Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nathan Eccleston Player Thread

Read 41471 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Nathan Eccleston
      Reply #23: Nov 12, 2009 10:14:22 pm
      People saying he has turned down a contract but providing no links.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Nov 12, 2009 10:16:39 pm
      It is actually on Lfc online so it is actually an article from this site.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Nov 12, 2009 10:20:13 pm
      It is actually on Lfc online so it is actually an article from this site.

It's Anfield-online this forum is with not Lfc online so it's not an article from this site. Unless I am mistaken....

Eccleston rejects new deal

Nathan Eccleston has rejected a new contract with Liverpool.

The 19-year old striker has broken into the first team this season, playing against Arsenal in the Carling Cup and Fulham in the Premier League.

Neither the player nor the club have yet commented on the subject.

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=472288

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #26: Nov 12, 2009 10:24:52 pm
      Really unfortunate...
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #27: Nov 12, 2009 10:25:28 pm
      I just hope that "the future" isn't 5 years away for these kids...if they are going to be good enough for a top team they need to be getting regular 1st team action before they are 20...if they are not ready by then they will likely never be quite good enough IMO. of course, there are always some players who are late bloomers but, in general, I think for LFC we need only the absolute cream and we should start using them as soon as possible or we may as well move them on ASAP.

sometimes we seem afraid to try them....maybe we need to be more like Arsenal...blood a few of them knowing we probably won't win anything for a year or two but look out after that? it's not like we're winning much anyway, right?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #28: Nov 12, 2009 11:45:24 pm

Very different players. Voronin plays off the striker, Ecclestone is more of a Torres-type.

Ecclestone looks great at reserve level these days, but doesn't mean he'll translate it to the first team.

Agreed but at his age they can adapt their game and the one thing he's got that Voronin hasn't, is the ability to find the net, despite his theoretical position in the team.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #29: Nov 13, 2009 11:01:05 am
      I'll be dead mad if we lose him, what's the point in bringing these lads up from the Reserves if we're going to let them go before they even get a taste of proper first team football with the Reds.

These lads are the future of Liverpool Football Club, we need to nurture them. I just hope Nemeth comes back.

Spot on - I dont see much of the reserves or youth teams and rely on the posters on here for my updates but what you say applies to all these players - we have to start dangling the carrot in front of these players in the shape of the 1st team and the chance to play otherwise we run the risk of losing them.

As someone else has said on this thread we seem a little scared of chucking them in to the action.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #30: Nov 13, 2009 11:32:44 am
      It's Anfield-online this forum is with not Lfc online so it's not an article from this site. Unless I am mistaken....

Eccleston rejects new deal

Nathan Eccleston has rejected a new contract with Liverpool.

The 19-year old striker has broken into the first team this season, playing against Arsenal in the Carling Cup and Fulham in the Premier League.

Neither the player nor the club have yet commented on the subject.

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=472288

That's the only link I've seen for it.  If it's true then it's odd timing.  I'd be really surprised.  He's on the verge of breaking into the first team squad (at least while Nando's out) and is doing really well in the ressies this season.  I hope it's not true.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #31: Nov 13, 2009 02:21:57 pm
      Looks a great player in the making, but if he isn't going to accept a new deal and wants to leave for some odd reason, theres no point in playing him in the first team or the ressies. We want players who want to play for us.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #32: Nov 13, 2009 07:54:30 pm
      Mate was at the supporters club and Eccleston was asked why he wasn't in the squad for Lyon and he said it will come out soon.....
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #33: Nov 13, 2009 08:52:57 pm
      Maybe he thinks he will be overlooked for the first team squad like Nemeth, and thinks he would get better opportunities else where. God only knows, with the crippleing injuries we have at the moment, you would think players of his quality would at least get on the bench ahead of some of the mediocre players there. Must be disheartening with Rafa's history of promoting the youngsters.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 13, 2009 08:55:19 pm
      He's from Manc aint he?

So why reject the extension of the current stay  if your at one of the biggest clubs in the world?

I think with system we play as 1 striker upfront... these kids are thinking "What the hell are we doing here?" ... but he is only young...... he should be patient unless he wants to move to Accrington Stanley and play 1st team football..
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #35: Nov 14, 2009 12:25:30 am
      When does his current contract run out?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #36: Nov 14, 2009 12:26:25 am
      When Skrtel says so.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #37: Nov 14, 2009 12:31:10 am
      From what I've heard Nathan has got himself a particularly aggressive agent.

Combined with the fact he is from Manchester - could a Manchester club be about to throw a spanner in the works.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #38: Nov 14, 2009 12:35:38 am
      From what I've heard Nathan has got himself a particularly aggressive agent.

Combined with the fact he is from Manchester - could a Manchester club be about to throw a spanner in the works.

I'm thinking the same thing. I do hope it's not because he doesn't see his future here. Mind you if he doesn't he knows where he can go.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39: Dec 16, 2009 10:54:29 am
      Skysports.com understands Liverpool's promising striker Nathan Eccleston has agreed a new three-and-a-half year contract.

The former Bury trainee had been out of contract at the end of the season, but will now commit his long-term future to the Premier League giants.

The 18-year-old, who has been in impressive form with six goals in ten reserve team outings, is currently away with Liverpool's second string in Spain and will put pen-to-paper upon returning to England.

Lets hope this is true.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #40: Dec 16, 2009 11:12:44 am
      Yeah wonder what that was all about - the refusal to sign in the first place.

We all know his old man Bernie loves to take his time over deals and ends up getting far more money.

Look at that £200M 19 year Silverstone deal.  I bet he was involved.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #41: Dec 16, 2009 12:11:51 pm
      Good news if true.

Yeah wonder what that was all about - the refusal to sign in the first place.

We all know his old man Bernie loves to take his time over deals and ends up getting far more money.

Look at that £200M 19 year Silverstone deal.  I bet he was involved.

:lmao: !
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Nathan Eccleston Player Thread
      Reply #42: Dec 16, 2009 07:10:25 pm
      Any news on the lad and a new deal, has he been playing for the ressies recently?
      danielevans
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts | -4 
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2009 08:19:18 pm
      Apparently he may be on his way to Blackpool or Forest for some important 1st team experience, on loan.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Jan 10, 2010 01:49:53 pm
      Ah dear, I didn't see that, I modified it, is that okay?

Still credited to the same sh*te.

Deleted.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #45: Jan 10, 2010 01:50:53 pm
      Okay I deleted it, sorry about that, still if he has signed a new contract :D

Quick Reply