Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hotels & Short Stay Apartments in Liverpool

Read 86990 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Hotels & Short Stay Apartments in Liverpool
      Reply #46: Apr 12, 2011 04:29:59 pm
      Yeah, can't find anything for a reasonable price though :/

I'm almost confirming a reservation at the Hatters Hostel for my first 2 nights there, it's very close to the center and the train station so it works perfectly for me when I arrive there. I can drop my bags there and go to the Anfield Experience.

But then I'll have to find a place to sleep in the Saturday night, the guest house Cas mentioned still haven't replied my email yet
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #47: Apr 12, 2011 04:39:51 pm
      / \ Done it. If I find somewhere else I can cancel my reservation, but it's a relief to have somewhere to sleep for at least my first days there :D Asked them to let me know if anyone cancels a reservation for the Saturday April 23rd. Will try to call the Guest House later.

Thanks a lot LFC-LCFC and Cas for trying to help me!
      reddiary
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #48: Feb 02, 2012 08:24:07 am
      Thank you for the information.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: May 12, 2012 04:51:24 pm
      Come to my place and treat it like a hotel, you might as well everybody else does!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #50: May 12, 2012 05:41:50 pm
      Come to my place and treat it like a hotel, you might as well everybody else does!

Thanks Neil, see you for the start of the season  ;)
      BigGreg
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #51: Aug 12, 2012 05:34:47 pm
      Hey all,

I'm comming over from Ontario, Canada I'm a big time Liverpool supporter. I've been one other time to watch the home opener against burnley back in 09, but I only had time to watch the match then I had to leave. This trip I'm spending the weekend in town and was hoping someone could give me advice where I could stay for cheap. Thanks!
      redman2907
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 13 
      Reply #52: Aug 12, 2012 06:37:08 pm
      Somewere cheap but nothing special is formula one hotel its in town near the echo arena. Easy walking distance into town for shops,bars etc
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #53: Dec 22, 2012 10:44:17 am
      Had some friends up last week and they stayed in the Beech Mount Hotel and they recommended it highly as a great location to get to the ground and also access for going into town,they jumped the 27 bus to the ground which took 8 mins from Shiel Rd just over the road from the hotel.They rated the hotel as 4star+
      and will be staying there again as the accommodation and food we're spot-on and the price was good compared to some city center hotels and availability.

The Beech Mount 1-3 Beech St Liverpool 7 L7 0HT 0151 264 9189.

« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2012 10:54:55 am by el batez »
      dropredfred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: Hotels near Anfield
      Reply #54: Apr 18, 2016 01:54:41 pm
      Usually stay in the classic Travelodge in the city centre. Easy access to everything the beautiful city has to offer, and for the time I'm there, I'm not even worried what the room's like - so long as the sheets are clean! Not tried the Liverpool North Hotel, any good mate?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #55: Jan 22, 2018 10:05:17 pm
      Will be travelling down next week for Spurs game, any suggestions? Probably be doing Saturday - Monday and ideally close to city centre. Everywhere I look is mega expensive.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #56: Jan 25, 2018 04:46:02 pm

Will be travelling down next week for Spurs game, any suggestions? Probably be doing Saturday - Monday and ideally close to city centre. Everywhere I look is mega expensive.

Go for somewhere just outside town,  somewhere you could get a cab to the ground from.
      Hotels in town charge crazy prices, a straight rip off.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #57: Jan 25, 2018 05:32:29 pm
      Go for somewhere just outside town,  somewhere you could get a cab to the ground from.
      Hotels in town charge crazy prices, a straight rip off.
      Managed to get decent accommodation close to Anfield for a good price. Now all that remains is picking up the tickets when I’m down there. Fell through last time so hopefully I’m set this time. Will be spending the weekend, any recommendations for places to go?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #58: Jan 25, 2018 09:17:21 pm
      Managed to get decent accommodation close to Anfield for a good price. Now all that remains is picking up the tickets when I’m down there. Fell through last time so hopefully I’m set this time. Will be spending the weekend, any recommendations for places to go?

Anywhere in town mate is good, leave concert square out, get some bad kick offs there, glad you got sorted..
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #59: Apr 20, 2018 03:58:05 pm
      I'm beginning to plan my trip. I've done a little research and have found a lot of very reasonable AIRBNB rooms and apartments. A lot of them are cheaper than just about every hotel I've priced out.

If anyone is interested, if your flying into London I saw that you can take the Virgin Train up to Liverpool and they have multiple trains running at all times. A round trip ticket is about $120 U.S. Apparantly the Virgin Trains cost more than others but, they're nicer and faster. If anyone can verify this i would like to know for sure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #60: Apr 20, 2018 04:43:36 pm
      I'm beginning to plan my trip. I've done a little research and have found a lot of very reasonable AIRBNB rooms and apartments. A lot of them are cheaper than just about every hotel I've priced out.

If anyone is interested, if your flying into London I saw that you can take the Virgin Train up to Liverpool and they have multiple trains running at all times. A round trip ticket is about $120 U.S. Apparantly the Virgin Trains cost more than others but, they're nicer and faster. If anyone can verify this i would like to know for sure.

Yeah it's probably the best way of getting to Liverpool, although with connections to and from the airport you land it, there is a flight from stansted - John Lennon Airport for around the same price, although I don't know how regular the flights are.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #61: Apr 30, 2018 10:42:27 pm
      Yeah it's probably the best way of getting to Liverpool, although with connections to and from the airport you land it, there is a flight from stansted - John Lennon Airport for around the same price, although I don't know how regular the flights are.

Ok. Thanks .If you dont mind can I PM you about my trip planning? I found places to stay on AirBNB but i know nothing about the areas. I dont want to rent a room in some place that is like Trainspotting or in the middle of nowhere where I cant use a train or bus. Im also want to try and find someone who can hook me up with match tickets thats a legit seller or someone trustworthy.

Thanks again for the info on the Virgin Trains.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #62: May 01, 2018 01:01:07 pm

I use them enough to know this is your best way to get between Liverpool and London. About 2 hours 10 mins journey which is excellent and the option to get on the ale? No brainer.

Just make sure you get the direct and not the one that changes at Crewe. And obviously, plan your journey for the off peak or you'll be paying a fortune
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #63: May 02, 2018 09:05:21 am
      A round trip ticket is about $120 U.S.

If you book enough in advance you can get two single tickets for around half of that.

London to Liverpool on train is a lot less of a ballache than from a London airport to London IMO.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #64: May 02, 2018 03:37:57 pm
      I use them enough to know this is your best way to get between Liverpool and London. About 2 hours 10 mins journey which is excellent and the option to get on the ale? No brainer.

Just make sure you get the direct and not the one that changes at Crewe. And obviously, plan your journey for the off peak or you'll be paying a fortune

I planned on getting a late, off peak ticket. I figured on trying to set it up where I can fly in and land early in London. Around 10am. Spend the day in London checking out the Military Museum, grab a late lunch and then get up to Liverpool on one of the post rush hour trains. But of course well thought out vacation plans usually get fu**ed up about 20 min after you land, so who knows. I pray to god that my trip doesn't coincide with Trumps London visit. If it does Ill just say I'm a Canadian.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #65: May 02, 2018 03:41:00 pm
      I planned on getting a late, off peak ticket. I figured on trying to set it up where I can fly in and land early in London. Around 10am. Spend the day in London checking out the Military Museum, grab a late lunch and then get up to Liverpool on one of the post rush hour trains. But of course well thought out vacation plans usually get fu**ed up about 20 min after you land, so who knows. I pray to god that my trip doesn't coincide with Trumps London visit. If it does Ill just say I'm a Canadian.

If on a budget and you don't mind the longer travel, consider National Express or Megabus coaches. I've done the Liverpool - London route a few times when saving money and it can be ridiculously cheap, like 5 pounds. It takes about 6 hours, so that's not for everyone, of course. But I think the coaches are fairly comfortable and you could travel over the night if you want.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #66: May 02, 2018 05:13:37 pm
      If on a budget and you don't mind the longer travel, consider National Express or Megabus coaches. I've done the Liverpool - London route a few times when saving money and it can be ridiculously cheap, like 5 pounds. It takes about 6 hours, so that's not for everyone, of course. But I think the coaches are fairly comfortable and you could travel over the night if you want.

Yep, well worth noting the advice of a fully fledged Gypo like Diego 😊
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #67: May 02, 2018 05:37:18 pm

London is now the murder capitol of the world so be careful you don't get shot, fly into London and get straight down to Liverpool would be safer and a lot more fun, we have a museum down here with some militaria.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #68: Mar 11, 2019 08:51:13 pm
      Stayed two nights at The Premier Inn, West Derby.
      Really nice hotel and very handy to get to the ground, here's the google maps link ;
      https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Premier+Inn+Liverpool+West+Derby,+Queens+Drive+West+Derby,+Liverpool+L13+0DL,+UK/Anfield,+Anfield+Rd,+Liverpool+L4+0TH,+UK/@53.4304188,-2.9564941,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b218da470adf7:0x2320af767b5da897!2m2!1d-2.9182116!2d53.4263479!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b21654b02538b:0x84576a57e21973ff!2m2!1d-2.96083!2d53.4308294!3e0
      There was lots of Scandinavian Reds staying in the hotel, very friendly atmosphere and good banter with them all.
      Beefeater pub right next door too ;)

Quick Reply