Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Snooker

Read 177769 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Re: Snooker
      Reply #1449: Apr 21, 2023 01:30:52 pm
      Trump out, Murphy out. Milkins back from 7-2 down to beat Perry. Some good matches. O'Sullivan V Vafaei should be lively. Vafaei taking the piss out of O'Sullivan earlier on in the week. Apparently the row goes back 2 years ago when Vafaei beat O'Sullivan 5-0  and O'Sullivan smashed the reds from the break off in the final frame.

Bit more action than the powder sketch from the 'stop oil' protest.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #1450: Apr 21, 2023 02:53:08 pm
      Trump out, Murphy out. Milkins back from 7-2 down to beat Perry. Some good matches. O'Sullivan V Vafaei should be lively. Vafaei taking the piss out of O'Sullivan earlier on in the week. Apparently the row goes back 2 years ago when Vafaei beat O'Sullivan 5-0  and O'Sullivan smashed the reds from the break off in the final frame.

Bit more action than the powder sketch from the 'stop oil' protest.

Vafaei smashes reds all over the table from the break off in the second frame. O'Sullivan not reacting...so far.

bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,267 posts | 282 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1451: Apr 22, 2023 10:21:50 pm
      Ronnie is on the charge. The greatest!
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #1452: Apr 25, 2023 02:15:08 pm
      Jak Jones made a good start against Skinny Allen. Jones did for Robertson, my pick. But yes O'Sullivan has been spured on by Vafaei. Doesn't need fired up but Vafaei fanned the flames.

Should see off Brecel to go into semi final.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #1453: Apr 25, 2023 11:24:58 pm
      Jak Jones made a good start against Skinny Allen. Jones did for Robertson, my pick. But yes O'Sullivan has been spured on by Vafaei. Doesn't need fired up but Vafaei fanned the flames.

Should see off Brecel to go into semi final.

Good player Brecel but Ronnie, despite having a dip, still came out even for the session. Hopefully he powers through tomorrow. John Higgins has been my pick so far - such a ruthless operator, relentlessly focussed and a class act.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #1454: Apr 26, 2023 03:16:33 pm
      Good player Brecel but Ronnie, despite having a dip, still came out even for the session. Hopefully he powers through tomorrow. John Higgins has been my pick so far - such a ruthless operator, relentlessly focussed and a class act.

Ronnie looks knackered. Just lacking that spark a bit. Still 10-9 up but it could be a struggle to get over the line. Now 10-10 at the break. Brecel won 4 on the bounce...

Now 10-12..Ronnie lost 6 on the run. Ronnie just run out of steam....Ronnie on the brink..and Ronnie is out 10-13..
      lost 7 frames on the trot..
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2023 04:20:41 pm by Harrisimo »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #1455: Apr 27, 2023 02:46:49 pm
      Brecel needs to revise his tactics here or he's in for a hiding.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1456: Apr 28, 2023 10:10:56 am
      Haven't been able to watch as much of this as I'd like because of work but I've purposely taken the next couple of days off to ensure I can watch the semi and final so over the weekend I should be able to enjoy almost every ball of what's left in the World's.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #1457: Apr 28, 2023 10:29:36 am
      Haven't been able to watch as much of this as I'd like because of work but I've purposely taken the next couple of days off to ensure I can watch the semi and final so over the weekend I should be able to enjoy almost every ball of what's left in the World's.

I've missed loads as well mate which is annoying.

I'll only get to see the evening sessions over the weekend as well as I've to work. Might catch the afternoon today as well though.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #1458: Apr 28, 2023 12:43:25 pm
      Si 11-6 up V Brecel, best of 33.  Si is on another level. Just can't leave him anything. If he goes up against Selby in the final, the only chance Selby will have is to tie him in knots because Si is a natural potter. Such a clean striker. Giving 5/2 still, very generous odds.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #1459: Apr 28, 2023 12:55:00 pm
      Si 11-6 up V Brecel, best of 33.  Si is on another level. Just can't leave him anything. If he goes up against Selby in the final, the only chance Selby will have is to tie him in knots because Si is a natural potter. Such a clean striker. Giving 5/2 still, very generous odds.

He's been great to watch from the little I've seen this week. Most of the snooker I've seen has been his games
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1460: Apr 28, 2023 02:45:32 pm
      I know I say this almost every tournament now but Ken Doherty on commentary is enough to turn anybody off snooker. Had to put the mute on just to keep me sanity.

Don't really like Virgo either, who's "where's the cue ball going?" catchphrase is said now just for the sake of it rather than the cue ball actually being close to going in-off. A bit like Kammy's "unbelievable Jeff" on Soccer Saturday, where it was just a throw in and he was going overboard.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1461: Apr 28, 2023 09:33:45 pm
      At 14-10 going into the last session tomorrow, I think Brecel still has a sniff of making the final. If Si had won that final frame then I think it was over but his miss on the green and letting Luca getting yet another one back just keeps him in touch.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #1462: Apr 29, 2023 12:35:55 pm
      At 14-10 going into the last session tomorrow, I think Brecel still has a sniff of making the final. If Si had won that final frame then I think it was over but his miss on the green and letting Luca getting yet another one back just keeps him in touch.

Yer can never discount a maverick player. And Brecel can pot anybody off the table but it doesn't always go right. Si still favourite but not by much.

Selby V Allen. One for the purists, slow tactical play. Allen misses a sitter pink, but Selby breaks down on the colours..10-8.

I watch it mostly on Eurosport. Joe Johnson does a lot of commentary.

Now 10-9...Selby breaks down on the colours again...now 11-10 to Selby..could go all the way.
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2023 02:11:22 pm by Harrisimo »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1463: Apr 29, 2023 02:47:43 pm
      Brecel wins the opening frame of the final session to get another one back and is now just three behind.

14-11.

Si got in first but was unlucky to not land on anything after going into the pack. Couple of attacking safety shots from both opened the table up and then Brecel knocked a good long red in to get going.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1464: Apr 29, 2023 03:15:22 pm
      After what was probably the most tactical frame of this semi final, Luca has got another one back and is starting to really add the pressure onto Si now. Seven frames on the spin for the Belgian.

14-12
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1465: Apr 29, 2023 03:25:10 pm
      And there's the eighth frame on the bounce for Brecel and what a lovely fluent break it was to get just one behind now.

Massive frame before the mid-session interval. If Brecel wins, we're all level going into the final five frames, if Si wins he stops the rot and goes to within two of the final.

14-13.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1466: Apr 29, 2023 04:01:21 pm
      Cloud nine for Luca as he levels the match back up at 14 all. The interval may of come at the wrong time for him and exactly the right time for Si. Another scrappy frame with some tactical play on the colours but eventually Brecel got over the line and turned this best off 33 match into a best of 5 when we return after the mid-session interval.

I'm not sure how much of this comeback is Si stalling and how much of it is Brecel's excellent play because Luca is still making mistakes but is not being punished, whereas Si's mistakes have been.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #1467: Apr 29, 2023 04:05:38 pm
      Yeah 5 frame match now. Brecel must be favourite now. Si has lost the plot after playing so well. But all to play for.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1468: Apr 29, 2023 04:40:46 pm
      And Brecel hits the front after winning a tenth consecutive frame.

15-14
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1469: Apr 29, 2023 04:54:17 pm
      11 frames in a row for Luca and now he's just one away from a place in the final. It's showing in the run of the table as well, every time Brecel goes into the pack they're spreading nicely but for Si it's always awkward whenever he's at the table.

16-14.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #1470: Apr 29, 2023 04:58:16 pm
      Si's head has gone. One of the biggest semi final collapses I've ever seen. Lost 11 on the trot. Brecel on the brink of his first final.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,123 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1471: Apr 29, 2023 05:08:43 pm
      A poor safety shot from Brecel to open the 31st frame and it left Si in, who took a couple of difficult pots to start what turned out to be a frame winning break of 91. Great courage by the young lad after everything that's been thrown at him from last night and this afternoon.

He's put a stop to the rot and clawed one back.

16-15

Quick Reply