Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Chelsea v Liverpool - Pre Match

Read 14056 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool - Pre Match
      Reply #207: Oct 25, 2008 06:55:25 pm
      Promo picture for the match by one of the Satellite networks!

"DO LIVERPOOL HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO DESTROY CHELSEA'S RECORD?"

I say! "Yes we do!!"

Skrtel looks like he's done this before!!!

People keep saying they wouldn't mind a draw??? I just want us to go for the win. If we go for it and come out with a draw I'll be content. If we go looking for a draw we might come home with nothing.

What have we got to lose by going for it? The press don't respect us anyway so we're not exactly going to lose respect. We have no great record against them in recent years so we won't lose a record like they will. If we go there looking for a draw we will be pleasantly surprised by a draw. If we go all or nothing after them we can get a great result.

Chelsea have never been put under any great pressure this season. We are going to stop that. They won't have the heart to fight back when it counts! The only time they have been tested was by 2-point-Spurs and Man Utd. Both games ended in a draw. Let's face it we're stronger and better than Spurs and Utd. So why can't we get a result? A win at Stamford Bridge will be a huge step towards no. 19.

Rant over!!! :)

prediction 2-1 Liverpool. (Gerrard & Reira) (Lampard)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #208: Oct 25, 2008 07:36:28 pm
      Scolari: "Liverpool clash is too close to call".

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has admitted that his side’s weekend Premier League clash with Liverpool is going to be extremely competitive.

Both sides have made strong starts to the season and sit at the top of the table going into Sunday’s contest at Stamford Bridge, where Chelsea will look to extend a four-and-a-half-year unbeaten home league record.

And Scolari is full of respect for his opponents and their manager, Rafael Benitez, who he will be facing for the first time.

"These two clubs have the same spirit. They fight until the last minute to win,” he said to Setanta Sports.

"They've won more games in the last minute than us. They have a very good team and it'll be a fantastic game on Sunday. We'll try to win for sure,” added Scolari.

"They are dangerous because they have a good team with good players. They are very organised. They haven't lost a game this season when, sometimes, they were losing in the last five or ten minutes, they still managed to change those results.

"That's the best thing about Liverpool for me. They changed the results because they played as a team. That's what I want from my team. The respect is mutual.”

"I've never played against Rafael Benitez before, but I watched many games in England when I was with Portugal,” he said.

"I think this is Benitez' best team - competitive, quality, players in good positions and with the idea not to lose going into the last few minutes.

"Steven Gerrard is as important for them as Lampard is for us. Both are very important."

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=929956

I think he's a good guy, despite having knocked England out of major tournaments three times in a row ::)

I'm half-expecting a draw now that all of these injuries are in the light, but they've got to go without Joe and Ashley Cole, Ballack, Essien & Drogba.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #209: Oct 25, 2008 08:02:38 pm
      I have liked him from the start. He always shows respect. Makes a difference from Mourinho. He is a good manager. It will be tough and I agree that it is too close to call. I don't think we have the same spirit. We are grafters and fighters while they just float along. The closer this game gets the more excited i get!!!! Fair play to you Scolari but I still hope we leave you disappointed tomorrow!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #210: Oct 25, 2008 08:05:59 pm
      Agree, but i still did like Jose :P just was a likeable guy IMO

But i can sence a victory tomorow, feels right so it does
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #211: Oct 25, 2008 08:13:22 pm
      Rafael Benítez vs Luiz Felipe Scolari. Who will win the battle of the tactics, and more importantly, the Bridge?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #212: Oct 25, 2008 08:14:33 pm
      Rafael Benítez vs Luiz Felipe Scolari. Who will win the battle of the tactics, and more importantly, the Bridge?

Rafa :)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #213: Oct 25, 2008 08:22:16 pm
      Agree, but i still did like Jose :P just was a likeable guy IMO

But i can sence a victory tomorow, feels right so it does

Most of the time he was funny but he could really annoy you sometimes just to get into the oress. See "Mourinho brands Torres a diver"

The weekend has gone good so far (football wise not weather wise). United and the Toffees drew. Hull won and Ronaldo got broken in half with a tackle!! :) Let's keep the good form going eh? ;)
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #214: Oct 25, 2008 08:48:30 pm
      Feel fairly confident going into this game. Cant wait for it. It will be really tight. If we play a first half like we played against Wigan we are screwed. We end up 1:0 winners. Kuyt with a few minutes to go.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #215: Oct 25, 2008 08:49:48 pm
      Okay, I simulated this match with my truth machine (PS3 & FIFA 09), and it's 3-0 to us with ... 61% possession. Torres scored twice & Keane once.

But we all know that Kuyt will be taking Nando's place tomorrow! ;D

Kuyt 6'
      Keane 31'
      Kuyt 56'
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #216: Oct 25, 2008 09:42:28 pm
      Skrtel looks like he's done this before!!!

People keep saying they wouldn't mind a draw??? I just want us to go for the win. If we go for it and come out with a draw I'll be content. If we go looking for a draw we might come home with nothing.

What have we got to lose by going for it? The press don't respect us anyway so we're not exactly going to lose respect. We have no great record against them in recent years so we won't lose a record like they will. If we go there looking for a draw we will be pleasantly surprised by a draw. If we go all or nothing after them we can get a great result.

Chelsea have never been put under any great pressure this season. We are going to stop that. They won't have the heart to fight back when it counts! The only time they have been tested was by 2-point-Spurs and Man Utd. Both games ended in a draw. Let's face it we're stronger and better than Spurs and Utd. So why can't we get a result? A win at Stamford Bridge will be a huge step towards no. 19.

Rant over!!! :)

prediction 2-1 Liverpool. (Gerrard & Reira) (Lampard)

I feel you. We HAVE to go ALL OUT
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #217: Oct 25, 2008 09:58:25 pm
      any news on Keane?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #218: Oct 25, 2008 10:22:49 pm
      Whose the b***ard in black (or whatever bright illumionous colour they've been assigned) for the match?
      RedWilly

• 9,203 posts | 1645 
      Reply #219: Oct 25, 2008 10:31:45 pm
      Whose the b***ard in black (or whatever bright illumionous colour they've been assigned) for the match?
      Howard Webb I think, will check later.
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #220: Oct 25, 2008 11:08:49 pm
      i think we have a great chance of winning bt its gonna be tough lads. but believe boys i think honestly 1-1
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #221: Oct 25, 2008 11:24:08 pm
      very irrelevant but i just love seeing how many scousers contribute to this website! brilliant fanbase and YNWA lads F***ing brilliant support :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #222: Oct 26, 2008 02:59:03 am
      Come on you mighty reds!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #223: Oct 26, 2008 03:01:51 am
      Webb isn't too bad. One of the best at the moment. Should be a fairly fluid and uninterrupted game.
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #224: Oct 26, 2008 07:51:24 am
      I found this little gem on a Chelsea forum which I thought might be good to share...
      "I'm a bit worried we're without some of our best players... Deco, Carvalho, Drogba, Riise"...
      Well Chelsea fans can't be all bad then- least they have a bit of a sense of humor!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #225: Oct 26, 2008 09:29:25 am
      I found this little gem on a Chelsea forum which I thought might be good to share...
      "I'm a bit worried we're without some of our best players... Deco, Carvalho, Drogba, Riise"...
      Well Chelsea fans can't be all bad then- least they have a bit of a sense of humor!

About time someone brought it up. Apparently not having a great start to Italian life. For a country that pride's itself on their defence, they buy John Arne Riise. Makes no sense.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #226: Oct 26, 2008 11:19:47 am
      It's going to be a difficult one, there's no doubt about that. I don't care if they have a couple of players missing, because, for one thing, they have a tremendous depth to their squad so we won't see much difference in quality, and, secondly, we have injuries too.

What we need to see is a high level of concentration from all our players, and a better ability to retain possession than was displayed in the second half versus Atletico Madrid. Admittedly we had made lots of changes during the second period, but as I've repeated this year, too much frustration and too many long balls is simply footballing suicide. I have trouble seeing us get through 90 minutes against Chelsea unscathed if we're hoofing it forward.

What is clear from the pre-match build up is the belief in the camp that we can win, without over-confidence or arrogance. We need to transfer that onto the pitch, by taking the game to them the way we do best, chasing down their players, harrying them, and defending high to give them no space or time. I do think it will be a scrappy one, but all I want is three points, not pointless praise in the press about how pretty we play.

Only about two hours until kick-off!! Can't wait for this match, the biggest one of the season so far, and our chance to put daylight between us and the other sides. Let's hope we grab the opportunity with both hands and rise to the occassion!

Come on Liverpool!!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #227: Oct 26, 2008 11:25:31 am
      Now i'm bloody confused. When is kick off? I've seen some say in about 5 minutes, some in an hour and 5 and now 2 hours.

Our daylight saving is driving me crazy.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #228: Oct 26, 2008 11:26:50 am
      1.30pm UK time, Crouchinho. ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #229: Oct 26, 2008 11:34:00 am

:D that's what is causing the confusion! I usually just calculate it in my head. Usually the 3pm kick off means midnight here, 1 am during daylight savings. Now if my head is working, it should be now? I just checked some world clocks and they're saying its 1330pm now in UK! Its too late for all this confusion.

Quick Reply