Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

For those reds going to Madrid

Read 14043 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      For those reds going to Madrid
      Oct 07, 2008 01:35:53 pm
      Got this off RAWK.  I know Bolton had some problems over there in Madrid last year and this is from a Marseille fan describing their experiences over at Atletico last month.

How ya, hope u're well,Just been back from Madrid so I thought I'd better warn u about what youmight expect yourselves when u go there.U might have seen the pictures of that b***ard guardia civil charging us on the telly, but it's not the half of what really went on. -

getting into the stadium took ages...and there were only 1400 of us! theyare very badly organised and their stewards very aggressive. They nearlystarted the beating then, pushing people queuing on one side then on theother. Even looking at them is seen as provocation, and we felt right away they were ready to go

...you know marseille supporters, lot of men and women of all ages like myself and my godmother, and you could see that theydidn't give a F**k if a 60 something woman was to take a few strokes.- then they searched us and pushed us away when they were done likebleeding animals.-once inside we started our usual singing and everything was going finetill they asked the Ultras to remove one of their banner because theydidn't approve of the Jolly Roger on it...

the thing is that we could seethe same skull and crossbones drawn on one of their supporters'banderole.Of course the Ultras refused and then the guardia civil just went in without any warning and started bashing people to get to it and remove it.The truth is that they were only waiting for an excuse.- Reaction of the Spanish supporters when they see that??

.. they startclapping.- A few minutes later second charging of the police... for what??? I do notknow. Our security chief comes up in the stand to try and calm everybodydown... he finds himself on the ground at the bottom of the stairs and theonly reason he didn't get hit is because one of our steward went betweenhim and the coppers and took the blow for him. And that's an officialrepresentative of Marseille football club, with his badge on!!!

the same man who had been to meetings with  the spanish authorities a couple of days before.Our president had to come up for things to settle.- During the game, monkeys cries towards our black players, fascist salutes, permanent abuses from the spanish coach towards our players on thefield

.. just unreal.At the end of the game a sickening "zieg heil" could be heard rising from apart of the spanish stand.- But it wasn't over yet! when we get out of the grounds there were many madrid supporters a few yards from our buses. we are made to understandthat we should get back into our buses pretty quickly by the police.

.. but it wasn't quick enough, the robocops start charging us again, the last ones to get into the coaches feel the truncheon on their backs.They even went inside one of the coaches, the Dodgers, a real familyorientated supporters club, and their representative, a 73 years old womangets hit!!! All that to tell you the rumour has it the spaniards are very nervous about you lot coming over and they needed a bit of practice before welcoming you. In the city though (where we were all day) nobody had any problems, nobodycaused any problems

... that's why the attitude of the guardia civil is unbelievable. We really hadn't a clue what we were in for before arrivingnear the grounds. Franco may be dead but his sons are still alive andkicking (litterally!!!) And of course we lost against them bas**rds! Well done for your victory,you're practically through and I'm delighted for you.Enjoy your trip to madrid, the whole of marseille will be right behind youwhen you play them. I hope your Gerrard and your Torres give them a good lesson in football. Pity we couldn't do it. Bye bye from Marseille. good luck. Carole S
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: For those reds going to Madrid
      Reply #1: Oct 07, 2008 01:58:51 pm
      Ah what a shame. Looks like there will be trouble!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Oct 07, 2008 02:12:31 pm
      Blimey, that doesn't sound good does it.......JD and Aussie Red and anyone else who is going, you need to take care and be extra vigilant.

It's great fun going abroad to watch your team, but you can do without this worry, in saying that, you might be perfectly alright, just need to watch your backs :o
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Oct 07, 2008 02:14:33 pm
      If anyone's going to be extra vigilant, it'll be the lovely "Police" over there. After all, the English are always the ones that cause the havoc & sh*t in Spain, right? ::)
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #4: Oct 07, 2008 02:32:19 pm
      I thought that is how foreign police behaved the world over?
      Especially when policing football
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Oct 07, 2008 05:03:33 pm
      Disgusting. I cant believe it, how that rubbish is allowed at a game where the boards say 'Say no to racism' is beyond me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8683 
      Reply #6: Oct 07, 2008 06:27:54 pm
      Have a great time supporting the reds, treat the locals like you would like to be treated yourself, don't be a knob and come home safe with 3 points.

Torres is a hero in Spain, and they will see their son once again, though he will be playing against them this time.

But i don't believe for one minute, there will be anything minor nevermind major, but you can never say never. You must always have you wits about you.

It's not the Ultra's you have to be worried about, it'll be the police force.

Hope everyone who goes will enjoy themselves like the usual aways, the Torres bounce will probably be the best ever over there and for that I'm green with envy.

Forza Reds you jammy bas**rds !!!
      Dan Winning
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 07, 2008 06:29:30 pm
      That's pretty bad... that the police should be able to get away with that is ridiculous. You'd never get that from our police.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Oct 07, 2008 06:33:53 pm
      That's pretty bad... that the police should be able to get away with that is ridiculous. You'd never get that from our police.

You sure ??......

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9: Oct 07, 2008 06:35:40 pm

In all fairness Smiggs, that is Manchester ::)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: Oct 07, 2008 06:37:13 pm
      In all fairness Smiggs, that is Manchester ::)

I know, that's why I posted it  ;)    Pity they couldn't find any Mancs to tonk while they were at it  ;) :D :D
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #11: Oct 07, 2008 06:51:27 pm
      I know, that's why I posted it  ;)    Pity they couldn't find any Mancs to tonk while they were at it  ;) :D :D

I was in Manchester when that was on (not after the game with all the violence though) and in fairness to the police a lot of their fans were acting like utter muppets.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 07, 2008 07:10:30 pm
      Absolutely shocking that sort of behaviour in this day and age, saw the vid on another thread and it was sickening.

Good luck to everyone going over for the game hopefully it was an isolated incident and a good time is had by all ending with us comin home with the 3 points.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #13: Oct 07, 2008 07:19:21 pm
      The fact that we took their best player off of their hands, and to say they were pissed off about it would be an understatement, might make things worse. Hopefully not!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #14: Oct 07, 2008 07:23:05 pm
      That was the UEFA cup final between Zenit and Rangers and from what i've seen and heard the police had no choice their. The Gers weren't too happy after loosin the final and well you know what happened next.

Have a great time supporting the reds, treat the locals like you would like to be treated yourself, don't be a knob and come home safe with 3 points.

Good advice Huyton. They'll look for any excuse to start something.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

J.F.T. 96
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #15: Oct 07, 2008 08:18:05 pm
      The fact that we took their best player off of their hands, and to say they were pissed off about it would be an understatement, might make things worse. Hopefully not!
      We sold them Luis Garcia,they might think we`re good guys given our Spanish contigent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #16: Oct 07, 2008 09:13:22 pm
      We sold them Luis Garcia,they might think we`re good guys given our Spanish contigent.

I don't think it's the fans we should be concerned about.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #17: Oct 07, 2008 10:07:26 pm
      Whenever any English teams play abroad there is always trouble from the police more than fans, a lot of you will remember Athens and all it took was a ticket fiasco, be weary of the police factor because given the chance all police forces like nothing more than a training night with their batons (including ours) so lets hope it's about football and nothing else......
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,903 posts | 6828 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Oct 08, 2008 06:09:45 am
      FFS that's not what I wanted to see 4 days out before I head over, but we better all be careful whilst we're over there...thanks for your concern MsG and everyone else.

The only saving grace for me sort of  ???, is that I purchased my ticket through the Madrid event tickets site. That means that I'll most likely be sitting right in the middle of Atheltico supporters  ???

I don't know who I should be more worried about...their supporters or the Police  :-\
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Oct 08, 2008 08:19:44 am
      FFS that's not what I wanted to see 4 days out before I head over, but we better all be careful whilst we're over there...thanks for your concern MsG and everyone else.

The only saving grace for me sort of  ???, is that I purchased my ticket through the Madrid event tickets site. That means that I'll most likely be sitting right in the middle of Atheltico supporters  ???

You'll have to watch the Liverpool Fans don't get you then  ;)

Might be best to wear neutral colours, in fact you will probably be able to get a half A.Madrid/half Liverpool scarf over there.

No seriously Aussie Red, just be careful, and have your wits about you, just don't leap up and down when Stevie scores the third from a magnificent free kick.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #20: Oct 08, 2008 11:21:21 am
      So just before I get tw**ed with a rubber cosh, I should simply shout out little Louis name and the nasty police man will desist? :laugh: >:D :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,903 posts | 6828 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Oct 08, 2008 11:17:15 pm
      You'll have to watch the Liverpool Fans don't get you then  ;)

Might be best to wear neutral colours, in fact you will probably be able to get a half A.Madrid/half Liverpool scarf over there.

No seriously Aussie Red, just be careful, and have your wits about you, just don't leap up and down when Stevie scores the third from a magnificent free kick.

:lmao:  Now worries MsG I'll stay calm but I won't be able to control myself once Fernando scores his hattrick.... ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #22: Oct 08, 2008 11:19:46 pm
      You'll be alright AussieRed.

'Call that a knife? This is a knife...' ;)

Quick Reply