Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Go on Stevie - do a Carra

Read 3606 times
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Re: Go on Stevie - do a Carra
      Reply #23: Oct 13, 2008 11:01:37 pm
      As a liverpool fan for many of years, i would choose liverpool over England any day. England at the mo are boring to watch, i stop ed watching international football ages ago wen Sven was in charge and it hasn't really picked up at all. the only team i watch is Spain, they play the liverpool way, good attacking football. Ime English and proud to be but the national team at the mo is rubbish, how the hell is Terry still captain? and Rio gets the arm band for last Saturday? don't make me laugh, the guys a prat. carragher got it spot on wen he retired from international football, and i hope Steve g does the same. it wud benefit us and him big time. England need to go back to basics, get a English manager and drop the druggie Rio and past it beckham etc and get real. i would choose Liverpool over England any day!!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Oct 14, 2008 01:17:01 am
      If Stevie sits on the bench and England don't beat Belarus, everyone would be saying ,'Why didn't you play Stevie?' haha.

I would also choose Liverpool over England as a fan but as a player( Like Stevie), I'm not very sure. Everyone loves to represent their country. I used to be an England fan till Euro 2004. After that i started supporting Spain. As i am from a country which football sucks big time! So it's okay to switch countries :D (I'm not from England or Spain or even any European country)

Obviously Stevie is better. He's probably the best midfielder England have. Capello should probably bring the Owen-Gerrard partnership back :P
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #25: Oct 14, 2008 02:21:28 am
      Gerrard doesn`t need this sh*te.capello moved him out to the wing to accomdate Lumptard and Barry and Stevie didn`t do well in a 5-1 win.Why do the english always look for a whipping boy???
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #26: Oct 14, 2008 05:41:42 am
      I don't understand why people are getting mad at Capello for not (potentially) playing Gerrard, problem was when the first two games came around he was hurt which resulted in Gerrard losing his place and he will have to wait for a injury or do something off the bench to convince Capello to start him (His performance Saturday didn't help him).

It is all about the best team out there and it looks Lampard/Barry from the evidence of the Croatia game is the best combo and the one to run with. Gerrard is a better player but it is all about best XI. I am sure Gerrard will get more than enough chances to prove him-self to be first name on the team sheet.

I wouldn't be too disappointed because it does keep him fresher for the Wigan game on the weekend.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #27: Oct 14, 2008 05:40:37 pm
      Adammac.  You are correct.

Capello has not had the greatest of starts, ok the points are in the bag, but the football we have played is dismal.  The only thing he has to hold onto is the Croatia game, because that pleased the fans.  So I think his hand has been forced to use the same formula again, which means Gerrard is sacrificed.  It would impress me more if he chose Gerrard and Lumplard, as this would show that he believes he can make it work. But I don't think this will be the case.

This may or may not work and lets face we didn't play brilliantly until they were down to 10 men. 

So to all those people, who believe the southern papers influence the England team should get there head out of the a****s.  I am southern but do not believe this to be the case. 

Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 15, 2008 01:40:40 am
      if Stevie g scores the winner in the world cup final he would go down in history and the fickle fans would love him. and the likes of chelski etc would want to sign him again. its just swings and roundabouts to be honest. and the media (the scum) are 2 blame for the criticizing of Stevie g. its pathetic in my opinion.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #29: Oct 15, 2008 03:18:43 am
      I am sorry but for years I have observed and listened to English fans and have to say that they are arrogant, ignorant and fickle. Why is there any doubt at all whether or not Gerrard is good enough for this England squad who I remind you missed out on the Euro, have not gone to the semi's of a major tournament in years and took 50 odd minutes to break down mighty Kazaksthan?

IMO it is a disgrace that Gerrard is even being put through this bullshit he is hitting top form, hes club is at the top of the PL and the CL and all of the sudden he has to be content with a place on the bench.

Stevie mate just do a Carra not one Liverpool fan will hold it against you!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Oct 15, 2008 04:24:06 am
      I would love him to retire from international football but i know he won't, he's too passionate about the cause and if Capello doesn't see that then he can F**k off.

Ideally, Gerrard retires and England fail. Then the blame is put back on Capello, the fans and some corners of the media.

What i dont understand is that why there must be a support striker or just 2 up front. If you have Gerrard and Lampard then you have to accomodate for them somehow, isn't that the rule with club football too? You name your best players/spine and accomodate so for England its Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney. I dont give a toss about England or internationals in general but it would make sense to just try this formation out while Capello can bank on the 'finding the best formation' excuse early:

James

Right back       Terry          Ferdinand         A.Cole

Barry

Winger                                                 Winger       

Gerrard            Lampard           

Rooney     

I dont know who plays on the wings or right back for England but i'd imagine Walcott, SWP, J.Cole, Downing all in the fray for the wings.

Just try it, atleast it shows you've tried and if it fails then the argument can be put to rest that they cannot be put in the same side (Stevie and Fatarse).                         
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #31: Oct 15, 2008 05:15:38 am
      Give Gerrard and Barry a run out. Put Lampard on the bench. He's overrated :P Other than scoring from outside the box or giving a cross, he doesn't do anything. Anyone can cross, but not everyone can defend and lead a team.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 15, 2008 04:09:55 pm
      Maybe Capello's been sucked into tha manc\cockney propaganda machine,"Keep England Scouse-less". It's plain for anyone who has a the slightest idea about football that Gerrard is the best midfielder in this country when he's played in his PROPER position. That big fat twet Lampard dos'nt even come close. How can any sensible person think otherwise.Am not just sayin that cos am a fan, its blatanly obvious.I hope he tells them to stick England up Fat Frank's arse.If hes does, it wont be long before they sack Capello,for England bein even sh*tter
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2008 04:16:37 pm by 5strs »
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #33: Oct 15, 2008 09:53:36 pm
      how about that stevie g performance!  too bad he hit the post.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #34: Oct 16, 2008 10:04:27 am
      Would have loved him to score that second but he played well and created Rooney's second. Gerrard and Barry is the right combo for England for sure you have Gerrard doing his runs into good positions and you have him creating chances with his deadly touches, then you have Barry holding back a touch and breaking up attacks as well. If Fat frank and Gerrard play together then you have two out and out attacking mids but because Gerrard is the better of the two, so they play him out of position, they cant play fatty out of position as he would not know what to do.

well done Gerrard for showing what you made of and the passion for playing for club and country

Quick Reply