Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Anybody have a promising football career or played professionally?

Read 4764 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Anybody have a promising football career or played professionally?
      Reply #23: Sep 29, 2008 08:19:58 pm
      I had trials for Bootle when I was 16 and had a couple of training sessions at The Academy when I was a kid!

Nothing else though! I've never really shone so I've stuck to watching footy rather than playing! :D
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #24: Sep 29, 2008 08:34:46 pm
      When I was 10 I was scouted by Hibernian, a team in Edinburgh for anyone who did'nt know.
      Played their for a year before Rangers snapped me up. Played well their aswell for a year also then signed for West Ham. Played their for a year before signing for Liverpool but a broken leg has forced me into early retirement. :( Back to school for me.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Sep 30, 2008 02:48:30 am
      Feck me dead thats rough lad a broken leg at Liverpool too. I think if I had the chance at Liverpool and that happened I would have been suicidal.

Croucinho lad was that Parramatte Melita Eagles you played for? The old super youth league and youth football in Australia is a corrupt bowl of sh*t. I hope this A-league U/20's comp improves thing but I reckon that will go haywire pretty quickly.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Sep 30, 2008 11:08:02 am
      I had a mate who was promising for Liverpool. Eventually it was stressed to him not to play for his school due to his commitments to the Reds.

He kept this up until the school team got to a final. Foolishly, he ended up playing as his mates all egged him on.

He ended up breaking his leg in this match. Liverpool terminated his contract.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #27: Sep 30, 2008 01:33:17 pm
      I was a footballer in a football academy since 8 years old but I broke my leg last year so I had to end my career.I was a CM.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Sep 30, 2008 06:35:58 pm
      I was a footballer in a football academy since 8 years old but I broke my leg last year so I had to end my career.I was a CM.

Who's academy?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Sep 30, 2008 07:44:49 pm
      Croucinho lad was that Parramatte Melita Eagles you played for? The old super youth league and youth football in Australia is a corrupt bowl of sh*t. I hope this A-league U/20's comp improves thing but I reckon that will go haywire pretty quickly.

Was pretty sh*te there mate. I was young and i knew they were all dickheads but when they got me in contact with Germany i knew they werent fooling. Dortmund and Schalke were approached and they agreed after seeing a few vids of me. Was never going to Brazil, after i watched Bica v River Plate i was scared even though its in Argentina! I didnt know any different though.

A-League will never be as big as they want let alone the U/20's comp.

Quick Reply