understand a fans financial situation will dictate what games they will or wont attend as £30 odd quid a go is ridiculous by any stretch of the imagination, having said that I know many a fan (myself included) who would literally spend their last few quid to attend any Liverpool game and not just ones that may be more competitive than another.

When I was a lad I would keep my dinner money and pocket money to make sure I had the means to get in the Kop, I even walked to and from the Pier Head in order to save paying for the bus ride on the 17c. It didn't matter if it was Tranmere or Tottenham you just had to be there.
      As an adult and in the early years of marriage I always had my season ticket and followed the reds home and away even though in those days we struggled to pay the mortgage and had more than one loan off the Provident man.

I realise the reds fans in this era come from all over the country and in fact the world so it is not just about finding your gate money its also the cost of travelling a lot further than the 17c from the Pier Head but surely the modern reds fans aren't deciding what game to attend by who the opposition is? please tell my its purely down to finances.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #19: Sep 25, 2008 01:24:54 pm
      I understand fully JD'S point but the fact that the club couldnt be arsed to drop the ticket prices to a reasonable price for a league cup tie against a side from league one isnt much help to schoolkids or to a father with 3 or 4 kids hed like to bring to the game. The club needs to have a look at itself in its bid to get more local support back into Anfield whats it offering? In fact are they even trying to get more locals back to the ground or is it only certain arses they want on seats?
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #20: Sep 25, 2008 01:35:00 pm
      Well, i dont want to sound like a super fan. But i spent in excess of £80-£100 getting to this game. There was an accident on the M6 near Birmingham i think and we were late, we finally got in the ground a minute before the half time whistle.

Im gutted i missed Aggers sweet free kick, but i still made it to the game, and even though we knew we were only going to catch the second half we kept going and for that im happy with my commitment to the Reds. Petrol and the over priced ticket made it a bit gutting to just see 45 minutes, but i'd give my right arm to see the reds week in, week out so im happy that i can say i attended the game!
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #21: Sep 25, 2008 01:38:32 pm
      The thing that pisses me right off with the ticketing at the club, is that nothing ever gets reset. If you want to go to a Champions League game it goes to those that attended 4,3,2 then 1 games last season. I think the ticketing system should be reset every year, true it would be absolute pandomonium getting a ticket due to out massive fanbase, but at least you stand more chance than people who are going year in, year out because they have past games (FROM LAST YEAR!) on their fan card.

It's not always possible to attend games due to work commitments and financial problems etc, but i do truly think that they should find a better way of doing the ticket scheme!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #22: Sep 25, 2008 05:47:02 pm
      Being honest T-unit it was like that last year, this was the first time they've asked for Euro home games from the previous season. I know cos I was shocked when I saw the queue for Marseille Home and that was only at 11.30am.

The thing is though the fancard was brought in to reward loyalty. But that has made it more like a closed shop.

this system is still a lot more fairer than the old "number on your season ticket ending in....." system. 
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #23: Sep 25, 2008 06:15:29 pm
      I went but in all honesty i can see why people never.

£24 to basically see the reserves , i couldnt afford it on top of the £39 they wanted for PSV and had to lend it off me ma . my mates couldnt so they never went. the club dosent give a sh*t about the fans anymore. the local fans anyway. Official Match Breaks ??....yet more real fans deprived of tickets if you ask me.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24: Sep 25, 2008 06:16:30 pm
      hard for me til get tickets j d, live in northern irealand, my da not into football, and I no money and no one to take me over. :(

:D thats the exact same for me
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Sep 25, 2008 10:33:04 pm

I agree with you too mate and i didnt know it was pay on the door or i would of been there. Pretty hard to get their when this information isnt given to some people until after the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #26: Sep 26, 2008 01:32:07 am
      Wouldn't of been hard to just click on the official website or the tickets thread - the fact it was not listed as sold out might of been a clue.

Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #27: Sep 26, 2008 09:58:21 am
      Thing is other clubs are doing deals that are fantastic, where I live Ipswich were the nearest club with a big-ish team (Wigan)ay so my mates (who are ipswich supporters anyway) went to see them. Under 18's paid £10 under 16's paid £1 and over 18's paid £15. Those prices are fantastic, now I know that Liverpool might not be able to offer that price but the fact of the matter is, offering those tickets at that price would mean a bigger attendance anyway. Either way, i didnt go to the Ipswich game because they suck, if they get drawn against Liverpool in the FA Cup ill go haha.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Sep 26, 2008 10:35:46 am
      As I've said previously, I've never really had to strive to get a ticket. If I couldn't get one officially, I'd blag one off a mate. It's usually finances and work with me, (working 5pm til 8:30) so when I change job, dare say it I'll be at every game I can afford.

I understand people who want to see their first Liverpool match not coming mid-week. Travelling down on a week night would prove dificult, especially if you have work the next day or kids. But Liverpool should really have dropped the ticket prices for this one. The lower the price, the more likely the ground is to fill up and more revenue in the long run when it comes down to sales at the kiosks, bookies and match programmes, etc.

Quick Reply