Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Anfield Pubs Guide

Read 115197 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Anfield Pubs Guide
      Nov 14, 2008 07:30:14 pm
      Add your reviews, suggestions and links below in to this thread.

The Cabbage Hall
      The Arkles

The Cabbage Hall
      20 Breck Road, Anfield, Liverpool, Merseyside  L4 2RB  Tel. 0151 2632418 7664@greeneking.co.uk
      PUBLICANS:  Les & Jeanette Cody.

PUB OPENING TIMES
      Sunday - Thursday 12noon - 11pm. Friday & Saturday 12noon - 12mn.
      When Liverpool home matches on we open early.

On Draught: Carling, Fosters, Heineken, Stella, Ruddles Best, John Smiths Smooth, Guinness, Guinness Extra Cold, Strongbow Cider.

What they say:

The Cabbage Hall is very conveniently located in Anfield beside the Stadium and a stones throw from Everton football ground.  The building dates back to the early 1900's and benefited inside and out from a major refurbishment in July 2005.  Our location has made us famous for being the main Liverpool supporters pub and match days sees a maximum capacity within the pub!  During the week local office workers spend their lunch breaks with us having a meal from the main menu or a drink and chat with colleagues.  Many come in after the work day has finished, again for a meal or a chill out drink.  There is a self contained function room available to hire for all sorts of private do's with catering for up to 70 people buffet style.  This trouble free venue has a lively atmosphere and is 'the' place to view a match on the big screens or other TVs, have a game of darts, or enjoy some top entertainment.  Be sure to visit us very soon.

What we say:

Only in this pub on a couple of occassions but really liked it. First off its a close distance to the ground so no taxi journey required. I found it a decent size pub so unlike some pubs around the ground you can enjoy your pint. Seemed to have a good crowd of match goers and the impression I got was a lot of them were scousers. Had a few big screens showing the live football from the early kick off. Pint wasnt bad, I was drinking carling. Bar staff were quick enough with the service even tho it was busy. Couldnt find a website to link the pub so hopefully the info below will be of use. [Brian78]

Ideal for a quick pre-match bevvy then about a ten minute stroll towards the ground.  Can get fairly busy but it's a decent sized pub, and it's got a big car park for people to spill out on to and have a drink outside.  Not known for it's pre-match sing-songs.  Service can be either fantastic or sh*te.  Think a pint of Stella is about £2.70, something like that on match-days although I am ready to stand corrected. [JD]

« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2008 08:53:08 am by JD »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Anfield Pubs Guide
      Reply #1: Nov 14, 2008 08:59:01 pm
      The Cabbage Hall
      20 Breck Road, Anfield,L4

Only in this pub on a couple of occassions but really liked it. First off its a close distance to the ground so no taxi journey required. I found it a decent size pub so unlike some pubs around the ground you can enjoy your pint. Seemed to have a good crowd of match goers and the impression I got was a lot of them were scousers. Had a few big screens showing the live football from the early kick off. Pint wasnt bad, I was drinking carling. Bar staff were quick enough with the service even tho it was busy. Couldnt find a website to link the pub so hopefully the info below will be of use

The Cabbage Hall

PUBLICANS
       Les & Jeanette Cody.

ADDRESS
       20 Breck Road, Anfield, Liverpool, Merseyside  L4 2RB  Tel. 0151 2632418  e-mail  7664@greeneking.co.uk

PUB OPENING TIMES
       Sunday - Thursday 12noon - 11pm. Friday & Saturday 12noon - 12mn.
      When Liverpool home matches on we open early.

DRAUGHT BEERS SERVED
       Carling, Fosters, Heineken, Stella, Ruddles Best, John Smiths Smooth, Guinness, Guinness Extra Cold, Strongbow Cider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRINKS OFFERS
       Carling / Fosters  £1.95.
      Buy 2 large glasses of selected wines get the rest of the bottle FREE.
      Double up on Selected Branded Spirits for an extra  £1.00.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER ENTERTAINMENT
       Setanta, Sky Sports & Racing channel, 8 TVs, 2 Plasma Screens, 2 Big Screens, Darts Board.

FOOD
       Good Pub Food served from a Main menu & NEW Famous for Burger menu. Sunday Roast. Range of Wines, Tea & Coffee.

MEAL TIMES
       Monday - Friday 12noon - 7pm.
      Saturday & Sunday 1pm - 6pm.

FACILITIES
       Beer Garden, Patio Area, Wheelchair Access, Disabled Toilet.

SMOKING SHELTERS
       We have three shelters all with seating, heating & lighting.

OTHER
       Children Welcome (when dining until 7pm), Car Parking - 30 spaces, Coaches Welcome. ATM Machine. Debit & Credit Cards accepted.

The Cabbage Hall is very conveniently located in Anfield beside the Stadium and a stones throw from Everton football ground.  The building dates back to the early 1900's and benefited inside and out from a major refurbishment in July 2005.  Our location has made us famous for being the main Liverpool supporters pub and match days sees a maximum capacity within the pub!  During the week local office workers spend their lunch breaks with us having a meal from the main menu or a drink and chat with colleagues.  Many come in after the work day has finished, again for a meal or a chill out drink.  There is a self contained function room available to hire for all sorts of private do's with catering for up to 70 people buffet style.  This trouble free venue has a lively atmosphere and is 'the' place to view a match on the big screens or other TVs, have a game of darts, or enjoy some top entertainment.  Be sure to visit us very soon.

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2008 06:27:55 pm by Brian78 »
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 20, 2008 10:57:33 pm
      This is where i choose to drink,great atmosphere,friendly staff,decent grub!!!any other forum users go  there?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Nov 20, 2008 11:33:21 pm
      This is where I choose to drink,great atmosphere,friendly staff,decent grub!!!any other forum users go  there?

Yeah, we quite often meet up in there Redman, in fact should be there next Wednesday before the Marseille game  ;D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 21, 2008 12:18:35 pm
      Thats great,i should be there around 6pm.Be good to hook up with some fellow forum members.who else drinks there?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2008 01:45:23 pm
      Must be a lot of non drinkers pn this site  :f_whistle:
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #6: Nov 30, 2008 06:00:26 pm
      Must be a lot of non drinkers pn this site  :f_whistle:

or else they're all too pissed to remember where they drink!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 30, 2008 06:54:37 pm
      ;D!!! :lmao: maybe some of us can still hook up,either at West Ham or Hull.whos up for it?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #8: Dec 01, 2008 08:52:32 am
      The Arkles
      77 Anfield Road, Anfield, Liverpool, Merseyside  L4 0TJ  Tel. 0151 2639496

The Arkles is to be found beside Anfield Stadium and close to Everton football ground in Liverpool.  On match days we are very busy (an understatement), when we attract away supporters who are always made very welcome. We have two big screens with excellent quality pictures along with umpteen other TVs to view the game from wherever you are.  There is also a pool table and darts board to have a friendly game over a pint of the best.  Our clientele covers the complete age spectrum and we have an even split of men and women, all here to enjoy the sporty atmosphere.  Other entertainment includes a quiz night & pool competition.  Come and join in the sociable ambience of this trouble free pub next time you are down this way.

Popular with away fans banter as this is the closest pub to the away supporters end on the Anfield Road. 

ohcampione
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2009 02:38:56 am
      The devonshire is a good spot 5 min walk from the ground at the kop side ...
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2009 05:31:32 pm
      Stupid question maybe?where do the bitters usually drink?will they be found in the Cabbage?whats the chances?Sunday will be the first Derby game i have been eligible to go to and am just wondering if my usual haunts will be ok to go without fear of bitters being present.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2009 06:27:34 pm
      Id imagine with there own usual pubs only a few minutes from the ground theyll stay there?
      misterbo
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 28, 2009 08:36:36 pm
      Well! My first time on here. We are a family from Sweden with boys who are really into football and loves everything about PL and most of all Liverpool FC. That has sort of dragged in me and my wife as well. It is hard to understand and really now how to go about. My wife surprised us all by buying tickets for the big match on sunday. She is that way - fast and gets things done. Most of the time the results of this is just great. But....this time she booked at something called smarthosptalitytickets.c om. After searching around and googling some on the net I'm quite sure its a scam. And they don't return our mails either. ... I don't think we will get any tickets delivered to the hotel. But of course I still hope.
      But I need a plan B! And here is the connection to this thread. Where can we go to see the match in company of other redshirted and merry people? A friendly place where kids and teenagers are welcome. Any tips would be just great. Of cource it would be fun to soak in the atmosphere nere the Kop - but maybe there is pubs/sportbars at other locations that is nice? And by the way - what channel is the match on?
      All the best from
      Bo Carlsson, Ronnang
      I
      cobhkid
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #13: Feb 13, 2009 03:16:11 pm
      Can you tell me which pubs away fans should stay clear of? I don't mean bother boys, I mean the kind of watering holes unsuitable for even father and son.

Cheers
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Feb 13, 2009 04:37:10 pm
      Can you tell me which pubs away fans should stay clear of? I don't mean bother boys, I mean the kind of watering holes unsuitable for even father and son.

Cheers

Mancs are advised to stay clear of all pubs I believe. Other then that once you arent a trouble maker or loud mouth you should get no more then a bit of banter
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #15: Mar 17, 2009 07:17:12 pm
      Anybody want to review the Albert?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #16: Jul 05, 2009 12:46:17 pm
      The Salisbury has closed its door's I see and been boarded up?
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #17: Jul 05, 2009 02:13:29 pm
      The Albert is a good pub Crap pint but a good laugh.

When we come down we tend to go to cant remember the name of the pub in city centre beside a taxi rank and its good live footy music and grate lager also got  a food room above then we get a taxi to Anfield and make our way to The Arkles before the game good pint footy on tv and friendly
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2009 02:20:20 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Merged successive posts. »
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2009 02:22:12 pm
      The pub i cant remember is in Grate Charlotte Street
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 05, 2009 10:48:42 am
      The best pint in the Anfield area is The Clubmoor and is a must for all reds fans before and after the match , big screens and great atmosphere. 8)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #20: Aug 31, 2009 08:29:44 am
      I'm an Arkles man myself,the bitter is spot on as with most of the ales.I do go in the Cabbage now and again to meet up with friends and it is a good pub for a laugh with fellow reds and you are always made welcome,most pubs in the area are sound but as I said I'm an Arkles man and always end up there and everyone's welcome to join me and the rest of the greatest supporters in the land.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #21: Aug 31, 2009 11:37:11 pm
      I always laughed at this scene which was filmed in the pub down princess drive in huyton, only trouble is it was full of mancs, good job the locals didnt find out.
      i would review this pub, but ide probably get shot before i got in...he he.

liverpool v man utd
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #22: Sep 01, 2009 01:53:32 am
      I always laughed at this scene which was filmed in the pub down princess drive in huyton, only trouble is it was full of mancs, good job the locals didnt find out.
      I would review this pub, but ide probably get shot before I got in...he he.

liverpool v man utd
        No you wouldn't because it has shut down like sixty percent of the pubs in Huyton. It was called the Yew Tree and was rough as f*ck. Unless you lived round there.

Quick Reply