Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Everton v Liverpool match thread

Read 22854 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Everton v Liverpool match thread
      Reply #207: Sep 27, 2008 03:40:18 pm
      Well done lads! You've done us all proud with a great performance. I thought Kuyt was immense throughout the game as he didnt put a foot wrong
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #208: Sep 27, 2008 03:46:55 pm
      Absolutely brilliant performance today played the bitters off the park in every area of the field, Skrtel was a rock at the back and just bullied Yakubu out of the game from the first whistle getting better every week, Stevie and Xabi ran the midfield all day and played some lovely football and Torres is back to his brilliant best with Keane playing a part in both goals all in all a perfect day
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #209: Sep 27, 2008 03:49:43 pm
      Twatted the bitters good and proper.

In complete control from start to finish.

Well proud, this team is giong places... we are looking a very strong unit.

Skrtel, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Stevie and Torres were immense today... with Kuyt my personal MoM.

Dossena still concerns me... no composure on the ball, but it will come (I hope!)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #210: Sep 27, 2008 04:04:38 pm
      Take that you bluenose cu*ts...two F***ing nil. Well done lads. Great performance today.

Number 19 coming home.

Nail on the head! ;)

Take that you bitter bas**rds! :D Two beauties by Torres, he's not going to stop scoring now - change of haircut did the trick! ;D Great determination by Keane to create the first one, you could see their defenders didn't think he'd keep it in. Shame for his hat-trick, what a finish that was from the tight angle! Amazing!

Great stuff from Gerrard, very creative, perhaps still missing a little bit of fitness, but he was close to his best today. All our boys were good today, the midfield was ours lock, stock and barrel for the majority of the match, even without Masch, who should be well rested for next week.

The only negative I could see was the right of mlidfield, as too often Kuyt and Arbeloa exchanged short passes until they let themselves get closed down. The left was better, Riera was excellent by moments, though faded. Hope his progression continues!

Brilliant, just brilliant result!

Gerrrrrrrrrrriinnnnnn!!!

;D
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #211: Sep 27, 2008 04:42:41 pm
      I would have liked to see Keane on for the full 90. He played well today.
      Excellent performance from Torres, and in fact everyone. Shame about the ref, though. He made some awful decisions.

I don't think I heard the Evertonians sing or chant at all in that game. The L'pool crowd dominated the evertonians, and the L'pool team dominated the Evertonians, equally. Great win!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #212: Sep 27, 2008 05:01:18 pm
      Ok im going to say right now there will be a sending off in this match riley loves to show off his flashy cards on the big stage

O ar! i was right :D glad i was aswell :P

Seems we can preform on the big occasions and get the win im very impressed
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #213: Sep 27, 2008 05:02:35 pm
      I would have liked to see Keane on for the full 90. He played well today.
      Excellent performance from Torres, and in fact everyone. Shame about the ref, though. He made some awful decisions.

I don't think I heard the Evertonians sing or chant at all in that game. The L'pool crowd dominated the evertonians, and the L'pool team dominated the Evertonians, equally. Great win!

I almost forgot it was Goodison when I watched on the television today, looking at how our fans were making the noise. But a pitch made of blue poo brought me back to reality.

Great performance from the lads! Some superb passing seen today, particularly Xabi's delightful long balls.     
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #214: Sep 27, 2008 05:08:26 pm
      Special shout out to Xabi today, this is exactly the reason i wanted him to stay
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #215: Sep 27, 2008 06:07:44 pm
      Don't mean to offend you DonRafa but do you know what Dirk Kuyt looks like? You must be getting him confused with some other player mate. How he can be your MoM is beyond my imagination. Sorry I know that's your opinion, but all I ever saw him do (especially when he got the ball) was take a heavy first touch and pass the ball to the wrong player.

I have nothing against Dirk Kuyt, he loves Liverpool through and through but it's quite obvious that on the ball he's not a very good player. Torres was the MoM by a country mile, simply because he won us the game with two superb finishes!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #216: Sep 27, 2008 06:10:46 pm
      There is no way I'm missing this match! No way on earth will I miss this one.
      I predict, a sending off and a few goals to be scored.

Hopefullyl we'll score the goals and they'll have the players sent off ;)

I just hope Keane can break his duck for us

Apart from Keane not breaking his duck, I think I was quite accurate don't you? ;)
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #217: Sep 27, 2008 06:29:17 pm
      Excellent win Cahills red was icing on the cake get in.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #218: Sep 27, 2008 06:33:05 pm
      see them baiting gerrard at the corner....very bitter fans, they threw a bottle at him too....

made up we absolutly B A T T E R E D  them......they do seem a second or third class team now and if they carry on like that they will be near the trap door

over the moon
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #219: Sep 27, 2008 06:39:36 pm
      And we were missing our best player......Masch  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #220: Sep 27, 2008 06:59:06 pm
      We'll be coming! We'll be coming!! We'll be coming down the road!! WHEN YOU HEAR THE NOISE OF THE BILL SHANKLY BOYS, WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!

You should see some of the faces on the bitters around here. Priceless!  :lmao:

Well played reds! First half was only really a downer because of the final ball. But we soon sorted that out.

A very deserved three points.

I'm off to drink more ale!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #221: Sep 27, 2008 07:19:20 pm
      Well I couldn't have wished for a better birthday present ;D  Great to see Torres score a double and silence them bitter bas**rds.

A great win, played them off the park and the Torres/Keane partnership taking another step towards becoming formidable...what more could we wish for.  Just need Keane to start scoring now ;)

Anyway here's to our best ever start in the Premiership :ernaehrung004: :scarf:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #222: Sep 27, 2008 08:21:13 pm
      A very professional performance from the lads and are showing signs of getting into form.  What better to really time that for Chelsea.  On top of the league, come on lets do the money men next week.  A legitimate hatrick by Torres, anyway el nino has his scoring boots back on, now just waiting for Keane to get amongst the goals.  One sixth of the campaign and we're top, lets just keep it up.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #223: Sep 27, 2008 09:21:29 pm
      Don't mean to offend you DonRafa but do you know what Dirk Kuyt looks like? You must be getting him confused with some other player mate. How he can be your MoM is beyond my imagination. Sorry I know that's your opinion, but all I ever saw him do (especially when he got the ball) was take a heavy first touch and pass the ball to the wrong player.

I have nothing against Dirk Kuyt, he loves Liverpool through and through but it's quite obvious that on the ball he's not a very good player. Torres was the MoM by a country mile, simply because he won us the game with two superb finishes!

You should have gone to Specsavers mate... Kuyt had an awesome game.

Skrtel close 2nd to MoM and Torres 3rd (because he had a frankly -bad- first half).

Do I know what Kuyt looks like? fecking cheek. ;0)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #224: Sep 27, 2008 10:35:13 pm
      You should have gone to Specsavers mate... Kuyt had an awesome game.

Skrtel close 2nd to MoM and Torres 3rd (because he had a frankly -bad- first half).

Do I know what Kuyt looks like? fecking cheek. ;0)

I didn't go to Specsavers, I went to D&A and my eye results were very very good. Way better than average :)
      In my opinion Skrtel wasn't all that great, he could have gave away a penalty and he goes barging players over in the box when the ball is about 10 meters away in the other direction. I would still chose Agger over Skrtel, but Kuyt? What exactly did he do? Especially on the ball !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #225: Sep 27, 2008 10:43:28 pm
      Anyone notice that when Cahill fouled Alonso, he walked away holding his bollocks :lmao:
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #226: Sep 27, 2008 11:41:41 pm
      Class game today you can tell we upped our game for the opposition and I don't think any player let us down today.  Very solid performance and one in which we should see a lot more of during the rest of the season.  Torres is back between the goals and working well with Kuyt and Keane, things can only get better!

Well done Liverpool ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #227: Sep 28, 2008 02:24:06 am

In my opinion Skrtel wasn't all that great

Having a laugh there, Skrtel was our best defender today, immense throughout, won everything and bullied Yakubu right out of the game.

Kuyt should go on the pitch with a spade, he works that hard. Torres lethal as ever.

Big fat  ;D yesterday without doubt!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #228: Sep 28, 2008 04:01:39 am
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2008 04:08:03 am by king kenny »
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #229: Sep 28, 2008 04:09:07 am

Having a laugh there, Skrtel was our best defender today, immense throughout, won everything and bullied Yakubu right out of the game.

Kuyt should go on the pitch with a spade, he works that hard. Torres lethal as ever.

Big fat  ;D yesterday without doubt!
      Bang on my friend
      Kuyt was awesome, the boys work rate is spectacular and insperational.
      Skrtel was also spectacular, but I do agree with other that he could of easily conceded a pen with his more than agricultural treatment of the diving b***ard Yakubu!
      but a wins a win and we did it in a convincing fashion today
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2008 05:30:39 am by neilh2105 »

Quick Reply