Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The huge Anfield problem

Read 312517 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #1840: Oct 09, 2013 04:52:15 pm
      haha So you wouldnt want the option of someone bringing a beer to you and not having to que in that little back bit of the ground then down your pint before coming back in. i think we would make more money and people would get a bit drunk and start singing abit more
      No mate I wouldn't want that, I don't drink in the ground it tastes like pi55 and is massively overpriced, I like to have a good drink before the game and after. As for a bloke blocking peoples view of the game, with there ghostbusters style back pack full of beer no it definitely isn't my idea of football. Tell me if you've got 4 blokes sat in the middle of a row who are wanting to get hammered are you happy as the people between the pi55 heads and the ghostbuster bloke. You either gunna be asked to pass the beer down the line or constantly having to get up for them to refill.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1841: Oct 09, 2013 05:31:03 pm
      heres a thought just concentrate on the match and supporting the lads by singing your hearts out it gives you a great thirst after the match
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1842: Oct 10, 2013 12:21:49 pm
      No mate I wouldn't want that, I don't drink in the ground it tastes like pi55 and is massively overpriced, I like to have a good drink before the game and after. As for a bloke blocking peoples view of the game, with there ghostbusters style back pack full of beer no it definitely isn't my idea of football. Tell me if you've got 4 blokes sat in the middle of a row who are wanting to get hammered are you happy as the people between the pi55 heads and the ghostbuster bloke. You either gunna be asked to pass the beer down the line or constantly having to get up for them to refill.
      true good point made there lad, well maybe just allow us to bring drinks in plastic cups into the terrace then. myself i drink before the game also just because of the price and then after to go with my chips, fish and curry sauce but just thinking of the ones who come from around the world who maybe dont feel as confortable going into the local boozers. we could make some cash for the club there if there was more of a choice. maybe this new dream anfeild village i'm hearing about might be the answer to this... if it ever happens
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1843: Oct 10, 2013 01:22:14 pm
      Is the football we are playing passionate enough to get people out of their seats?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1844: Oct 10, 2013 01:33:10 pm
      Is the football we are playing passionate enough to get people out of their seats?
      for one half of the game we are but then we do nothing for the other half, as soon as we get the little magician back we will have one sexy looking front 3 even put Moses in there and thats not a bad front 4 pace, power, skill and eye for a pass
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1845: Oct 25, 2013 06:16:24 pm
      Tomorrow will be the first visit to Anfield this season for me. From what I've read and been told I'm not expecting that good an atmosphere.

I'll do my best to help though.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1846: Oct 25, 2013 07:41:14 pm
      Tomorrow will be the first visit to Anfield this season for me. From what I've read and been told I'm not expecting that good an atmosphere.

Whereabouts in the ground are you hun?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #1847: Oct 25, 2013 09:20:34 pm
      Whereabouts in the ground are you hun?

Annie Road Cas.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1848: Oct 25, 2013 10:41:49 pm

I'll give you a wave from the Kop  ;)

Sandon before the game and Arkles afterwards if you fancy a bevy hun :gt-happyup:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1849: Oct 26, 2013 02:25:03 am

Made my first visit against the mancs, in the Kop after some bloke we know gave up his tickets for no fee....only in Liverpool would you see that. Cracking atmosphere, but poor ever since.

But the key for me is this....the big games, like the Utd game I was at, the whole Kop was standing, for the whole game. For the 'lesser' games, the stewards are a bit harder on standing and let's be honest, singing while standing is much easier and you can give it your full whack....sitting down, you just feel a bit awkward (well I do at least) if you try to sing. I fully appreciate the Hillsborough debate for LFC, but that was caused by poor policing, not standing. However, I'm also a believer that the survivors and family's of the 96 should have the final say when it comes to standing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #1850: Oct 26, 2013 08:08:21 am
      I'll give you a wave from the Kop  ;)

Sandon before the game and Arkles afterwards if you fancy a bevy hun :gt-happyup:

Hopefully. I'm not sure what time I'm heading over yet though but if I'm there handy enough I'll see you in The Sandon.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1851: Oct 29, 2013 01:07:27 pm
      Thought that the atmosphere on Saturday gone was good enough. Certainly the best one I've been to.

Was chatting to one of the lads and he said the same, altho he has been to a good few more games than I have. We've spoken about the whole debate between the amount of locals v OOT's at the game ever week and their tendancy to add to the atmosphere & and also lads who just moan non stop or just plain up locals who don't even sing YNWA Lad beside me 1st half was a Scouser and didn't say/sing a word all game. We noticed that there was an awful lot of Irish over this time, what looked more than normally you'd see over. Wonder is it a coincidence with the best atmosphere and lads actually wanting to be there?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1852: Oct 29, 2013 01:28:38 pm
      I dont think it should matter if your from Liverpool when supporting liverpool to add to the point below. All fans from around the globe should have the same support for the club and should be on there feet signing for the club. Now i'm a scouser myself from Canny farm in huyton but that dont make me automaticly a better supporter than someone from down south it just makes me local thats all. We as LFC should not use any other excuse for the dip in the noise from the KOP other than moden day football and that its more a family oriented place now with seating rather than standing and less drunken blokes out with the lads for the day. I think we are still providing a great athmosphere for a club in transition imagine when we are back in top 4 how loud it will be again. Just like them CL nights when the roof was lifted off on many occasions. if we want to compare the KOP of old to any team today its got to be the Dortmund fans who are amazing, and soon again we will be just as if not louder than they are YNWA
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1853: Dec 21, 2013 03:24:53 pm
      Very proud of our fellow Reds at Anfield today, great atmosphere, but the thing that stood out was the support they were showing to the Cardiff fans. Well in ladies and gents, hats off.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1854: Dec 21, 2013 04:15:26 pm
      The Anfield crowd, no matter what nationality, need to realise that if they can become a vociferous, raucous bunch for every 90 minutes that we might just might push our boys towards a title.

Where was the response to the feed the scousers or Anfields a library? We need to stand up and play our part
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #1855: Dec 21, 2013 04:35:07 pm
      Cardiff fans took the piss out of us today and at Anfield! Haven't got a clue what the problem is it sames all the genuine Scousers are being priced out of games. Regardless of no CL, Anfield was always rocking! What's going on? F**k Modern day footy.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1856: Jan 02, 2014 09:03:46 pm
      Just seems to be getting worse week on week.

Think they should make Kop tickets general admission, maybe apart from the STH.

That would let mates sit / stand together and I would guess that the front sections would be the last to fill up (which the latecomers ie the ones who are in the club shop / taking photos outside etc) can gather together also to take pictures and film the game  :roll:

I like a few beers before the game but wouldn't have a problem having to get into the ground earlier if it meant the atmosphere improved.

CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #1857: Jan 02, 2014 11:06:06 pm
      So what would be recommended for someone like me planning on coming sometime next season for my first time?  I'm from the States and have never been, but I don't want to show up and just sit on my hands.  I want to witness a good atmosphere and as much as I'm capable contribute to it.  I imagine a bit of due diligence to learn the songs and what not would be in order?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1858: Jan 02, 2014 11:25:27 pm
      Made my first visit against the mancs, in the Kop after some bloke we know gave up his tickets for no fee....only in Liverpool would you see that. Cracking atmosphere, but poor ever since.

But the key for me is this....the big games, like the Utd game I was at, the whole Kop was standing, for the whole game. For the 'lesser' games, the stewards are a bit harder on standing and let's be honest, singing while standing is much easier and you can give it your full whack....sitting down, you just feel a bit awkward (well I do at least) if you try to sing. I fully appreciate the Hillsborough debate for LFC, but that was caused by poor policing, not standing. However, I'm also a believer that the survivors and family's of the 96 should have the final say when it comes to standing.

Very true, I think there is a massive difference between sitting and standing in terms of being able to give 'full' support. When we see scenes of mass hysteria and passion from history (like, say, The Beatles in concert), nobody is sitting down.

At Anfield, if you're sitting down singing You'll Never Walk Alone, it does feel very awkward. In large public gatherings, it only looks normal for everyone to sit down if you're an old lady with a dodgy hip at a Daniel O Donnell concert but apart from that, nobody does it. And Daniel O Donnell concerts do not incite waves of hysteria anyway. Sitting inhibits you from showing the full support.

I think this can go a long way towards improving atmosphere but I still don't understand how European games are so much louder than Premier League ones? Even the Europa League games last year were relatively loud. I could understand if it was the poor nature of the Premier League, but hasn't the Premier League been our main interest for a while now?

I know Hillsborough is a very sensitive subject, but it was not standing that killed the 96, it was sheer incompetence by the authorities that were meant to look after us. There have been massive improvements since. I am all in favour of a return to standing - initially I think it was a good idea to put it on a hiatus for a long period so organisations could get up to scratch, but I think it is time to reintroduce it. The context in which we're having this discussion has changed massively I think.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #1859: Jan 02, 2014 11:32:09 pm
      When Rafa left and we went out of Europe the atmosphere changed massively IMO, effected us all.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1860: Jan 02, 2014 11:53:10 pm
      The modern society lacks character - it's as simple as that. Our lack of character stems from the materialistic lifestyles most of us choose to pursue. It's how society want's us to be - like robots.. and it shows at football games where the fans lack of imagination and boldness is quite apparent. What happened to all those wonderful songs we would sing from the first whistle to the last?

I have a bad feeling that in 20/30 years time, the atmosphere in football will be non-existent. Scary thoughts huh?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1861: Jan 03, 2014 06:37:13 am
      I wonder is this just an English problem? It certainly isn't a problem in Glasgow, Dortmond, Istanbul, South America ect!

We used to have a rather famous singing area called The Kop, now we have a sing when we're winning area called The Kop!

The supports in the Kop must take most of the blame when Anfield goes quiet. Bottom line for me, don't sit it the Kop if you're not going to do it justice.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1862: Jan 03, 2014 07:13:56 am
      I've said it before and I'll keep saying it ...
      1, Ticket allocation should be offered to more localised supporters, say 60%

2, controversial I know but we need to get back to standing terracing, all seater stadia has killed the atmosphere at football grounds, no doubt about that at all.

3 mobile phones should be switched off and anyone caught using theirs during either halves should be shamed  & embarrassed by flashing their faces on the big screens, and made to feel very very lonely indeed by fellow supporters around them,

If you want to take pics get in early and take them while players are warming up , we need to create a culture where it's taboo to use your phone at such events , a bit like anti-smoking has done, it's socially unacceptable

4, Ticket prices are way to high for your average joe, the powers that be are slowly turning a once proud working class occasion into a prawn sandwich brigade day trip with the chance seeing your ugly mug on tv,
       give back our sport where it's a pie & bovril, preceded by several jars of ale, followed by more ale after the 90, where u can either cry into your beer or rejoice by belting out all the songs of your club , sing yourself hoarse then go home and puke all over the dog ,(she would be f***in livid)the dog wisnae to happy either, happy happy days.

YNWA

Quick Reply