Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Houllier v Benitez

Read 30122 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Houllier v Benitez
      Reply #184: Apr 11, 2012 02:16:57 pm
      Mourinho had NO reason to complain. He got everything he wanted didn't he.

Well he got three cups, so yeah I suppose he did.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #185: Apr 11, 2012 02:17:20 pm
      Which perhaps shows what a great achievement it was for that tw*t mourinho ?

I would never deny that. Mourinho is a great manager and did great there, especially in his UCL win. Mancini was also there for a while, but he had the benefit of Calcio Caos, which weakened Italy's best team. 2 of his 3 titles in Italy were actually won by Juve and then given to Inter :D Mancini is a joke, I've been saying this for years, but this is a matter to Man City thread ;D

Inter squad was ageing badly when Mourinho left though, and it's showing. Jose is one of the very best but he only does what is best to his CV, he doesn't care about long term projects.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #186: Apr 11, 2012 02:19:10 pm
      Houllier v Benitez v Mourinho v some Inter Milan owner v Hicks v Gillett v Ghandi.

Above any of them, I'll take Kenny Dalglish. End of discussion. ;D
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #187: Apr 11, 2012 02:20:59 pm
      FFS the club publishes end of year Financial Accounts EVERY F***ing YEAR. To try to claim he didn't know or had no evidence is ridiculous. It was in the f**king papers every f**king day, Spanish as well as English. So for 4 years he never read a newspaper, never glanced at a headline :D

Why the F**k would he need to show people what they already have. Why would he tell anyone not to complain about the debt when everyone know's about it. Maybe he could sacked or jailed as an employee. Maybe like I said he publicly derided the owners for not investing and what was the reason they weren't investing? ergo he was publicly complaining about the debt ..it's really really simple mate. People do it all the time they complain against employees without giving the enployee the stick to beat them with
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #188: Apr 11, 2012 02:25:01 pm
      I would never deny that. Mourinho is a great manager and did great there, especially in his UCL win. Mancini was also there for a while, but he had the benefit of Calcio Caos, which weakened Italy's best team. 2 of his 3 titles in Italy were actually won by Juve and then given to Inter :D Mancini is a joke, I've been saying this for years, but this is a matter to Man City thread ;D

Inter squad was ageing badly when Mourinho left though, and it's showing. Jose is one of the very best but he only does what is best to his CV, he doesn't care about long term projects.

I don't suppose clubs mind his short- termism when it brings the rewards he seems to get.

People will always look to find ways to knock managers they don't like or excuses for managers they do.

I prefer trying to give managers time, but Rafa had 6 years at Liverpool which may have been a season short as I have said, but he had lost the dressing room, fell out with everyone and anyone and having such a bad season left him with no one to turn to. Not really surprising he was sacked, the mistake they made was appointing Roy and not Kenny, thankfully that has now been sorted.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #189: Apr 11, 2012 02:25:42 pm
      Saint, why do you keep saying Rafa never complained about the debt? I typed "rafa benitez debt" on google and quickly found this and this. ???
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #190: Apr 11, 2012 02:28:00 pm
      Well he got three cups, so yeah I suppose he did.

Like I said previously he won the CL because he sold Ibrahimovic who he didn't buy to Barca, and and got 5 world class players to add to a ver strong but old and experienced team to make 1 last assault on the CL. THey were the favourites with Barca. THey beat Barca with a lot of fortune. Mourinho was never building a dynasty there he was readying to get to Madrid.
      He uses the most money to get results that you would expect (Rafa got one player at INter a young player). Had rafa stayed and Moratti invested heavily in the winter break who knows. He wasn't going to get fu**ed over again and Moratti wasn't going to invest because he  doesn't have the money anymore.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #191: Apr 11, 2012 02:29:07 pm
      Why the f**k would he need to show people what they already have. Why would he tell anyone not to complain about the debt when everyone know's about it. Maybe he could sacked or jailed as an employee. Maybe like I said he publicly derided the owners for not investing and what was the reason they weren't investing? ergo he was publicly complaining about the debt ..it's really really simple mate. People do it all the time they complain against employees without giving the enployee the stick to beat them with

No, because he didn't protest the debt it meant that many supporters instead of protesting about the debt DID NOTHING. By asking S.O.S. not to protest the debt he was attempting to take publicity away from what was a huge problem. He had the evidence, he had the chance and did nothing.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #192: Apr 11, 2012 02:29:59 pm
      I don't suppose clubs mind his short- termism when it brings the rewards he seems to get.

People will always look to find ways to knock managers they don't like or excuses for managers they do.

No mate, I don't take anything away from his quality. Mourinho is one of the best managers ever IMO, and in fact I even own a book about his methods and philosophy, so much it interests me. I just don't like Mourinho's attitude and the way he treats the clubs he has managed. He actually loves when clubs underperform after he leaves so he can look even greater. Once he made a joke about Chelsea not winning without him, ignoring the fact Avram Grant would of won the league if it wasn't for Chelsea's poor start under Mourinho himself. Oh, and Grant also did what Mourinho failed at doing, reaching a UCL final. This is what I hate about Mourinho, but you never see me saying he isn't a world class manager.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #193: Apr 11, 2012 02:32:59 pm
      Saint, why do you keep saying Rafa never complained about the debt? I typed "rafa benitez debt" on google and quickly found this and this. ???

AND THE PROTEST IS WHERE ?

"I don't see Liverpool in the same way as Leeds," the Liverpool manager said. "One of the priorities this year was to reduce the debt so the club is working very hard to do this and I think that our position will be much better. We were doing a very good job this year trying to reduce the debt.

"It was one of the most important things that we had to manage. Along with football issues we had to manage them together. When I signed my five-year contract [in March] we knew that we had to work together so we will try to do the best for the club.

This just before the club had to renegotiate an extension to the loan to avoid going into administration :- We were doing a very good job this year trying to reduce the debt.

FFS mate try to be realistic.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #194: Apr 11, 2012 02:34:50 pm

I prefer trying to give managers time, but Rafa had 6 years at Liverpool which may have been a season short as I have said, but he had lost the dressing room, fell out with everyone and anyone and having such a bad season left him with no one to turn to. Not really surprising he was sacked, the mistake they made was appointing Roy and not Kenny, thankfully that has now been sorted.

Which clubs don't mind his short termism. Chelsea. No Abramovich turned on him and he lost the results and the dressing room apparently. Inter MIlan rooled it all in one last spending spree and played woeful football to scrape past Barca amidst great controversy and now due to the team of one dimensional counterattacking has beens he left they are fu**ed and of course Madird who are spenidng upwards of a billlion to catch Barca. Mourinho great manager or Abramovich richest man in england football at the time, Moratti richest man in Italian football at the time or Madrid richest team in Spanish football at the time.Which other down on its luck club will back him ..... CITEH or BARCA probably citeh becasue barca are winning and they like to play football
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #195: Apr 11, 2012 02:36:16 pm
      No, because he didn't protest the debt it meant that many supporters instead of protesting about the debt DID NOTHING. By asking S.O.S. not to protest the debt he was attempting to take publicity away from what was a huge problem. He had the evidence, he had the chance and did nothing.

Apparently EVErYONE had the evidence....... club accounts remember
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #196: Apr 11, 2012 02:38:11 pm
      No mate, I don't take anything away from his quality. Mourinho is one of the best managers ever IMO, and in fact I even own a book about his methods and philosophy, so much it interests me. I just don't like Mourinho's attitude and the way he treats the clubs he has managed. He actually loves when clubs underperform after he leaves so he can look even greater. Once he made a joke about Chelsea not winning without him, ignoring the fact Avram Grant would of won the league if it wasn't for Chelsea's poor start under Mourinho himself. Oh, and Grant also did what Mourinho failed at doing, reaching a UCL final. This is what I hate about Mourinho, but you never see me saying he isn't a world class manager.

That fair enough mate, feel more or less the same myself, great manager ..... but a c**t of a man (imo )
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #197: Apr 11, 2012 02:39:07 pm

"I don't see Liverpool in the same way as Leeds," the Liverpool manager said. "One of the priorities this year was to reduce the debt so the club is working very hard to do this and I think that our position will be much better. We were doing a very good job this year trying to reduce the debt.

"It was one of the most important things that we had to manage. Along with football issues we had to manage them together. When I signed my five-year contract [in March] we knew that we had to work together so we will try to do the best for the club.

This just before the club had to renegotiate an extension to the loan to avoid going into administration :- We were doing a very good job this year trying to reduce the debt.

So he didn't singlehandedly send the club into administration ..now thats a good way to be rememberd. I think Rafa was a bit beyond your ken.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #198: Apr 11, 2012 02:39:45 pm

It was just an honest question, calm down. I remember Rafa publicly complaining about debt and then found evidence of it. Yeah it's obviously not the "protest" some make it out to be, but it's not as if only what goes to the press matters, and he had a job to lose as well. Brian Reade says a lot went in the background between Rafa and the yankees (unfortunately I've not read his latest book on the matter though).
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #199: Apr 11, 2012 02:40:48 pm
      That fair enough mate, feel more or less the same myself, great manager ..... but a c**t of a man (imo )

He failed CHelsea didnt he.His time was up .. great managers don't fail ever
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #200: Apr 11, 2012 02:40:55 pm
      Apparently EVErYONE had the evidence....... club accounts remember

Quite right, but unless you publicise the fact no pressure on the owners to do anything about it.

Everyone knows there are starving children in Africa, but if no one publicises the fact .... no pressure on governments to do anything about it.

Advertising pays mate or no one would pay for it.   
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #201: Apr 11, 2012 02:46:30 pm
      He failed CHelsea didnt he.His time was up .. great managers don't fail ever

Yeah he failed at Chelsea, won the title with the record number of points (still the record) after god knows how many years without the title. Won it again the following season.  5 trophies in 3 years, wish some of our managers would fail like that. 
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #202: Apr 11, 2012 02:47:11 pm
      Quite right, but unless you publicise the fact no pressure on the owners to do anything about it.

Everyone knows there are starving children in Africa, but if no one publicises the fact .... no pressure on governments to do anything about it.

Advertising pays mate or no one would pay for it.   

I was completely aware that the owners were robbing us and this is because Rafa spelled it out.
      What were you doing. Waiting for him to release a book.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #203: Apr 11, 2012 02:49:28 pm
      Yeah he failed at Chelsea, won the title with the record number of points (still the record) after god knows how many years without the title. Won it again the following season.  5 trophies in 3 years, wish some of our managers would fail like that. 

No he failed and got sacked because of it. Just like Rafa failed and was sacked because of it. Two trophies in six years (CL). I think Mourinho got 4 trophies. I do however think Abramovich was a little more responsible than Mour don't you.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #204: Apr 11, 2012 02:50:16 pm
      DIdn't rafa get LFC record number of points. FAILURE
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #205: Apr 11, 2012 02:54:21 pm
      It was just an honest question, calm down. I remember Rafa publicly complaining about debt and then found evidence of it. Yeah it's obviously not the "protest" some make it out to be, but it's not as if only what goes to the press matters, and he had a job to lose as well. Brian Reade says a lot went in the background between Rafa and the yankees (unfortunately I've not read his latest book on the matter though).

I have no real axe to grind mate, it just irritates me when I have to constantly keep reading how Rafa fought against H&G and against the debt when as far as I have read(and I have read a fair bit) he did nothing of the sort.  It's like arguing against the existance of God. People say prove there is no God, BUT if you then ask them to prove there is a God....... it is all about faith.

Like God, or the Devil if you prefer, you either believe the facts or you go on faith.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #206: Apr 11, 2012 02:55:36 pm
      DIdn't rafa get LFC record number of points. FAILURE

Did we win anything that year?

Quick Reply