Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Games in October

Read 1312 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Games in October
      Sep 24, 2008 01:15:29 pm
      Our next 5 games look tricky enough on paper. The derby on Saturday followed by an October list of Man city away Wigan home Chelsea away and Portsmouth at home.

Id want 13 from 15 points available to feel this team is genuine about challenging but funnily enough its the home games I can see us dropping silly points in again! Am I asking too much in expecting at least 13 points from these games or am I spot on in saying these are the teams we need to beat to show we are up for a title challenge?

It was this stage last year a couple of silly points were dropped and I dont want to see a repeat of that   
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Points in October
      Reply #1: Sep 24, 2008 01:18:06 pm
      I feel the Big Four has turned into the Big Five with Man City thrashing Pompey on Saturday. These guys mean business, but I'm confident we can take 'em. Chelsea ... away. Well ManUre couldn't do it - but we did beat them. 2-1 to us, it's about time their record was broken.
      CFT
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Re: Games in October
      Reply #2: Sep 25, 2008 10:28:16 am
      The bubble will burst at City soon. Yeah, they're difficult games but we're Liverpool, we're not worse than most teams in the league.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #3: Sep 25, 2008 11:45:53 am
      For me, the most important match to win is obviously the one against Chelsea. If we can beat our closest rivals like we did to Utd, then we can afford to have the odd draw like we did against Stoke.

It's when we draw or lose against the other top clubs that we have to have a near perfect record against the "smaller" sides. A win over Chelsea would give us a small amount of breathing room, though obviously a decent number of points out of the other matches as well if we want to keep in touch.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #4: Sep 25, 2008 11:56:31 am
      lets just keep to one game at a time.it is a big time in our season i agree especially so early on.as for city i don't fear them at all,Pompey defended like a sunday league team and David James showed what he is capable of now and again!!!the week before Chelsea put 3 in against them at city.but one game at a time!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2008 12:50:46 am
      If we want to believe we can win the prem this season, these are all, must win games. Can't afford to lose more than two games now to be real title contenders.  :scarf: C.O.Y.M.REDS.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2008 01:21:59 am
      I feel the Big Four has turned into the Big Five with Man City thrashing Pompey on Saturday. These guys mean business, but I'm confident we can take 'em. Chelsea ... away. Well ManUre couldn't do it - but we did beat them. 2-1 to us, it's about time their record was broken.

I agree with you that City will need to be beaten by the big four and will get stronger and stronger as the season matures.  It nice to play them early as I feel they will get a fair share of points from the big four especially in the second half of the season.  It would be nice to put the Chelsea home record to bed too.

We have to turn up for the big games as Ayrton has pointed out it gives us breathing space!

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Sep 26, 2008 08:56:10 am
      We have got to treat every game as a Final and go for maximum points,we do not want any more slip ups as we had with Stoke.This has to apply in every month not just October.We have got the squad and its up to the lads to get the results for us.winning is infectious for the players and the supporters.JUST DO IT THE MIGHTY REDS.

Quick Reply