Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Snooker

Read 177353 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Re: Snooker
      Reply #1955: May 03, 2024 03:56:24 pm
      Bingham 6-6 Jones at the mid-session interval.

At some point, one of the players in these semi-finals has to start running away with their match.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #1956: May 03, 2024 04:23:40 pm
      Second time I've heard Neil Robertson in the commentary box and he doesn't seem cut out for it. Sounds bored and jealous.
      Little bit dour tonally...could be nerves. It takes quite a while to find your TV voice/personality. Lineker took a few years before he was totally at ease....it's not as easy as it looks.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1957: May 03, 2024 05:25:10 pm
      Little bit dour tonally...could be nerves. It takes quite a while to find your TV voice/personality. Lineker took a few years before he was totally at ease....it's not as easy as it looks.

Maybe.

I'm not a fan of his in general though, find him quite up himself. Used to love watching him play but over the last few years he's become one of the more boring players to watch by taking half an hour over every shot even the sitters that we could all pot.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1958: May 03, 2024 06:17:03 pm
      At some point, one of the players in these semi-finals has to start running away with their match.

I guess not because Bingham and Jones have ended their second session at eight a piece, just like Wilson and Gilbert.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1959: May 03, 2024 08:24:08 pm
      At the mid-session interval, we finally have a bit of space between the two players as Kyren Wilson wins the 20th frame to lead Dave Gilbert 11-9.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1960: May 04, 2024 10:25:27 am
      Kyren doubled his advantage from a two frame lead to four frames up by the end of the night.

Session finished with Wilson leading 14-10.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1961: May 04, 2024 11:50:35 am
      In the final frame before the mid-session interval, Jak Jones has opened up a two frame lead for himself for the first time in the match.

11-9.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1962: May 04, 2024 02:00:37 pm
      Session has ended with Jones holding a three frame lead before they finish up tonight. It's also finished a frame earlier than scheduled due to time constraints.

13-10.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1963: May 04, 2024 04:03:21 pm
      Kyren Wilson is our first finalist in this years World Championship.

A 17-11 victory over Dave Gilbert.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,367 posts | 1416 
      Reply #1964: May 04, 2024 04:15:39 pm
      Not surprised to see Wilson get through. He isn't a great watch, monotonous metronomic cuing. Gilbert sagging a bit. Been through the qualifiers, so battling at it for 4/5 weeks. Qualifying does sharpen up your game coming into it but fatigue also plays a part.

Two other players Jones and Bingham had to qualify so Wilson is big favourite to take the title.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #1965: May 04, 2024 06:40:02 pm
      Not surprised to see Wilson get through. He isn't a great watch, monotonous metronomic cuing. Gilbert sagging a bit. Been through the qualifiers, so battling at it for 4/5 weeks. Qualifying does sharpen up your game coming into it but fatigue also plays a part.

Two other players Jones and Bingham had to qualify so Wilson is big favourite to take the title.
      Wilson seems to have the pace of the table better than the others...With the pockets playing tight this year anything hit too hard (not right in the centre) isn't going in. Also in what determines a lot of sport, it's who makes the least mistakes.....as we've found to our cost these past 4 weeks or so.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #1966: May 04, 2024 08:28:14 pm
      Hendry literally took the words out of my mouth there

Was about to post from the sublime to the ridiculous.

What on earth was Bingham thinking after that fantastic yellow.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1967: May 04, 2024 08:56:15 pm
      Fair play to the officials here getting these balls back in the right position.

Further proof that technology in sport can actually be beneficial when used correctly and when everybody knows what's going on.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1968: May 04, 2024 09:30:18 pm
      What a final frame of that mini-session, it had almost everything but a sizeable break. Bingham won it, eventually, to cut the defecit back down to three frames.

15-12 to Jones.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #1969: May 04, 2024 09:31:03 pm
      What a final frame of that mini-session, it had almost everything but a sizeable break. Bingham won it, eventually, to cut the defecit back down to three frames.

15-12 to Jones.

Fascinating frame of snooker that
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #1970: May 04, 2024 09:45:46 pm
      Fair play to the officials here getting these balls back in the right position.

Further proof that technology in sport can actually be beneficial when used correctly and when everybody knows what's going on.
      Technology Really?......What looking at a freeze frame with a secondary official saying a bit to the left...more to me....back a bit....a bit more....not that much etc... is hardly high tech. It's something that could be easily resolved using digital technology which views the table into hundreds/thousands of pixels and pinpoints the exact centres of each ball to the exact pixel ....not hard to do I wouldn't have thought...this current process is nonsense.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1971: May 04, 2024 09:46:34 pm
      Kyren Wilson is a modest little f**ker isn't he?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #1972: May 04, 2024 09:56:18 pm
      Hendry absolutely despises the type of snooker that Jak Jones plays. Has the look of 'I did not become the greatest snooker player ever for this sh*t to then happen'
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #1973: May 04, 2024 09:56:51 pm
      It's a fairly common character trait in serial winners...They have(need) massive amounts of ego and self belief.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1974: May 04, 2024 10:14:25 pm
      Hendry absolutely despises the type of snooker that Jak Jones plays. Has the look of 'I did not become the greatest snooker player ever for this sh*t to then happen'

He was absolutely brutal towards Bingham earlier after the attempted snooker behind the black instead of potting the green. "This is why Stuart Bingham is ranked so low nowadays".

By the way, did you enjoy your trip to the Crucible? What matches did you get to see?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #1975: May 05, 2024 12:21:24 am
      He was absolutely brutal towards Bingham earlier after the attempted snooker behind the black instead of potting the green. "This is why Stuart Bingham is ranked so low nowadays".

By the way, did you enjoy your trip to the Crucible? What matches did you get to see?

Brutal but truthful analysis that by Hendry but he's not afraid to say it as it is. Like he was on the baize, he's the best in front of camera too I believe.

Had a great time at the Crucible thanks! Saw Williams v Si and Day v Hawkins. I would love to do the full two weeks there if I could and had the money! Perfect way to waste some time and annual leave!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 439 
      Reply #1976: May 05, 2024 07:36:36 am

I noticed the hand shake with Gilbert at the end of the match was pretty quick and curt.

Struck me (without knowing for sure) that there wasn't much love lost there.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 439 
      Reply #1977: May 05, 2024 07:39:26 am
      Technology Really?......What looking at a freeze frame with a secondary official saying a bit to the left...more to me....back a bit....a bit more....not that much etc... is hardly high tech. It's something that could be easily resolved using digital technology which views the table into hundreds/thousands of pixels and pinpoints the exact centres of each ball to the exact pixel ....not hard to do I wouldn't have thought...this current process is nonsense.

Looks like you've found yourself a project pal. Get it designed and make yourself some money. I'm sure Barry would pay through the nose for that in the upcoming Scottish Open

Quick Reply