Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The huge Anfield problem

Read 311044 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #2438: Jan 21, 2017 11:47:12 pm
      F***ing graveyard of a place.

Sitting their expecting to be entertained like a bunch of prawn sandwich munchers.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #2439: Jan 21, 2017 11:59:14 pm
      I think when the You'll never walk alone was being played on in the start, I didn't even saw 5 guys singing it in the stand they were showing on the T.V., and I mean they were showing like quite a few people. I was quite gobsmacked to see that TBH.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2440: Jan 22, 2017 12:13:33 am
      I blame HamannsTheMan!
      Kopite78
      Reply #2441: Jan 22, 2017 12:13:42 am
      I think when the You'll never walk alone was being played on in the start, I didn't even saw 5 guys singing it in the stand they were showing on the T.V., and I mean they were showing like quite a few people. I was quite gobsmacked to see that TBH.

I'm sure if the TV companies wanted to they could focus  on more than '5 guys singing it'

Again, if you got the ground you'd see and you could add to it
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #2442: Jan 22, 2017 12:18:59 am
      I'm sure if the TV companies wanted to they could focus  on more than '5 guys singing it'

Again, if you got the ground you'd see and you could add to it
      I'm pretty sure I will, but it was quite less than usual, but then again, you have the whole game to see that the crowd only woke up after going 2-0 down.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2443: Jan 22, 2017 12:23:00 am
      F***ing graveyard of a place.

Sitting their expecting to be entertained like a bunch of prawn sandwich munchers.

I agree with the point you make. But when it costs as much as it does these days then I'm afraid it will never ever ever change unless it's for a huge game or we are in the title chase.

Money has ruined the game I'm afraid.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2444: Jan 22, 2017 12:58:00 am
      Living across the pond and being there twice first time fulfilling a lifetime dream sitting in the Kop I was mortified by the attitude and lack of desire from those around me at the once famous Kop.

Yea it's always easy to blame it on the day trippers, but they make a very small portion of the game day population. There's no denying it the atmosphere has been dire Klopp has asked for it and acknowledged it multiple times also.

Suggest you have a look at other leagues across the continent as a reference point for great atmosphere, even in Seria A wetter games don't sell out the atmosphere is through the roof in quarter empty stadiums.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2445: Jan 22, 2017 01:03:16 am
      I agree with the point you make. But when it costs as much as it does these days then I'm afraid it will never ever ever change unless it's for a huge game or we are in the title chase.

Money has ruined the game I'm afraid.

We were in a title race mate.

Our fans are like our team - game raisers in big games, complacent and expectant in most of the others.

Last time I sat in the KOP a fella passed me a joint - I reckon they're all still stoned on that today. Zombies.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2446: Jan 22, 2017 01:09:19 am
      Living across the pond and being there twice first time fulfilling a lifetime dream sitting in the Kop I was mortified by the attitude and lack of desire from those around me at the once famous Kop.

Yea it's always easy to blame it on the day trippers, but they make a very small portion of the game day population. There's no denying it the atmosphere has been dire Klopp has asked for it and acknowledged it multiple times also.

Suggest you have a look at other leagues across the continent as a reference point for great atmosphere, even in Seria A wetter games don't sell out the atmosphere is through the roof in quarter empty stadiums.

There's a lot of differences why our league to others are different

I'm sure if you think you can think without it being pointed out.
      Like I said earlier all those concerned why don't you go to anfield?  :confused-smiley-013:

Make some noise?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #2447: Jan 22, 2017 04:18:12 am

Like I said earlier all those concerned why don't you go to anfield?  :confused-smiley-013:

Make some noise?

Well I can't do it, can I? Living about 5000 miles away, whilst not being born with a golden spoon, its not easy to ask as to why don't you go to Anfield. For me it would require years to actually get to a financial position to even consider going there. But on the same time, calling out those present in the match for not creating a good atmosphere is hardly a blasphemy.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2448: Jan 22, 2017 06:11:56 am

Our fans are like our team - game raisers in big games, complacent and expectant in most of the others.

Last time I sat in the KOP a fella passed me a joint - I reckon they're all still stoned on that today. Zombies.

I actually did think that as soon as I posted it, just couldn't be arsed to go back and edit it :D

I remember a few years back I was in the Kop and was next to this bloke from Nottingham, the entire game he moaned and then fu**ed off early.

I honestly don't know what the solution is though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2449: Jan 22, 2017 08:05:42 am
      FL Red flying in won't change it alone, I can guarantee that.

The few times I get to go I actually feel embarrassed singing and shouting sometimes due to some of the looks you get for doing it.

Easy to blame the day trippers but some of the locals are far worse from my experiences.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2450: Jan 22, 2017 08:37:41 am
      Library
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2451: Jan 22, 2017 08:45:13 am
      Could this be an age issue?, too many older supporters & less youngsters?..
      Kopite78
      Reply #2452: Jan 22, 2017 08:49:04 am
      FL Red flying in won't change it alone, I can guarantee that.

The few times I get to go I actually feel embarrassed singing and shouting sometimes due to some of the looks you get for doing it.

Easy to blame the day trippers but some of the locals are far worse from my experiences.

I'm honestly not blaming day trippers Dave, not one bit, everyone can go for me

Just it gets a bit tiresome at times reading about people who don't go moaning about the atmosphere game in game out

It's just a bit boring, copy paste moan about the atmosphere from people who have never even set foot in the ground

Anyone who wants to go can go, if they need help getting tickets people will help them I'm sure

It was Mags but same with you, you only live in Scotland right? Get down and add to it

If everyone who moans gets down there on match day and gets singing then it won't be flat and they can stop moaning and feel they've added to the atmosphere themselves

Rather than moan do something is my moto in everything in life as much as you can, and this is something you can do something about
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2453: Jan 22, 2017 08:54:26 am

Make some noise?

That's about as plausible as telling me to fly in don a kit and start playing on the field every time I criticize a players performance.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2454: Jan 22, 2017 09:00:05 am
      I'm honestly not blaming day trippers Dave, not one bit, everyone can go for me

Just it gets a bit tiresome at times reading about people who don't go moaning about the atmosphere game in game out

It's just a bit boring, copy paste moan about the atmosphere from people who have never even set foot in the ground

Anyone who wants to go can go, if they need help getting tickets people will help them I'm sure

It was Mags but same with you, you only live in Scotland right? Get down and add to it

If everyone who moans gets down there on match day and gets singing then it won't be flat and they can stop moaning and feel they've added to the atmosphere themselves

Rather than moan do something is my moto in everything in life as much as you can, and this is something you can do something about

You're right mate, I am trying to get down.

I think the majority in there are forgetting you'll never walk alone is our motto and not sing when you're winning.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #2455: Jan 22, 2017 02:14:28 pm
      I'm pretty sure I will, but it was quite less than usual, but then again, you have the whole game to see that the crowd only woke up after going 2-0 down.
      So did the f***in team lad
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #2456: Jan 22, 2017 08:36:40 pm
      There are many reasons ,looking back to the kops hey day in the sixties,all standing and swaying singing the beatles tunes etc.Then the all seated stadium comes in , along with  local fans being replaced with fans from ,well out with a Liverpool post code area ,lets be honest a local fan who could have held a season ticket for years ,could give it up tommorow and the club would not give a dam.They know there are pleanty day trippers there whom buy into the whole merchandise,hospitality thing but the club see it as a buisness, i have been travelling down from Scotland from the early seventies in hope of buying a ticket on the day if i dont get one i go and watch it in the  sandown and just enjoy the occasion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2457: Jan 23, 2017 03:19:26 am

sh*t, hope that happens to me next time I get to Anfield.  :D

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2458: Jan 23, 2017 07:31:43 pm
      Ok.

I've offered this to a couple of people via PM but they couldn't make it for different reasons so I thought I would do it here:

I have a spare ticket for the semifinal on Wednesday. It's a seat next to me in the Kop. I'd love to pass it on to someone from the forum who might not habitually be able to attend games at Anfield.

So let me know if anyone is interested. If you have just joined the forum or got only 5 posts, please don't bother - nothing personal, I'd just like to help someone who is regular here, if possible.

EDIT: aaand it's gone! No longer available
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017 08:12:46 pm by Diego LFC »
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2459: Jan 23, 2017 08:29:02 pm
      Ok.

I've offered this to a couple of people via PM but they couldn't make it for different reasons so I thought I would do it here:

I have a spare ticket for the semifinal on Wednesday. It's a seat next to me in the Kop. I'd love to pass it on to someone from the forum who might not habitually be able to attend games at Anfield.

So let me know if anyone is interested. If you have just joined the forum or got only 5 posts, please don't bother - nothing personal, I'd just like to help someone who is regular here, if possible.

EDIT: aaand it's gone! No longer available

Fair play Diego, hope they're good company whoever they are!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2460: Jan 25, 2017 05:26:09 pm
      How the f**k would you know? Sitting across the pond having never been to the place?

F***ing love all these pricks slagging the place off watching on Internet steams and tv all over the world

Was quiet on my stream to,even the welsh!  :throw: you'd hope it'll be loud today,i'll be watching on the telly.

Quick Reply