Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Oliver Holt is a muppet - biased against Liverpool players

Read 1896 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Oliver Holt is a muppet - biased against Liverpool players
      Oct 12, 2008 12:08:43 am
      The mirror chief sports writer always favours the mancs and anybody but liverpool....as his commentary tonight on itv the england game demonstrated

he demonstrated this tonight by saying lumphard should be paired with barry and be englands core for the whole world cup campaign

personally i dont mind gerrard not playing for england ...less injuries for us...but he loves playing for his country and it may do him some good to play at that level on a regular basis

now if he thinks that to be true and leave out probably the best midfielder in the world then he is a nutter....

typical of another anti-liverpool paper, i dont think there is any papers in favour of the reds
      « Last Edit: Oct 12, 2008 07:46:54 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,664 posts | 6960 
      Re: Oliver Holt is a muppet - biased against Liverpool players
      Reply #1: Oct 12, 2008 07:47:09 pm
      But didn't England score 5 after Barry went off?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #2: Oct 12, 2008 09:32:52 pm

personally i dont mind gerrard not playing for england ...less injuries for us...but he loves playing for his country and it may do him some good to play at that level on a regular basis

i dont think playing at 'that level' is going to improve him any, not that he can improve much more anyway.

to me the premier league and the champions league is a far superior level to intertnational football.  thats just the way it is these days.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3: Oct 13, 2008 02:18:35 pm
      I don't really see the problem in believing such a thing, they produced a great result in Croatia and I would agree with run with it until results don't go your way. Besides less Gerrard for England means a fresher Gerrard for Liverpool :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Oct 13, 2008 04:22:26 pm
      Sometimes, i get the feeling he doesn't like Lamps haha

There was an article about Lamps saying Gerrard and him should be blamed for England not qualifying for Euro 2008

that's crap, why is he bringing Gerrard into it ;D. Lampard can't compare himself to our Stevie G cause Stevie is at another level.

The reason why many people are biased against Liverpool players?
      It's because Liverpool are the most successful club in England and people say those are the past, and we have to live in the present. Present, yes but that doesn't change the fact that LFC are still the most successful team.

Even referees are getting to us in matches. Everyone just want Man United to be the most successful team.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Oct 15, 2008 06:54:05 pm
      Sometimes, I get the feeling he doesn't like Lamps haha

:D

Quick Reply