Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you Start on the Right wing

Dirk Kuyt
      (16.9%)
      Ryan Babel
      (55.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (1.7%)
      Jermaine Pennant
      (15.3%)
      New Signing in January
      (10.2%)

Kuyt or Babel on the right?

Read 5631 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Re: Kuyt or Babel on the right?
      Reply #46: Oct 03, 2008 01:19:52 am
      I don't think he's a bad player Crouchy, just don't think he has a left foot which isn't a bad thing in all honesty. David Beckham is rated the best crosser of a ball in world football by many and he can't kick with his left foot.

If you look at the Birmingham game last season, you'll see Pennant drifting in yes but all on his right. That's all good providing he can always get back on his right, drifting in so often it's more difficult to do it than just staying out wide.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Oct 03, 2008 01:31:36 am
      I don't think he's a bad player Crouchy, just don't think he has a left foot which isn't a bad thing in all honesty. David Beckham is rated the best crosser of a ball in world football by many and he can't kick with his left foot.

If you look at the Birmingham game last season, you'll see Pennant drifting in yes but all on his right. That's all good providing he can always get back on his right, drifting in so often it's more difficult to do it than just staying out wide.

I remember this clearly, he switched play 3 or 4 times with his left cutting in and using his swinger as well as one ball which was just cleared that he provided with his left. I dont expect him to have a left peg capable of scoring but its not that bad when it comes to passing it about. Just doesnt do it and its holding him back because all good wingers have that aspect to their game.

Yeah didnt think you thought of him that way. I think if JP cleaned his act up abit he could be in with a shout of cementing a spot in the side. Too bad he cant be arsed because he has talent and shows it when he's called upon, abit of work on and off the pitch and he would silence alot of critics.
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #48: Oct 03, 2008 03:21:30 am
      Pennant is still our best RM at hugging the touchline and getting the ball in the box.

Quick Reply