Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Anfield Pubs Guide

Read 115229 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Anfield Pubs Guide
      Reply #92: Apr 05, 2012 08:38:08 pm
      Thank you for your reaction.
      What is the best time to go to that Pub?

Like Kelvo said, as early as possible to saviour the atmosphere, around 12 would be a good time.
      Jbreslin
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #93: Feb 13, 2013 10:32:56 pm
      Taking my. 13 yr old on Sunday for Swansea - can I take him in the Sandon?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #94: Feb 14, 2013 05:06:36 pm

Yeah, no problem. Always a few kids around.
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #95: Feb 16, 2013 02:31:09 am

And always worth buying the merchandise in there for your 13 year old on a match day as you'll get served quicker than in the club shop plus will also be cheaper too  ;) also, across the road at the back of The Sandon is Hat Scarf or a Badge and is a fantastic shop worth visiting too.
      Jbreslin
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #96: Feb 16, 2013 09:23:05 pm
      Thanks guys
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #97: Apr 19, 2013 07:13:13 pm
      Going to be travelling down to Liverpool on derby day with a few friends for a night out, although we're not actually attending the match itself. We're planning on getting a few autographs after the game though so we'd like to watch the game in the vicinity of Anfield. Where would people recommend?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #98: Apr 20, 2013 09:32:46 pm
      Going to be travelling down to Liverpool on derby day with a few friends for a night out, although we're not actually attending the match itself. We're planning on getting a few autographs after the game though so we'd like to watch the game in the vicinity of Anfield. Where would people recommend?

The Royal Oak!!

Nah only kidding, probably say either the Sandon or The Park.

You do the game has been moved to the 5th?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #99: Apr 21, 2013 12:51:19 am
      The Royal Oak!!

Nah only kidding, probably say either the Sandon or The Park.

You do the game has been moved to the 5th?

Cheers HR. Yeah we know it's on the 5th, bank holiday so that was a lot of the thinking behind it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #100: Jul 13, 2013 11:18:29 am
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #101: May 05, 2016 12:04:38 am
      Folks I'm bringing my brother down from Scotland for the game tonight
      I'd like to show him the Cavern club afterwards - what's the quickest way of getting there from Anfield?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #102: May 05, 2016 12:21:14 am
      Folks I'm bringing my brother down from Scotland for the game tonight
      I'd like to show him the Cavern club afterwards - what's the quickest way of getting there from Anfield?

Walking probably ;)

Head towards the Kop then either left or right until you start seeing some cabs, could be about a £10 getting into town with traffic, lights etc.

Any cabbies asking for stupid money like £25  F**k them off.
      Kosta
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #103: May 12, 2018 07:45:04 pm

Good day, dear fans of the future winner of the Champions League)). I want to offer my services to all those who will support my favorite team in the wonderful city of Kiev. I will provide you with a quality translation, transportation, a tour of the rays of the pubs and the sights of Kyiv. Who is interested, please write. My address is kos.kosta2012@yandex.ru. Viber - +380959011240
      Kosta
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #104: May 13, 2018 01:31:43 pm
      FGDG
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #105: Apr 05, 2021 01:30:11 pm
      Hotel Anfield is relatively new on the scene around the ground and situated on Anfield Rd next to Taggy's Bar (Hotel TIA) ,unlike Taggy's it's mostly English and well worth a visit with a large front and rear beer garden plus inside bar,tv screens situated inside and out also in the giant marquee at the rear ideal for live games during the current lockdown also great views at the tiki bar. Good beer prices also table service if required.
      All welcome inc kids in great surroundings and a superb atmosphere amongst supporters (HOME ONLY). So when we're back to normal give it a visit you won't be let down.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #106: Aug 28, 2021 01:25:51 pm
      Cabbage isn't getting reopened period from what I can hear. A tesco still appears to be favourite to use the land but that's just gossip, nothing confirmed.

Wouldn't recommend the Windermere to anyone. It's a bit further up Breck Rd from the George on the corner. Still say the best is the Solly though, nice drop in there.

What a shame nobodies interested in reopening the cabbage. Suppose it can’t survive financially if it only stacks out on match days. Need to be used more regularly. Downfall of many ale houses.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #107: May 09, 2022 10:29:35 pm
      Cabbage isn't getting reopened period from what I can hear. A tesco still appears to be favourite to use the land but that's just gossip, nothing confirmed.

Wouldn't recommend the Windermere to anyone. It's a bit further up Breck Rd from the George on the corner. Still say the best is the Solly though, nice drop in there.
      Whoa The Cabbage is closing? They have the best chicken wings there, don't know if I'd want to watch the game there though because if you're not eating you have to stand at the bar and they only have small tvs, or am I missing something?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #108: May 09, 2022 10:34:27 pm
      There’s a blast from the past thought the cabbage went years ago ?
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #109: May 09, 2022 10:40:48 pm
      Btw don't know what thread may have this feedback but can anyone recommend a big pub that will have seats for the FA cup final in the city centre please. usually go The Central but it will be too packed maybe if we don't claim seats.
        Somewhere with a big screen or two, there will be quite a few of us going and I'm not sure how packed everywhere is going to be.
      There is a great massive pub in the Baltic Triangle part of town (Punch Tarmeys I think it's called, another huge pub linked next door too) but that's too far away I think, it'd be a hassle getting back to the train station.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #110: May 09, 2022 10:44:24 pm
      There’s a blast from the past thought the cabbage went years ago ?
      Went there a couple of months ago, maybe 3 or so actually to eat then went in from another pub while a Champions league game was on to see if it's better watching the game there, they said you have to stand at the bar, but the food was mmmm.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #111: May 14, 2022 09:04:57 am
      Whoa The Cabbage is closing? They have the best chicken wings there, don't know if I'd want to watch the game there though because if you're not eating you have to stand at the bar and they only have small tvs, or am I missing something?

The Cabbage was closed years ago after it got petty bombed. And it was boarded up for ages. Talk around Anfield was the land was gonna be sold and a supermarket built there instead but then a new family bought the gaff, got rid of the all the old staff and reopened the pub.

Got plenty of fond memories of the Cabbage from when I worked on Breck Rd. That and the Willow Bank where we did our Wednesday night karaoke. Then there's the Stadium which is a sh*t boozer and the Supporter's Club over the road.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #112: May 15, 2022 01:55:10 am
      The Cabbage was closed years ago after it got petty bombed. And it was boarded up for ages. Talk around Anfield was the land was gonna be sold and a supermarket built there instead but then a new family bought the gaff, got rid of the all the old staff and reopened the pub.

And have security stopping people going out to the front. Swerved going there and always head to the Oakfield now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #113: May 15, 2022 08:56:20 pm
      And have security stopping people going out to the front. Swerved going there and always head to the Oakfield now.

I've always been a fan of the Solly (Twelfth Man). But that might be cos thats where me ex's arl fella always took me for a pint and I always got with him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #114: May 17, 2022 07:13:17 am
      I've always been a fan of the Solly (Twelfth Man). But that might be cos thats where me ex's arl fella always took me for a pint and I always got with him.

You got with your ex's old fella?  :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Hello mate see you on Saturday!  ;D

Quick Reply