Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Anfield Pubs Guide

Read 115216 times
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Re: Anfield Pubs Guide
      Reply #23: Sep 01, 2009 12:29:59 pm
      great thread about the pubs, the only bad thing is that i'm way too far away to go there and meet you all, but.. if you can post here some vids of pre-match or more pics from inside this great places it would be boss!

keep it comin' mates
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #24: Sep 02, 2009 01:32:58 pm
      Gutted the Salisbury has shut.  :f_wah:

Have been going there for years....although the beer wasnt the best I had some good nights in there after a match.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #25: Sep 05, 2009 06:46:31 pm
      The Oakfield is boarded up and shut down> I wonder what has happened to all the flags, scarves and memorabiia.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #26: Sep 14, 2009 11:47:41 am
      Good to see the Salisbury back up and open.

Did anyone go in for a beer Saturday?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Sep 14, 2009 01:55:43 pm
      Knew the Sali wouldn't be closed for long. Seen a few workies going in there the other week.

As for the Oakfield, wasn't there someone trying to burn it down before it closed?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Sep 14, 2009 08:28:12 pm
      theres a boozer called the royal on Breck rd. Not much to look at inside or out but a cracking pint of Carling for £1.80
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Sep 14, 2009 10:53:07 pm
      theres a boozer called the royal on Breck rd. Not much to look at inside or out but a cracking pint of Carling for £1.80

Yeah that's probably the sort of posts we want in here.

Not ones of me saying 'someone was trying to burn the pub down'....
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #30: Sep 14, 2009 11:02:53 pm
      S'ok Ken. We know you were just arson about.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Sep 14, 2009 11:19:20 pm
      I've never liked that pub called the Wilmslow (or however you spell that dirty rotten blueshite pub)....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #32: Sep 15, 2009 07:56:49 am
      I've never liked that pub called the Wilmslow (or however you spell that dirty rotten blueshite pub)....

You hardly drank in it Ken if its a blueshite pub did ye? Thats where my other halfs lot go after everton games...theres a 50p cover charge   :lmao:
      dougiec.108
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #33: Sep 15, 2009 03:02:23 pm
      I have the good fortune of going to the West Ham game on Saturday and the bad fortune of sitting with the local supporters (I live in Belgium and this was the only way to get tickets). Would anyone know where Reds fans go for a pint before the match and where I cold grab some good food near thegrounds? Thanks.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #34: Nov 30, 2009 12:03:35 pm
      Was in the national yesterday for the derby. Quality pub. 90% red maybe more and local reds at that! Pint went down well cant remember what price tho. Considering how packed it was I thought the staff were quicker then I find in a lot of pubs in Liverpool. 
      robbierobbiefowler
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #35: Dec 29, 2009 04:28:19 pm
      Finding it impossible to get tickets to the matches these days but still want to keep travelling up from wales for the games.  This thread is very useful finding the pub with the best atmosphere and support :D
      ynwa
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #36: Feb 03, 2010 08:05:29 am
      Hey guys, how we all keeping? Im a debutant on the site and im heading over to my first game on 18th feb against unirea. Get in liverpool about half 2 or 3 so have a bit of time to kill before the game! So need something to do, and what better than to have a few beer with my fellow reds ;D
      Do we reckon the cabbage is the handiest place and a decent atmosphere about it too?
      Thanks, Andy
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2010 09:44:46 am
      Hey guys, how we all keeping? Im a debutant on the site and im heading over to my first game on 18th feb against unirea. Get in liverpool about half 2 or 3 so have a bit of time to kill before the game! So need something to do, and what better than to have a few beer with my fellow reds ;D
      Do we reckon the cabbage is the handiest place and a decent atmosphere about it too?
      Thanks, Andy

Cant go wrong in there mate. Good crowd and handy walk to the ground
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2010 01:05:20 pm
      Cheers Brian
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #39: Mar 01, 2010 10:56:52 am
      The Salisbury is a cracking boozer now, its run by away going reds and is now used for all the SOS lads and girls, not many people know that you can go up the stairs and a big screen and a bar to get served, I'll get shot telling everyone abar up stairs now :)

The Albert is okay, I tend to go in there after the game not too bad getting served as I know the bar staff and they always give me a propper glass not a plassy one. Paula who has worked there for years and her mum Irene, Everton supporters and she's the only blue I have on my facebook.

The King Charles next to The Oakfield is my pre-match pub its a bit small and we tend to drink outside, weather permitting, but itsa cracking little boozer though and you wouldn't notice it unless you walked up Thirlmere Road.

I've suggested to the Union we should get the Oakie and use it as a Union bar and get the match day reds back in, it also has an upstairs bar which we kept to ourselves for years :)
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #40: Mar 01, 2010 06:13:27 pm
      Posted by: Murph 
      Insert Quote
      The Salisbury is a cracking boozer now, its run by away going reds and is now used for all the SOS lads and girls, not many people know that you can go up the stairs and a big screen and a bar to get served, I'll get shot telling everyone abar up stairs now

Murph, I never knew that, been going there for 15 years and was in there yesterday too ;D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #41: Mar 14, 2010 10:54:03 am
      The Arkles has two big screens plus multiple telly's and not a bad pint either.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #42: Mar 29, 2010 12:16:02 pm

£1.40 for a pint of bitter in here!! On the corner of Breckfield road
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 12, 2010 09:35:09 pm
      Can anyone give me a their thoughts/opinions,

I was told about a pub behind the petrol station down from the ground to head before the game because it was handy in terms of gettin to the bar and cheap enough drink I think the name was the Sandon?

Its my mates first time over vs West Ham and they're dying to see the famous Albert but five or six times I've been in I've spilled more beer than I've managed to drink! Looking for a quiet pint before the madness!

any recommendations forthcoming?
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #44: Apr 12, 2010 09:42:04 pm
      The Sandon is the pub where we were founded, a sign outside the pub saying that also, is easier getting served at the back room go into by the car park entrance at the back, The Alberts okay if you know the score, like stand up the stairs and get served in the corner to the left, just shout Paula.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 28, 2010 08:40:22 pm
      I was at The Park during my away trip for Liverpool V. Lyon. A very good pre-match atmosphere, but i guess it's the same in every pub around Anfield

Quick Reply