Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Referees

Read 2707 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Referees
      Sep 27, 2008 12:27:36 am
      So, we've got Michael Riley vs Neverton tomorrow as you all know, but who wouldn't you want officiating us against the bitters, and why?

I'd say no to Steve Bennett, as he's always biased against the 'Pool.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,162 posts | 3388 
      Re: Referees
      Reply #1: Sep 27, 2008 12:44:38 am
      Mike Riley - too card happy for a Merseyside derby.

Steve Bennett - just a sh*te ref.

Uriah Rennie - too sh*t.

Alan Wiley - hasn't got a clue.

Stuart Atwell - might give a goal when it's a goal kick.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Sep 27, 2008 01:09:53 am
      There is only one person I want to be ref for our games and that is this dude

Yes, you Pierluigi Collina

Mike Riley, did'nt the last derby he ref in produce the most amount of cards seen in the merseyside derby, in a game that saw Gerrard get sent off?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Sep 27, 2008 01:10:41 am
      Yep, he's card-happy Mike. Quick-draw.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4: Sep 27, 2008 11:01:50 am
      Im just glad it wasnt rob styles, but riley aint much better
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Sep 28, 2008 09:21:52 pm
      Some of the refs in the league are a joke. Riley and Styles have GOT to go.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #6: Sep 28, 2008 11:06:44 pm
      Yeah well even in the Man United v Bolton game at Old Trafford there was a ridiculous decision, I was watching the game in the pub over here (US) and straight off I could see it was a fair tackle but he gave a penalty....

I would like to echo the sentiments of the scouser I watched the game with (he had arrived earlier for the derby but I arrived for the United game at 7am), he said that they have got to use the technology that is available these days, every match is on TV so why can't we have a similar system to the one they use in the NFL?...

There they have a maximum of three challenges per half, what's wrong with that? It wouldn't slow the game down too much, don't challenge unless you're bloody sure so that would cut out the frivolous appeals and we'd get the right decisions and everyone's happy... ;D...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Sep 28, 2008 11:29:58 pm
      Yeah well even in the Man United v Bolton game at Old Trafford there was a ridiculous decision, I was watching the game in the pub over here (US) and straight off I could see it was a fair tackle but he gave a penalty....

I would like to echo the sentiments of the scouser I watched the game with (he had arrived earlier for the derby but I arrived for the United game at 7am), he said that they have got to use the technology that is available these days, every match is on TV so why can't we have a similar system to the one they use in the NFL?...

There they have a maximum of three challenges per half, what's wrong with that? It wouldn't slow the game down too much, don't challenge unless you're bloody sure so that would cut out the frivolous appeals and we'd get the right decisions and everyone's happy... ;D...

For some reason some fans like the controversy that comes with football. I, on the otherhand, backed by many here, don't like it.

I think something should be done about the Referees and the 'RESPECT' campaign should be ditched, because you have to earn respect - and if anyone can name me one Ref who is earning respect with players and fans alike, I will eat my hat. On the other hand, I feel that technology isn't the answer here. Not yet, anyway.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Sep 29, 2008 02:54:51 am
      I've said it before and I'll say it again. Who would want to be a referee these days?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,162 posts | 3388 
      Reply #9: Sep 30, 2008 12:37:59 am
      Anyone remember Paul Allcock...not only did he have a wind up merchant's dream name but he'll always be remembered for that incident with Di Canio where he got pushed over against Arsenal. That was legend.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Sep 30, 2008 01:09:16 am
      I've said it before and I'll say it again. Who would want to be a referee these days?

Me. Pick me! Pick me!

Quick Reply