Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Who's not all about the money?

Read 6498 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Re: Who's not all about the money?
      Reply #23: Oct 04, 2008 02:48:10 am
      Except he is no longer good enough to get in our first team. Would have Kuyt any day of the week to Pennant

I am sure you will change your mind after a few Milan like performances!
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #24: Oct 04, 2008 03:03:36 am
      I'm in the 0.1% who actually rates JP and likes him. He can be a tosser off the field but thats his life. I back him on these boards because some fail to realise that he isnt a bad player, they just judge him from his off field antics and dont bother about him when he plays for us, no matter how little that may be.

He is our only natural right winger in the club and IMO the best option for the right based on attirbutes. He can beat his man, he's quick, a pin point cross and if he cuts in then he is lethal.

Double standards are being enforced on him and while our current side is working without him, I still deem it unfair on this basis. He has the on field potential while Dirk is just a nice guy but he gets the nod week in, week out. He can perform when you give him the time and tell him he can do it. Best player on the field in Athens for us, doesnt put a foot wrong when he plays but because he gets up to antics, in his own personal life which only he has control over, he is kicked to the gutter.

Sure he turned down Stoke probably, and this is all heresay mind you, a money driven decision which he is quite entitled to he is copping flack from everyone even when he isnt in anyones hair at all.

I agree completely with you, I think he isnt bad at all.  I know If I was told I could play at a lame club for less money I would LAUGH AT IT... not because I'm money grubbing, only because Ambition!  if nothing else, he gets to train with the best players in the world!!!! 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #25: Oct 04, 2008 12:19:35 pm
      I am sure you will change your mind after a few Milan like performances!

Is that when he will be playing for Stoke or Blackburn.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #26: Oct 04, 2008 03:30:47 pm
      Is that when he will be playing for Stoke or Blackburn.

Jesus christ, did Pennant hump your wife or something?

I've rarely heard any red being so negative and sarcastic about a Liverpool player.

He is not getting many games, but when he is on he has done well. Latest example was against crewe, assisted Lucas' goal and voted 2nd in man of the match on the official site. Against Fulham and Birmingham last season he was the star man, playing a big part in securing the 4th spot with two games left. As far as I remember he assisted 3 of our 4 goals in those games.

For several years our problem has been, that we didnt have strength in depth. Now, with players as Pennant on the bench, playing in Carling Cup matches and FA cup matches, we have the strength to compete on all fronts. Do you have a problem with that? Having good players on the bench will always cost more than having bad players on the bench.

Except he is no longer good enough to get in our first team. Would have Kuyt any day of the week to Pennant

First Pennant has never been regular in our first team. Second, its fine if you want Kuyt over Pennant, but its not to hard to figure out that we need cover for Kuyt then? Thats Pennants role right now, and he seems fine with it. Good cover for your prefered players is essential to challenge for the title. Btw. by that logic, Agger is no longer good enough to get in our first team, Babel is not good enough, Masch is often not good enough, Yossi, Hyppia etc. Wanna get rid of them too?

And also, now you choose Kuyt ahead of Pennant. I agree that Kuyt has played well so far this season. But dont forget, that he has had very different levels of succes over the last three years with us. Especially last year, culminated in horrible displays. But anyway, Rafa always showed confidence in him, and kept playing him, week in week out. It's a little easier to perform under those circumstances, rather than being dropped more often than not, even though you have played fantastic, and assisted several goals. Rafa shows no confidence in Pennant, and still, he goes on the pitch and gives his best and plays well, assists goals.

Lets face it and I will say it again, Pennant should not even be at our club.

I've seen him out and about round Allerton and Lark Lane and to be honest, I just think he's an overpaid pr**k!

Give me humble guys like Torres and Carra every time

When I was a child I also believed that the good guys would always win in the end. But thats not reality, and not the reality of football. Sometimes you find nice and humble guys, who are also world class players, but they are rare. If you start rating niceness over abilities on the pitch, you are damn sure we are never going to win the title!

Whatever personal problem you have with Pennant, its getting tiresome to hear about it, as long as you dont support your thoughts with arguments. Im not here to tell you what to do, but i suggest that you either start backing your opinions up with facts and arguments, or you keep your personal hate for Pennant to yourself.

Thanks.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #27: Oct 04, 2008 05:24:40 pm
      First Pennant has never been regular in our first team.

Sorry but Pennant has plenty of chances to establish himself, he made more appearances than any other player in the Season 2006-07 52 in total
      2007-08 he made 24 appearances as well as having a stress fracture of his right tibia.

I am on the fence about Pennant not bothered if he stays or goes, on current form I cant see Kuyt being displaced but 12 months ago it would of been a different story, would like to see if El Zhar can make the step up, maybe Pennant will get a few starts to prove himself this side of Christmas.

Was this thread not more to do with attitude than ability
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #28: Oct 04, 2008 05:39:59 pm
      A top post.. I just had to highlight the most noticable points made..

Jesus christ, did Pennant hump your wife or something?

I've rarely heard any red being so negative and sarcastic about a Liverpool player.

He is not getting many games, but when he is on he has done well. Latest example was against crewe, assisted Lucas' goal and voted 2nd in man of the match on the official site. Against Fulham and Birmingham last season he was the star man, playing a big part in securing the 4th spot with two games left. As far as I remember he assisted 3 of our 4 goals in those games.

For several years our problem has been, that we didnt have strength in depth. Now, with players as Pennant on the bench, playing in Carling Cup matches and FA cup matches, we have the strength to compete on all fronts. Do you have a problem with that? Having good players on the bench will always cost more than having bad players on the bench.

First Pennant has never been regular in our first team. Second, its fine if you want Kuyt over Pennant, but its not to hard to figure out that we need cover for Kuyt then? Thats Pennants role right now, and he seems fine with it. Good cover for your prefered players is essential to challenge for the title. Btw. by that logic, Agger is no longer good enough to get in our first team, Babel is not good enough, Masch is often not good enough, Yossi, Hyppia etc. Wanna get rid of them too?

And also, now you choose Kuyt ahead of Pennant. I agree that Kuyt has played well so far this season. But dont forget, that he has had very different levels of succes over the last three years with us. Especially last year, culminated in horrible displays. But anyway, Rafa always showed confidence in him, and kept playing him, week in week out. It's a little easier to perform under those circumstances, rather than being dropped more often than not, even though you have played fantastic, and assisted several goals. Rafa shows no confidence in Pennant, and still, he goes on the pitch and gives his best and plays well, assists goals.

When I was a child I also believed that the good guys would always win in the end. But thats not reality, and not the reality of football. Sometimes you find nice and humble guys, who are also world class players, but they are rare. If you start rating niceness over abilities on the pitch, you are damn sure we are never going to win the title!

Whatever personal problem you have with Pennant, its getting tiresome to hear about it, as long as you dont support your thoughts with arguments. Im not here to tell you what to do, but I suggest that you either start backing your opinions up with facts and arguments, or you keep your personal hate for Pennant to yourself.

Thanks.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #29: Oct 06, 2008 03:36:50 pm
      To The Max

You are going well off-topic and way over the top. Calm down and know your role!

Is Pennant all about the money? Maybe he is, seeing that he doesn't moan about not playing, seeing that he would rather sit on our bench or in our stands than rather play week in week out for another Premiership team. Maybe he is seeing that his best mate is Ashley Cole, a player who wanted to leave Arsenal because they wouldn't increase his 60k a week pay to 90k a week so he joined cheque book team Chelsea for that money. Maybe Pennant is just like him, maybe he just wants the money, not the football.

Why did Pennant even have to resolve to that comment "I'm rich" obviously only money sprung to his mind, because life is not all about money and possesion's, it's about happiness but with Pennant that doesn't seem that case. Banged up in a cell before, playing with electronic tag on his ankle.. why is he even here?

Sorry I know that's harsh, but when Rafa bought Bellamy I knew it wasn't going to be right and maybe Pennant has behaved himself more than he use to but still, he's still probably got that same attitude. Even Jamie Carragher want's Pennant out!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Oct 06, 2008 04:18:23 pm
      Carragher - definitely ain't for the money. He plays with his heart.

Gerrard - is every Red's favourite lad, he almost went to Chelsea or Madrid, but he has ambitions with the club he loves, and with the squad better than what gerrard has ever played with, there's a good chance of bringing sliverware back to Anfield

Torres - wanted to join Liverpool instead of Chelsea, one of the reasons was because we have a Spanish manager, and a squad has many Spanish lads, he probably feels home here than at Chelsea.
      ( some of my friends are saying Torres MIGHT join Manchester City, but i kept saying he won't)

Sometimes, you need to buy players who are supporters cause they will go out and play with their hearts in order to bring success to the club and as Liverpool fans, we have to have faith and respect those who play for this team.

I really don't recall any players talking about wages in this club. As far as i'm concerned, i think Pennant supplies good crosses and reasonable speed and when he plays, he plays well for us.

Example of money minded? Lucas Neill, who wanted to join West Ham and play relegation battle than lower wages at Liverpool to play Champions League football.

- sorry, may have gone out of topic
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #31: Oct 06, 2008 05:41:39 pm
      To The Max

You are going well off-topic and way over the top. Calm down and know your role!

Is Pennant all about the money? Maybe he is, seeing that he doesn't moan about not playing, seeing that he would rather sit on our bench or in our stands than rather play week in week out for another Premiership team. Maybe he is seeing that his best mate is Ashley Cole, a player who wanted to leave Arsenal because they wouldn't increase his 60k a week pay to 90k a week so he joined cheque book team Chelsea for that money. Maybe Pennant is just like him, maybe he just wants the money, not the football.

Why did Pennant even have to resolve to that comment "I'm rich" obviously only money sprung to his mind, because life is not all about money and possesion's, it's about happiness but with Pennant that doesn't seem that case. Banged up in a cell before, playing with electronic tag on his ankle.. why is he even here?

Sorry I know that's harsh, but when Rafa bought Bellamy I knew it wasn't going to be right and maybe Pennant has behaved himself more than he use to but still, he's still probably got that same attitude. Even Jamie Carragher want's Pennant out!
      Maybe your wrong,what do you know about the situation.All you did there was attack Pennant without any facts whatsoever.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #32: Oct 06, 2008 06:20:05 pm
      It's a football forum - what have facts got to do with it!
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #33: Oct 06, 2008 07:05:06 pm
      True.

I`m not the greatest fan of Pennant but he gets a hard time on forums through no fault of his own.He`s done very well in his last 5 games(Given the circumstances) and w`ill be a worthy replacement when Kuyt needs resting.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #34: Oct 06, 2008 08:11:54 pm
      To The Max

What kind of bullshite comment is that??? Know your role?? I think you yourself may need to calm down lad...

Is Pennant all about the money? Maybe he is, seeing that he doesn't moan about not playing, seeing that he would rather sit on our bench or in our stands than rather play week in week out for another Premiership team.

Well that makes total sense..! (obvious sarcasm)
      How can wanting to stay at the best club in the world and fighting for his place without moaning be an example of being all about the money???

Maybe he is seeing that his best mate is Ashley Cole, a player who wanted to leave Arsenal because they wouldn't increase his 60k a week pay to 90k a week so he joined cheque book team Chelsea for that money. Maybe Pennant is just like him, maybe he just wants the money, not the football.

Err.. Ok.. Lets judge him on how his friend was supposed to have behaved..
      Thats your problem, Its like you make up your mind from the fabricated information that trickles out from newspapers. None of your reasons for disliking him have any substance. You just sound very judgemental .. A slight case of "I cant stop bitching-itus" perhaps?   
      As I mentioned before, If a bitter said to me what he said to Pennant I would have said the same "I'm rich bi*ch"!..
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #35: Oct 06, 2008 08:16:15 pm
      How F***ing dare anyone out there make fun of Jermaine, after all he's been through? He's a human! All you do is write a bunch of crap about him. All you people want is more, more, more, more, MORE!! Leave him alone!!! Youre lucky he even performed for you bas**rds!! LEAVE JERMAINE ALONE!!! Please. Leave Jermaine Pennant alone right NOW! I mean it! Anyone who has a problem with him, you deal with me. Because he's not well right now. (sob) Leave him alone..
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: Oct 06, 2008 08:19:08 pm
      I wasn't aware this was a thread for picking fights or arguing. We're all supporters of Liverpool here, and we may all have differences of opinion, but there is absolutely no need for this.

As I've said before, Pennant made a comment that people don't want to hear - but get over it. He plays for Liverpool, we support him. End of.

Can we please just stop picking everyone's posts apart?!
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #37: Oct 06, 2008 08:21:15 pm
      How F***ing dare anyone out there make fun of Jermaine, after all he's been through? He's a human! All you do is write a bunch of crap about him. All you people want is more, more, more, more, MORE!! Leave him alone!!! Youre lucky he even performed for you bas**rds!! LEAVE JERMAINE ALONE!!! Please. Leave Jermaine Pennant alone right NOW! I mean it! Anyone who has a problem with him, you deal with me. Because he's not well right now. (sob) Leave him alone..
      HA,very Good,Reminds me of..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #38: Oct 06, 2008 08:23:55 pm

Watt, when people say anything about him, they fail to realise what he's already done for this club. He's a reliable player and I'm sure he's a good person - obviously he got annoyed at these Bitter fans, which is well within his own rights.

Nevermind.
      « Last Edit: Oct 06, 2008 08:31:02 pm by Reslivo »
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #39: Oct 06, 2008 08:26:22 pm
      Watt, when people say anything about him, they fail to realise what he's already done for this club. He's a reliable player and I'm sure he's a good person - obviously he got annoyed at these Bitter fans, which is well within his own rights.

Don't pay any attention to what people say about him if it upsets you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but some people are just a lot more blunt than others. No names.

Could some Mod help sort this thread out? (I.e. above post)  :mad:
      Would be better to nuke the thread.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #40: Oct 06, 2008 08:36:50 pm
      Dont cry Watt youll be starting us all off ;)

JP is obviously a bit like marmite you either love him or hate him
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #41: Oct 06, 2008 08:48:22 pm

Nevermind.
      So it wasn`t my post you wanted sorted????
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #42: Oct 06, 2008 09:47:35 pm
      Sorry Reslivo, but there are certain replies here I need to ask questions about.
      To The Max

Im sorry, but I didnt know I had a role? Who gave me that role? I havent been informed about it? This is really interessting, please feel free to elaborate on that Ra Ra Rafa.
      Btw. I didnt go off topic, I replied to posts that were already off topic. Way over the top? I simply suggested to a fellow user that he should back his comments up with arguments and facts. I even thought I was polite...

Even Jamie Carragher want's Pennant out!
      Any source?

Besides that, I think Chico said what was to be said about the rest of your post.
      It's a football forum - what have facts got to do with it!
      So a football forum is a place where you dont use facts to support your opinions? And you are not supposed to come up with arguments?

Ok, then I give it a try: Pennant has played every game this season, scored a lot of goals and been man of the match each time, so he is good enough for the first team. Also, he plays for free, so he is absolutely not about money. End of.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #43: Oct 06, 2008 09:50:11 pm
      Right I've got the semtex, who's got the chargers
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #44: Oct 06, 2008 09:52:38 pm
      How many do you need.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #45: Oct 06, 2008 09:56:21 pm
      Right I've got the semtex, who's got the chargers

I'd just Like to remind everybody that terrorism is NOT tolerated in this particular forum...  ;)

Quick Reply