Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The huge Anfield problem

Read 311229 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #2001: Sep 17, 2014 07:57:31 pm
      No, I'm not scouse and I've never even been to Liverpool, but that doesn't make me a glory hunter and it doesn't take away from my passion.  Sure, I can't relate the way a local does, where the club represents where you're from as well, but I still love and support the club the best way I know how.  Maybe some of the people sitting on their hands in the stands have gotten to the point where take for granted being able to attend games.  When I finally get to a game, I'm not going to sit on my hands and act bored. 

That also doesn't make you any less of a fan either, and I am not into labeling as I'm not local either. Fortunately I have access to get tickets to a few games a year, and only have to fly over the Irish Sea to get to a game though. Being honest I think we actually have a tonne of passionate supporters from all over the world who unfortunately can't afford to get here or not able to get access to tickets.

Liverpool F.C. & 95,000 Australian fans sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" FULL Dolby MCG July 24,2013

This makes me happy, seeing so many fans pack in to a stadium and produce this level of noise so far away from home.

The same in Malaysia and Indonesia (I think) when we had our tour of Asia in 2013.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2002: Sep 17, 2014 07:59:52 pm
      If you want a good sing song go to any of the ale houses round Anfield on match day because that is where the genuine fans are. Some of them go the game, a fair few don't but still make a racket in the pub while the game is on.

Chances are, you're not gonna get some stuck up c**t taking his business partner for a pint in the Park or the Albert etc. They're gonna be in the Boot Room (an overpriced, not all that nice restaurant by the way) or the Isla Gladstone.

Apologies for the double post.

I agree with this also. Was in the Arkles for the Newcastle game at the end of last season and had a blast. The place was rocking.

Just wish we could get Anfield going the same way. Hard when ticket prices are so high that most fans who would cause that kind of atmosphere are priced out of going.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #2003: Sep 17, 2014 08:05:59 pm
      What are you on about?

Where do you get that idea from this quote?

I don't know why you can't understand a straightforward point. These people follow the team because it's been on the telly and other media and so it's famous  They want to be part of something that's nothing to do with them for reflected glory. I'd be happy for you to tell me where and how I've got things wrong.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #2004: Sep 17, 2014 08:10:52 pm
      Gloryhunters aplenty follow the club your deluded though if you think these are the ones arsed to go to games. Why the fook would they fork out all that money when nearly every Liverpool game is on the box? Don't be soft.

If you are a local you should find the affection "your" club has from people around the world. The attention it gives "your" city to.

We we've always done sound without a load of weirdos copying us.Why would I be arsed unless I had some business to milk the tourists?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2005: Sep 17, 2014 08:24:59 pm
      I don't know why you can't understand a straightforward point. These people follow the team because it's been on the telly and other media and so it's famous  They want to be part of something that's nothing to do with them for reflected glory. I'd be happy for you to tell me where and how I've got things wrong.
      I'm Irish and have been supporting Liverpool for nearly 30 years,  I started supporting them after hearing kids at my school talking about Rush and Dalglish, they were the first team I ever watched on TV,  I knew nothing about their history or their fans when I chose them as my team. I have enjoyed watching every goal,  and felt depressed after every heartbreaking defeat. If Liverpool get relegated to the third division I will still support them!  Am I still a glory hunter?

Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #2006: Sep 17, 2014 08:29:30 pm
      I'm Irish and have been supporting Liverpool for nearly 30 years,  I started supporting them after hearing kids at my school talking about Rush and Dalglish, they were the first team I ever watched on TV,  I knew nothing about their history or their fans when I chose them as my team. I have enjoyed watching every goal,  and felt depressed after every heartbreaking defeat. If Liverpool get relegated to the third division I will still support them!  Am I still a glory hunter?

Probably yes. Tbf there were some decent lads from Ireland who had to really f**k around on ferries and that to see a game. So if you were like that I couldn't call you a glory hunter in fairness. They didn't act like the second coming for following a team either. The wacky leprechaun stag firms are a different thing.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2007: Sep 17, 2014 08:33:59 pm

Because your point is not straightforward.

I highlighted a passage from your post, which I feel is incorrect.
      And even in the recent past we've still won more trophies than a couple of clubs
      You are suggesting that we have glory hunters as we have won trophies in the recent past. Now for me, the recent past is less than 10 years.

As I stated
      In the recent past, we have won the Carling Cup in 2012, you have to go back another 6 years for another trophy.

Not the CV for a glory hunter if you ask me.

Now one trophy, is I'll agree, more trophies than most teams, but it is not an quantity that would by any means attract glory hunters.

You then change the time scale, by adding

The sacrifices these people make are amazing.Are you really trying to make out that they don't follow us cos of fame and history?If you are I don't believe you.

I repeat the fact that our recent trophy haul is not good by any stretch, and query the sacrifice point with

Sacrifices? Lost me there.

Are you trying to to words in my mouth?

You said "And even in the recent past we've still won more trophies than a couple of clubs. They follow the club for the reflected glory and for the kudos and showing off at the office.

We have won one trophy in 9 years. That would not attract a glory hunter, City would as they are Johnny come lately in the trophy winning department.

Your reply

I said sacrifices because of the way you're trying to make out that these people are altruistic   You know full well that they geg on to the club because of the way it helps them see themselves as big time top fans.All the songs history and general fame attracts them as much as the trophies.

How am I trying to make out that these people are altruistic? Hence

What are you on about?

And we are back

I feel my comments are straightforward, but yours seem to be disjointed, and argumentative.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2008: Sep 17, 2014 08:37:58 pm

Probably yes. Tbf there were some decent lads from Ireland who had to really F**k around on ferries and that to see a game. So if you were like that I couldn't call you a glory hunter in fairness. They didn't act like the second coming for following a team either.
      Thankfully you're an obvious WUM and won't last long on this forum, so at least we won't have to put up with your self righteous bullshit for too long.  But just because you have a season ticket (allegedly) doesn't make you a good supporter, I bet you're the first one to start shouting abuse at the players when they under perform, judging by your lack of respect for your fellow fans on here,  I'd say that's true!

Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #2009: Sep 17, 2014 08:48:31 pm
      Thankfully you're an obvious WUM and won't last long on this forum, so at least we won't have to put up with your self righteous bullshit for too long.  But just because you have a season ticket (allegedly) doesn't make you a good supporter, I bet you're the first one to start shouting abuse at the players when they under perform, judging by your lack of respect for your fellow fans on here,  I'd say that's true!

I don't think you'd know what's true from a hole in your hoop. You asked me a question I replied without any malice. I even threw in a few good words for fellas from Ireland I used to know a bit. You still go on like some jilted diva. Did you even read the reply?wtf is wrong with some of you people?
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #2010: Sep 17, 2014 08:52:50 pm
      Because your point is not straightforward.

I highlighted a passage from your post, which I feel is incorrect.
      And even in the recent past we've still won more trophies than a couple of clubs
      You are suggesting that we have glory hunters as we have won trophies in the recent past. Now for me, the recent past is less than 10 years.

As I stated
      In the recent past, we have won the Carling Cup in 2012, you have to go back another 6 years for another trophy.

Not the CV for a glory hunter if you ask me.

Now one trophy, is I'll agree, more trophies than most teams, but it is not an quantity that would by any means attract glory hunters.

You then change the time scale, by adding

The sacrifices these people make are amazing.Are you really trying to make out that they don't follow us cos of fame and history?If you are I don't believe you.

I repeat the fact that our recent trophy haul is not good by any stretch, and query the sacrifice point with

Sacrifices? Lost me there.

Are you trying to to words in my mouth?

You said "And even in the recent past we've still won more trophies than a couple of clubs. They follow the club for the reflected glory and for the kudos and showing off at the office.

We have won one trophy in 9 years. That would not attract a glory hunter, City would as they are Johnny come lately in the trophy winning department.

Your reply

I said sacrifices because of the way you're trying to make out that these people are altruistic   You know full well that they geg on to the club because of the way it helps them see themselves as big time top fans.All the songs history and general fame attracts them as much as the trophies.

How am I trying to make out that these people are altruistic? Hence

What are you on about?

And we are back

I feel my comments are straightforward, but yours seem to be disjointed, and argumentative.

You've been doing too many spreadsheets or office crap and lost the ability to understand easy things. You know what I'm saying if you don't half this board seem to going in how many knickers are in a twist.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2011: Sep 17, 2014 09:16:59 pm
      I don't think you'd know what's true from a hole in your hoop. You asked me a question I replied without any malice. I even threw in a few good words for fellas from Ireland I used to know a bit. You still go on like some jilted diva. Did you even read the reply?wtf is wrong with some of you people?
      Ireland thanks you for your kind words, even if you consider us lesser supports than yourself!

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #2012: Sep 17, 2014 10:06:22 pm
      You've been doing too many spreadsheets or office crap and lost the ability to understand easy things. You know what I'm saying if you don't half this board seem to going in how many knickers are in a twist.

You still here....... I am surprised.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2013: Sep 17, 2014 10:10:11 pm
      You can be sure there will be no problem with the atmosphere when we face Madrid.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2014: Sep 17, 2014 10:35:23 pm
      You can be sure there will be no problem with the atmosphere when we face Madrid.

Would hope not. I'd kill to be at that game.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2015: Sep 17, 2014 10:38:18 pm
      Would hope not. I'd kill to be at that game.

If only I had a spare ticket, I got one or two people you could bump off for me.  ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2016: Sep 23, 2014 08:14:16 pm
      What a fooking sh*te atmosphere. And don't anyone dare blame daytrippers or ooters. Its a Tuesday night league cup tie there wont be that many there. Plenty of locals keeping it quiet tonight

Boro fans are bang on our support is fooking s*it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2017: Sep 23, 2014 08:40:14 pm
      What a fooking sh*te atmosphere. And don't anyone dare blame daytrippers or ooters. Its a Tuesday night league cup tie there wont be that many there. Plenty of locals keeping it quiet tonight

Boro fans are bang on our support is fooking s*it

and you don't think people travel because its an evening kick off.~ The "locals" have long since been denied the opportunity ever since all ticket matches were introduced.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      Reply #2018: Sep 23, 2014 08:49:40 pm
      and you don't think people travel because its an evening kick off.~ The "locals" have long since been denied the opportunity ever since all ticket matches were introduced.

if you think that crowd is full of tourists your in denial
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2019: Sep 23, 2014 09:59:03 pm
      if you think that crowd is full of tourists your in denial

if you think people who live in Anfield and the surrounding areas can afford these prices despite the club being built on their support you don't know the history of this club
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      Reply #2020: Sep 23, 2014 10:02:55 pm
      if you think people who live in Anfield and the surrounding areas can afford these prices despite the club being built on their support you don't know the history of this club

No I don't do I haven't the first fooking notion of the club and its history, F**k sake
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2021: Sep 23, 2014 10:15:51 pm
      League games - sh*te.

Cup games - sh*te.

European games - sh*te.

We've all read the arguments for tourists and locals but no matter what the crowd is made up of its sh*te.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2022: Sep 23, 2014 10:22:17 pm
      No I don't do I haven't the first fooking notion of the club and its history, f**k sake

so you think the good people of Anfield are already queuing up for the £120 hospitality tickets
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      Reply #2023: Sep 23, 2014 10:24:31 pm
      so you think the good people of Anfield are already queuing up for the £120 hospitality tickets

sorry didn't know it was 40000 hospitality tickets only

Quick Reply