Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

xabi's goal

Read 2804 times
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 585 posts | 32 
      xabi's goal
      Sep 20, 2006 11:02:22 pm
      what were the odds on him doing it again this season?
      did anyone back him?
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      xabi's goal
      Reply #1: Sep 20, 2006 11:04:45 pm
      amazing goal i feel for the goalkeeper tho!! :oops:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      xabi's goal
      Reply #2: Sep 20, 2006 11:06:11 pm
      Wow !!! GET IN XABI !!  Glad you've found your form again  :D  :D
      samsagaz23
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #3: Sep 21, 2006 10:39:47 am
      If xabi keeps is level, bet houses going to ruined.

;D
      scousesaz06
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #4: Sep 21, 2006 10:42:14 am
      any1 got a link for it i was anfield last nite it was prob the best goal i have ever seen @ anfield
      samsagaz23
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #5: Sep 21, 2006 10:49:55 am
      have you looking for in Youtube. Maybe it is in there.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #6: Sep 21, 2006 11:33:32 am
      Don't You think everyone's getting a bit carried away.  Yes it was a fantastic goal, but could the keeper of got there if he didn't slip?

Also 1 goal does not mean that he is back to his best, I didn't see the game but I listened to it and apart from the goal.  He didn't seem to make many Killer Passes.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Great goal though.  He must also be the only person to score from his own half, with both left and right feet?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      xabi's goal
      Reply #7: Sep 21, 2006 12:30:57 pm
      Quote from: "Boot"
      Don't You think everyone's getting a bit carried away.  Yes it was a fantastic goal, but could the keeper of got there if he didn't slip?

Also 1 goal does not mean that he is back to his best, I didn't see the game but I listened to it and apart from the goal.  He didn't seem to make many Killer Passes.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Great goal though.  He must also be the only person to score from his own half, with both left and right feet?

Maybe if you saw the game you would think differently. Xabi played an excellent game, plenty of passing and his vision and awareness were out of this world, he set the first goal up as well but no-one has seemed to mention that fact, he passed the ball through to Steve Finnan who passed it across to Dirk.  My MOTM without doubt and i for one am glad to see him back playing like his former self, this will give him the confidence to continue playing like the star he is.   And no, the keeper would not of reached it if he hadn't fell over.
      Biggie
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #8: Sep 21, 2006 01:46:04 pm
      Quote from: "scousesaz06"
      any1 got a link for it i was anfield last nite it was prob the best goal i have ever seen @ anfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-RlDju5N6A
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #9: Sep 21, 2006 07:31:53 pm

no he didnt give any killer passes except the pass that led to our first goal of course and that was a perfectly weighted pass to finnan i watched the game he had an absolute blinder
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      xabi's goal
      Reply #10: Sep 21, 2006 08:56:24 pm
      Alonso was given the man of the match by the Liverpool Echo, I was at the game and he looked back to his old self. The pass for the first goal was every bit as good as the goal he scored, he split the defence and played Finnan in it was weighted to perfection and made the cross easy for Stevie to deliver and Kuyt knew he had scored before he touched the ball.

It was the work of an artist...and a pleasure to behold!!! ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      xabi's goal
      Reply #11: Sep 21, 2006 08:59:29 pm

There's always one pillock that spoils the mood.  :shock:
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #12: Sep 22, 2006 10:45:45 am
      Court_LFC

Who are you calling a pillock.  Firstly I am not spoiling the mood, I just have my feet on the floor, and don't see that 1 good game from Alonso, means that hes back to his best.

Also if you read my post.  You will see that I am in fact asking questions not stating that everybody's heads are above the clouds.  

I know how good Alonso can be, but for me he has been under par for a while.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      xabi's goal
      Reply #13: Sep 22, 2006 03:27:42 pm
      I didn't say he's back to his best. Why play-down him when he scored a fantastic goal? Confusing that...  :?
      I understand that one goal doesn't change much but hey its made the fans happy.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      xabi's goal
      Reply #14: Sep 22, 2006 05:09:50 pm
      I'm not playing it down, but listening on the radio they explained that they believe the keeper would of got it if he hadn't of slipped.  Also the angle on Sky news wasn't great.

So I asked, if anyone had a different opinion.

It was a great goal, but to me the result means more and Liverpool becoming a great team again means more.

Quick Reply