Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Magic or Not?

Read 2060 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Magic or Not?
      Nov 02, 2008 04:19:40 am
      So, is Harry Redknapp actually doing the magic, getting Tottenham 7 out of 9 possible points?

I think Not.

Okay, they beat Bolton and so therefore, well done to them.

They had alot of luck drawing 4-4 with Arsenal and to beat us 2-1.
      Had Almunia had his 'non-bad days', he would have saved at least 3 of the Tottenham goals. He could have saved the Bentley shot, the Huddleston shot(which Bent scored from) and the Modric shot that hit the post(which Lennon scored from). So, all those are a bit of luck, aren't they?

They needed an own goal from Carragher. So, there's luck again. Stevie was denied 2 goals but the post and the bar. Luck?
      Had the own goal not happened, Liverpool possibly would have scored their 2nd by the end of the 90 minutes. Remembering the Dirk Kuyt opportunity and Xabi Alonso's header which i do not know what happened.

One thing is, the win over Liverpool definitely made Harry a magician. I just can't come to the conclusion that he has turned Tottenham's season around after just 3 games.

Your thoughts?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Re: Magic or Not?
      Reply #1: Nov 02, 2008 11:24:05 am
      My thoughts are this.  The players there are decent - some very big money players.

Basically, I think they shafted Ramos over.  They clearly were not playing to their best.  I refuse to believe that a manager can have as much impact as a team getting 2 points from 8 games then 7 points from 3 games.

It doesn't work like that.

Be interesting to see if Redknapp does a 'Ramos' and wins them a trophy in his first few months in charge.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2008 01:06:10 pm
      Be interesting to see if Redknapp does a 'Ramos' and wins them a trophy in his first few months in charge.

... then gets sacked a few games into the next season?   ???
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2008 01:29:49 pm
      Well, they may have been at the bottom of the league but they still have players better than Stoke, West Brom and others...

They didn't play well for the first few games but they still had those talented players though.
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 08, 2008 05:48:29 am
      ... then gets sacked a few games into the next season?   ???
      I don't think so, I think Harry is a solid manager and will get the Spurs just above mid-table consistently, like he did at Portsmouth, he may do better because Tottenham's got some sound players
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #5: Nov 08, 2008 12:52:13 pm
      I dunno about how much of this current Spurs run is all about Harry great "tactics" but I think he has done something to get the morale up but really the situation was perfect for Harry because they could not go anywhere but up.

He may get them out of the relegation but I don't think he is good enough as a manager to get them where the Spurs fan think they should be (top 4).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Nov 08, 2008 03:11:51 pm
      They have an abundance of attacking players yet for some reason, they have no safe defence and no real boss in midfield to control them around the park. The good thing about 'arry is that he will get morale up and can hide this problem untill January where he can buy someone to fill the role, maybe even two signings.

Gee, Dos Santos has had a slide in his career though. The next thing, showing stunning skills, moves to Spurs and, well, zilch. Wonder if we could buy him for about 3-4 million.

Quick Reply