Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Heskeeee back at Anfield

Yes
      (37.6%)
      No
      (53.4%)
      Not bothered
      (9%)

Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic)

Read 13136 times
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Re: Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic)
      Reply #115: Jan 12, 2009 05:07:34 am
      if heskey is coming...is he going to warm the bench with keane sitting next to him?
      I dont know what rafa is thinking..we've got enough strikers already..
      give nemeth a run instead of Ngog..and we can save some money...wait...4M..that's a lot of money..but we can still save that for next player.. ??? ???
      piggy96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -12 
      Reply #116: Jan 12, 2009 10:21:34 am
      who needs heskey?? hes f***in sh*t. my old man is a better player. hes got no pace or nout hows he guna help our striking policy. we need david villa or sergio aguero players like that who can make a difference. we shud go for maxi rodriguez hes class and skillful man. fock heskey
      tooty100
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #117: Jan 12, 2009 10:49:48 am
      oh dear i can just see heskey doing what he does best............and thats slipping over on his arse when he takes a shot, not a strikers striker more a support player a poor mans crouch if you ask me, time to move on look forward not backwards.
      Tombo
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts | -2 
      Reply #118: Jan 12, 2009 11:56:04 am
      we need a playmaker that can provide the spark to unlock games not a bungling oaf that's gona spend most his time on his ass,I know he puts in a lot of hard work but its the end product wer lacking he will just be another waste of money
      andyc
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #119: Jan 12, 2009 12:31:17 pm
      i think the heskey move will just be a step back.  i think we do need an impact striker who can change a game similar like the stoke one when we had nothing to aim for but i dont think heskey is the man.  id take a punt on bringing adriano from inter on 6 month loan deal.  he's class, good in the air, scores goals.  inter are trying to offload him cos of his problems at the club. mite sound risky but he has a point to prove and if it dosnt work we still have the squad we have now.  not sure mourinho wud do business with us tho.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #120: Jan 12, 2009 12:35:55 pm
      If hes Free which is what its looking like ten lets give him a go he looked good against spurs yesterday..
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #121: Jan 12, 2009 12:53:27 pm
      if he's free, then why not.. ;D
      kick pennant out the door get 5m from him, then get Kuba to liverpool...then we can scare defenders.. >:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #122: Jan 12, 2009 01:18:27 pm
      if he's free, then why not.. ;D
      kick pennant out the door get 5m from him, then get Kuba to liverpool...then we can scare defenders.. >:D
      makes no odds if he's free or they're paying us to take him off their hands whatever, if he can't do the biz he's preventing a better qualified striker getting in there and kicking on for us .
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #123: Jan 12, 2009 03:54:55 pm
      Rafa loves to buy one player a season on a free and it looks like Heskey will be that player. I dunno what to make of the signing and the fact that Rafa future is still on clear at the moment with the club.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #124: Jan 12, 2009 04:05:53 pm
      he's class, good in the air, scores goals.

There's nothing classy about partying, drinking and putting the clubs name to shame. His attitude is one of the worst in football.
      Adriano is worse than Pennant.

Anyway, I'd rather not see Heskey here. We don't need him IMO. I'd rather see N'gog or Nemeth make the step up, if they're ready of course.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #125: Jan 12, 2009 04:10:51 pm
      Free?.. Hell yeah!!

He's not gonna be a 20-goal-a-season man (again/2001?) but he definitely offers something that we really don't have right now.. Strength, hold up play and flick on's.
      I've seen some comments on this thread like "He has no pace?" and "He's an oaf?" but that oaf with no pace regularly gets and England call up. The bottom line is, some football connoisseurs can see what he provides when others can't.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #126: Jan 12, 2009 04:17:18 pm
      Heskey would add something new, and probably help us, infact. He's a good supporting striker. I just don't think we need him TBH.

We have plenty of options.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,391 posts | 8632 
      Reply #127: Jan 12, 2009 04:25:23 pm
      Free?.. Hell yeah!!

He's not gonna be a 20-goal-a-season man (again/2001?) but he definitely offers something that we really don't have right now.. Strength, hold up play and flick on's.
      I've seen some comments on this thread like "He has no pace?" and "He's an oaf?" but that oaf with no pace regularly gets and England call up. The bottom line is, some football connoisseurs can see what he provides when others can't.

He was sh*te first time round, what makes you think he would be a qualified success this time, plus where exactly is he going to play? Do you not remember 90 per cent of the crowd at Anfield wanting rid in Houllier's last season.

Then again he'd could fill in for Riera at left-wing, where Houllier used to play him.

Sorry he had one good season here and we are a better team now.

It's a no from me!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #128: Jan 12, 2009 04:38:19 pm
      We got Voronin for free ,and look what he was for us !!
        get rid of voronin's wages by selliing him and transfer his wage money to Emile,at least he can cope with the PL
        I am not saying get rid of Torres,keane .Nemeth or Ngog , just give him a season ,maybe we will need his services in some games
       If he is free and can cope with his wage demands , I say Yes
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #129: Jan 12, 2009 05:05:03 pm
      He was sh*te first time round, what makes you think he would be a qualified success this time, plus where exactly is he going to play? Do you not remember 90 per cent of the crowd at Anfield wanting rid in Houllier's last season.

Then again he'd could fill in for Riera at left-wing, where Houllier used to play him.

Sorry he had one good season here and we are a better team now.

It's a no from me!!

At least you recognise that for much of his time at Anfield he was played out of position...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,391 posts | 8632 
      Reply #130: Jan 12, 2009 05:10:23 pm
      I'll agree with you on that.

Being honest I was a big supporter of the lad when we got him, thought he was excellent during the first half of the Treble season and for parts of the following season.

Houllier did him no favours consistently playing out of position and his confidence suffered, I just don't think Rafa will get the best out of Emile due to his management style and I just can't see where we could fit him in.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #131: Jan 12, 2009 05:12:00 pm
      Prove your a Red Heskey destroy United wednesday night!!!!!!!!!
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #132: Jan 12, 2009 05:23:08 pm
      I'll agree with you on that.

Being honest I was a big supporter of the lad when we got him, thought he was excellent during the first half of the Treble season and for parts of the following season.

Houllier did him no favours consistently playing out of position and his confidence suffered, I just don't think Rafa will get the best out of Emile due to his management style and I just can't see where we could fit him in.

You can tell I'm pro Heskey and would like to see him back at our wonderful club but that's my fear too.. Raffa's management style may not suit Emile. From what I've read Raffa is one of the hardest managers around!! Obviously not the kind of Gaffa to give him a man hug if needed.. haha

I tell you what I do remember though, I can't remember what season it was but Stevie was injured and on sky sports when we played Chelski (i think) and someone upset Emile.. Bad Fookin move!! He was a beast for the whole game, arguing, fighting, snarling and nobody could deal with him... I remember Stevie at half time saying if he played like that every game he'd be unplayable..
      If or when we sign him we've just got to make sure someone pisses him off before the game..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #133: Jan 12, 2009 09:15:40 pm

I tell you what I do remember though, I can't remember what season it was but Stevie was injured and on sky sports when we played Chelski (i think) and someone upset Emile.. Bad Fookin move!! He was a beast for the whole game, arguing, fighting, snarling and nobody could deal with him... I remember Stevie at half time saying if he played like that every game he'd be unplayable..
      If or when we sign him we've just got to make sure someone pisses him off before the game..
      Not too eager to get him back but remember that Chelski game looked as though someone had spiked him he was a f***in animal if he carried on like that all the time there'd be no problem but that was the exception to the rule.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #134: Jan 12, 2009 09:52:38 pm
      I get why he is bought but surely this means someone is out? We have plenty of guys now who can play up top and certainly dont need them all. Maybe David is going out on loan.

He is another option, one i wasnt willing to pay 4 million for. If he comes on a free then great, he's a good player.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #135: Jan 12, 2009 10:45:13 pm
      i dont even think he is that good, alrite he battles for the ball an works hard an gets assists, but he hardly scores goals for a striker, i mean come on were liverpool we shouldnt be buying free transfers and players who cost 4 million pounds, cause there simply not good enought for teams challenging for the title.

And if torres gets injured or something we cant just go o dont worry we have got heskey up front because he cant score, he scored 4 goals last season an am  notbothered what type of striker he is, 4 goals a season if disgraceful for a ST esapically one liverpool are apparently interesed in.
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Heskey Back to Liverpool
      Reply #136: Jan 12, 2009 10:46:35 pm
      just saw this on yahoo sport., http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12012009/58/transfers-transfer-talk-heskey-liverpool.html

is it true? what are peoples opinions on this?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #137: Jan 12, 2009 11:32:01 pm
      Maybe a squad player in the Heskey mode could be of good use.

I still stick to what I said in October.

I don't by any means think it's a step forward and I certainly haven't forgot how he played in the latter stages of his Anfield career.

But he could bring something different to the table in attack and I think you can't really complain if it's a free. Surely he'd be better than Voronin?

I can't see us spending much money - if any - in this transfer window.

Quick Reply