Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The huge Anfield problem

Read 311151 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #1932: Jan 31, 2014 07:36:50 am
      Cracking atmosphere. That's what we need at every home game for the rest of the season and beyond. Can only see it happening when the big boys come to town, though.

The rendition of YNWA was amazing.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1933: Apr 13, 2014 09:33:57 pm
      So er, yeah. The problem is, we haven't challenged for the league title for a while?..
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1934: Apr 13, 2014 10:05:49 pm
      It's a big problem for the away fans , they can't be heard .
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1935: Apr 14, 2014 07:40:40 pm
      So er, yeah. The problem is, we haven't challenged for the league title for a while?..

From someone whose first league was Paisley's last .... you have been transported back in time, to when "standing" on the kop meant going 10 steps down, 12 across and back up a few when we scored, where once we saw King Kenny play, and could he play

This is Anfield.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1936: Apr 14, 2014 08:58:43 pm
      From someone whose first league was Paisley's last .... you have been transported back in time, to when "standing" on the kop meant going 10 steps down, 12 across and back up a few when we scored, where once we saw King Kenny play, and could he play

This is Anfield.

To be on the Kop when Paisley was manager is something I can only dream of as I was born in 77, but I was in the Kop in the mid 80's and I definitely felt back there yesterday la!!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1937: Apr 14, 2014 09:14:07 pm

We won't have that problem again for a while

;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1938: Apr 14, 2014 09:19:12 pm
      We won't have that problem again for a while

;)

Is right mate.

To see the ground bouncing before kick off yesterday and then step it up a gear when the game kicked off, it was full of nostalgia and a big statement to the rest of the league.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1939: Apr 14, 2014 09:47:57 pm

65 pages of "WTF?!" and now it all seems so simple :D
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1940: Apr 15, 2014 01:50:10 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1941: Apr 15, 2014 06:16:57 pm
      probably needs closing now as Anfield has finally found its voice again
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1942: Apr 15, 2014 10:10:12 pm
      probably needs closing now as Anfield has finally found its voice again

Yep, it seems like we oonly sing when we're winning.   :f_whistle: >:D :P
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1943: Apr 17, 2014 07:11:50 pm
      Yep, it seems like we oonly sing when we're winning.   :f_whistle: >:D :P

and we have been singing an awful lot of late
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1944: Apr 17, 2014 11:48:36 pm
      Pft all we needed was a title run  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1945: Apr 17, 2014 11:54:39 pm
      Pft all we needed was a title run  ;D

;D

...   and of course ..... we don't install microphones around the ground like at the Old Toilet to amplify the sound.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1946: Apr 18, 2014 12:09:13 am
      ;D

...   and of course ..... we don't install microphones around the ground like at the Old Toilet to amplify the sound.

The only amplifier we need is 40,000 Scoucers watching a damn good team playing football Skip  ;D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1947: Apr 19, 2014 04:13:36 pm
      Cant wait to have these new expansion pics confirmed once we have more seats we will have even more noise, lets just hope this continues into next season and even if we have bad spells we cant go back to some of the games where the ground was quiet as a church. #makeusdream #wegonorwich
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1948: May 12, 2014 03:36:40 pm
      There was a fella in the Kop (102 I think) who filmed the majority of the game yesterday on his ipad!

If you read this, you are a disgrace!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1949: May 12, 2014 03:44:07 pm
      A battery of surface - to - air missiles possibly needed on top of the Kop stand to take out stray manc planes!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1950: May 12, 2014 03:47:43 pm
      There was a fella in the Kop (102 I think) who filmed the majority of the game yesterday on his ipad!

If you read this, you are a disgrace!

Why am I a disgrace?
      All I did was read a post god damn it!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1951: Aug 18, 2014 08:01:02 am
      Awful atmosphere yesterday, felt more like a pre-season game than the first game of a new season!

Was surrounded by clueless day trippers including one lad who thought Johnson was Sakho and a girl who asked her boyfriend why a corner had to be taken "all the way over there"??

I'm getting tired of moaning about this but it hurts me to see what our great club has become.

I've been going on the Kop for over 15 years but was stuck in the Main Stand yesterday (with my mate in the row behind as I couldn't get two together) and seeing people on the Kop with those big foam hands and ipads just pisses me off.

The atmosphere pre match in the Park was bouncing and it's deflating when you get into the ground as its just so flat. Trying to get songs going is just impossible.

I've always prided myself as a Red and on the fact we had our own ways of supporting which made us different from most other clubs. Seems those days have now gone and club just aren't interested as long as they can "sell" the Anfield experience!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1952: Aug 18, 2014 09:09:55 am
      Awful atmosphere yesterday, felt more like a pre-season game than the first game of a new season!

Was surrounded by clueless day trippers including one lad who thought Johnson was Sakho and a girl who asked her boyfriend why a corner had to be taken "all the way over there"??

I'm getting tired of moaning about this but it hurts me to see what our great club has become.

I've been going on the Kop for over 15 years but was stuck in the Main Stand yesterday (with my mate in the row behind as I couldn't get two together) and seeing people on the Kop with those big foam hands and ipads just pisses me off.

The atmosphere pre match in the Park was bouncing and it's deflating when you get into the ground as its just so flat. Trying to get songs going is just impossible.

I've always prided myself as a Red and on the fact we had our own ways of supporting which made us different from most other clubs. Seems those days have now gone and club just aren't interested as long as they can "sell" the Anfield experience!

Johnson was Sakho.......that's a classic Kelvo!

Its the age old debate but surely there were enough "scousers" in the ground yesterday to sing rather than the odd thousand day trippers that didn't?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1953: Aug 18, 2014 09:24:27 am
      Its the age old debate but surely there were enough "scousers" in the ground yesterday to sing rather than the odd thousand day trippers that didn't?

I'm not a Scouser SM but I've been lucky enough to be a regular for years. I don't think it matters where you come from as there were 4 or 5 Scouse lads in front of me who turned up 5 minutes late and left on around 80 minutes. Apart from giggle and text on their phones throughout, they didn't seem to contribute to the "atmosphere" at all.

Don't know what the answer is but maybe the club could start by making the Kop based on previous loyalty or something? Also think they should try general admission to certain blocks within the Kop so at least groups of mates can sit / stand together.

I  still feel privileged to have any sort of ticket for a game and would never take it for granted but surely you should earn the stripes to be on the Kop.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1954: Aug 18, 2014 09:32:30 am
      I'm not a Scouser SM but I've been lucky enough to be a regular for years. I don't think it matters where you come from as there were 4 or 5 Scouse lads in front of me who turned up 5 minutes late and left on around 80 minutes. Apart from giggle and text on their phones throughout, they didn't seem to contribute to the "atmosphere" at all.

Don't know what the answer is but maybe the club could start by making the Kop based on previous loyalty or something? Also think they should try general admission to certain blocks within the Kop so at least groups of mates can sit / stand together.

I  still feel privileged to have any sort of ticket for a game and would never take it for granted but surely you should earn the stripes to be on the Kop.

I wasn't disagreeing mate I just don't know what the answer is either.

Im an OOT but have been travelling to games for 25 years now and like you feel privileged to get a ticket but I have also been on the Kop and Centenary and started to sing and had funny looks chucked my way, now im a bit of an ugly block headed f**ker but im sure it wasn't for that, it was more of a "what the F**k are you doing singing" look...very strange.

I've also sat in the Anny Road end with other OOT's - we tend to get placed together somewhat - and the singing has been excellent.

Tough one to answer.

Quick Reply