Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The huge Anfield problem

Read 310200 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #69: Nov 07, 2008 09:53:50 pm
      I don't think it's a question of scousers vs out of towners because the truth is there's praise and blame on both sides. There's scousers takin up the seats of fans when they don't have the foggiest about footy, they're just there because their boy/girl friend has taken them for a day out or are the more upper class scouser who is ashamed to make any noise in case Lord Snooty sees them. I know a fair few out of towners who sing their hearts out non stop when they're at the game, but there's also those who sit there itchin to get a picture of the Kop. If that's all you're there for, then look on google, there's a million and one pictures of the Kop.

Likewise I don't think it's a question of season ticket holders vs non season ticket holders, because again there's praise and blame on both sides there.

For me, it's just too many genuine fans can't afford to go anymore (or decide not to while the yanks are in charge of the club) so the seats are in fact being taken up by people who are there for their own benifit rather than love for the club. It's a shame really.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #70: Nov 08, 2008 12:18:03 am
      ^^ Agree in parts DLS.

A lot of whops at Anfield.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #71: Nov 09, 2008 12:44:38 pm
      Block 306 in the Kop was very good yesterday, put the RTK block to shame to be fair - although looking around it looked depressing as ever. 

It's as if there are two Kop's now - the front and the back are like two different stands.

Looked depressing around the rest of the ground as well although the Anny Road upper looked like it had it's moments.

Although I learned later that both 'Keano' and 'Who are ya' were two of their chants.

For the love of God - if you're not going to sing at the match don't bother getting a Kop ticket.  Actually don't bother getting a ticket.
      « Last Edit: Nov 10, 2008 01:45:00 am by JD »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #72: Nov 09, 2008 12:46:57 pm
      Couldn't get a ticket for West Brom. From what I heard through my TV our lot had our up and down moments.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #73: Nov 09, 2008 12:49:57 pm
      Oh and yet again good to see the morons who leave early missing another goal, and the best one of the match to boot. ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #74: Nov 09, 2008 01:20:45 pm
      I expected the 5.30 kick off to help improve the atmosphere as a few extra beverages before the game can help loosen the vocal chords but obviously not with some of our crowd.

Also noticed a divide in the crowd with what song was being sung. When nando came on you could here some singing his song while other sang the Keane song. Sounded silly
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #75: Nov 09, 2008 08:17:42 pm
      Block 307 in the Kop was very good yesterday, put the RTK block to shame to be fair - although looking around it looked depressing as ever. 

It's as if there are two Kop's now - the front and the back are like two different stands.

Looked depressing around the rest of the ground as well although the Anny Road upper looked like it had it's moments.

Although I learned later that both 'Keano' and 'Who are ya' were two of their chants.

For the love of God - if you're not going to sing at the match don't bother getting a Kop ticket.  Actually don't bother getting a ticket.

I was in 305 and me and the bloke next to me wouldn't stop the Rafa Rafa Benitez song non stop for about 20 mins in the second half.

Loved every second of it... 305, 306 and 307.... was rocking... BUT way too much of the rest of Anfield was a library... so unusual for a team winning a game that was taking them to the top of the league.

Feck me... some people should just stay at home and allow other people to create some atmosphere that goes with the traditions of our Anfield.

My lad was sat in the Paddock with a mate from Madrid and his nephew... and he said he could hardly hear people speak english around him... enough said.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #76: Nov 10, 2008 01:37:55 am
      Didn't know you we're over Don.

You could have bought me that pint you owe me. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #77: Nov 10, 2008 01:39:43 am
      I was in 305 and me and the bloke next to me wouldn't stop the Rafa Rafa Benitez song non stop for about 20 mins in the second half.

Aye - we were involved in that one as well.  Smigger was responsible for the 'whoo' after the (And Arbeloa). ;)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #78: Nov 10, 2008 01:46:26 am
      Seriously though who are the idiots that chant Keanooooo ffs if there is any fan with a season ticket chanting that they deserve  to have it confiscated. You could bloody hear the chants clearly on the box.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #79: Nov 10, 2008 02:10:10 am
      Seriously though who are the idiots that chant Keanooooo ffs if there is any fan with a season ticket chanting that they deserve  to have it confiscated. You could bloody hear the chants clearly on the box.

Anny Road nobends.

Most of the PTS ticket holders are Irish and this is the end of the ground they tend to congregate in.  Just because they may sing it when he's playing for Ireland - they need to knock it on the head. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #80: Nov 10, 2008 07:29:05 am
      Anny Road nobends.

Most of the PTS ticket holders are Irish and this is the end of the ground they tend to congregate in.  Just because they may sing it when he's playing for Ireland - they need to knock it on the head. 

It must be daytrippers cos if they were regular match goers they would quite clearly hear the "his names not f**kin Keano" song by now. Tossers
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #81: Nov 10, 2008 09:54:36 am
      I watche the game on the box with the missus family, they started shouting Kean-o and I flipped ;D. They go to Anfield bout 10 times a year, and they sing their hearts out and appreciate everything but that error was schoolboy. I tend to go up bout 5 times a year but make sure I know all the words before I go.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #82: Nov 10, 2008 10:03:10 am
      I heard Every other Saturday being sung whilst, so the Kop must of been in reasonable voice as you dont often hear that on the telly
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #83: Nov 10, 2008 10:05:38 am
      It was shot down pretty quick. At least by those in the back of the Kop.

Elements of our support are gobs***e.  We posted a topic about it on Anfield Online and we had people saying 'It's Keano'.

They'll learn.

I prefer the 'Liverpool's number 7' line to 'His name's not F***ing Kean-o' myself.
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #84: Nov 10, 2008 12:26:38 pm
      Anny Road nobends.

I was in the corner of centenary and anny rd, Loads of Irish incl myslef my bf and his 2 mates! It was mixed though have to confess we did sing keano for the first goal  :f_doh: but then we joined in with the his names not F***ing keano! As someone else said, at the Ireland games that's what we call him! Won't be making that mistake again :angel:
      atmosphere was mixed too were we were, at one point it was only me and my bf's mate singing  ???

alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #85: Nov 10, 2008 12:34:27 pm

I made a point with the lad next to me either side in 208 to start the 'His names not f**king Keano...' Chant.
      You could see the looks on faces of people who were thinking who are these gobshites singing 'Keano'?
      And the numb idiots did again when he scored no.2.  Did they not listen the first time?

Maybe its time for RTK to print out 'hymn sheets' for people to look at.
      Things to chant, things NOT to chant.   
      Anyone agree or disagree?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #86: Nov 10, 2008 01:01:34 pm
      I

If Keane himself came out and said " Dont sing Keano sing his names not keano" the same cabbages would still arrive at Anfield and sing keano anyway. Why? Cos these people dont want to learn anything  they just want to sait in Anfield and say they were there. Its actually getting right on my tits this now. Camera on the Kemlyn on Saturday for a throw for us half the crowd who were on camera looked like they didnt want to be there for f**k sake
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #87: Nov 10, 2008 01:07:07 pm

It's a little small time. Bit like Chelsea banging out the flags for their side to create an atmosphere.

Saying that, are we that far off when it comes to the lack of chanting? Pisses a lot of people off at the minute and something needs to be done.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #88: Nov 10, 2008 02:31:34 pm

This debate has been on EVERY Liverpool forum, and carried on nearly EVERY Liverpool website.  Some fans, obviously not the ones who have gone to the effort of registering on this forum, just have no connection with the club apart from their occasional weekend jolly in Liverpool.  If people got involved more in the debates then this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

You really have to wonder how limited some of these supporters knowledge of Liverpool songs must actually be if they couldn't even learn after the first goal.

Makes me mad, and I know it makes a lot of other Liverpool fans mad as well.  It's never good when fellow fans are booing fellow fans for being idiots.
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #89: Nov 10, 2008 04:24:13 pm
      Makes me mad, and I know it makes a lot of other Liverpool fans mad as well.  It's never good when fellow fans are booing fellow fans for being idiots.

:laugh: at that!!
      But your right!
      I have to say I was well pissed off at the four/five lads sitting in front of me, actually a little embarrased coz I know they were irish but I don't even think they sang YNWA  ::) they just sat there for the whole game, I can't really remember coz I was jumping up and down but don't remember them celebrating the goals much either, why would you even go in that case  :mad: seriously, my brother would have loved to come with me and my best mate but we only had 4 tickets and I'm sure there's plenty more ppl that would have lovin to go and sing there hearts out and get right behind the team but what can you do??
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #90: Nov 10, 2008 07:14:23 pm
      Might of been a decade ago now, that some of the lyrics to some of the songs were usually printed in the fanzines, as well as the old leaflets that would advertise flag days!

Also got to agree about the Robbie song, the point was made against PSV, would much prefer singing Liverpool's number 7, to his name's not F***ing Keano - just sounds a tad embarrasing.for

And while were at it, we need something better for our captain!
      « Last Edit: Nov 10, 2008 07:22:19 pm by HUYTON RED »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #91: Nov 11, 2008 12:59:48 am
      Well you'll all be glad to know that a Celtic fan is comin to Anfield when we play Fulham and has just asked me (on msn) for the words to our songs. His cousin has apparently got him into supportin the only side who deserve to sing You'll Never Walk Alone. I gave him the link to the songs on the site.

Well if a Celtic fan is prepared to learn our songs, there's no reason on god's green land why our own fans can't know them.

Quick Reply