Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

Post match discussion: Chelsea game

Read 4543 times
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #23: Sep 17, 2006 10:13:36 pm
      it was good arsenal won coz now if we beat newcastle mid week then well only be 6 points off portsmouth which is not as bad as it couldev been. A good win over newcastle will be a good booster, and im still ver confident well do vey good this season
      benno
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      cHELSEA game
      Reply #24: Sep 17, 2006 11:46:28 pm
      I agree totally with pragmatic,with just a bit of luck we would have won the game.By the way this is my first post,i`ve supported the boys since the famous transfer of Dave Hickson,so now you can guess my age!. I think that the squad has improved no doubt and that with so many new players it will take a bit of time to get them rolling,but i waited nearly six years for Bill to get it right(or nearly)
      so i think that next year will be our best challenge,knowing Benitez`s history with Valencia.They looked good today and it can only get better,all the best.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #25: Sep 18, 2006 12:54:58 am
      Welcome to the site mate,

Exactly right - just like Shanks laid the foundations for an empire so is the new boss.

Benitez has the final say, all of the players including Stevie G who came out with some 'comments' today must learn to respect that.

THe buck stops with the manager and he makes the decisions.
      tonyg99
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #26: Sep 18, 2006 10:22:44 am
      So far in all of our games we created enough chances to score 2-3 goals each game but we havn't been putting them away! Gerrard normally would never miss that half volley in the second half. Kuyt should have netted one, but he has an excuse since he is new to the team and is still getting used to the gameplay.

At least our defence was solid against Chelsea because it was very shaky at the start of the season.

If we can maintain our defence and improve the quality of our finishing we will finish close to the top 5. But there is still alot of work to be done.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Sep 18, 2006 05:13:03 pm
      I don't know the answer. What does it take to score a goal?
      I sat endlessly cheering the Reds on wondering if we would ever score. Then Gerrard ran through, clear chance on goal. Cech saved, I stood right up and screamed at the TV. Although I shouldn't have, Steve has been our most influentual player and most consistant goalscorer. It was a frustrating match for many of us, but we need to get our shooting boots on and put the shots we need into the back of the net. Don't forget, you can't win a game - if you don't score.
      YNWA

COME ON YOU RED MEN!!
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #28: Sep 18, 2006 06:11:35 pm
      Steve g cost me 1,500. i put a bet on chelsea to be winnin in the first half and it will be a draw at the end of the game. and arsnal to beat man.u 1.0. if steve g scored that goal wen he was 1 on 1 i wid be laughin now. but i wud swap that money for a win yesterday no questions asked.

Quick Reply