Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Alonso confident of sustained bid

Read 1337 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Alonso confident of sustained bid
      Nov 16, 2008 07:49:44 am
      Sunday 16th November 2008
      Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso believes his side are showing signs of being able to maintain a prolonged push for the title.

Liverpool secured the points over Bolton in a controversial win, which saw Dirk Kuyt and Steven Gerrard netting in a 2-0 victory.

"It's important for us to be at the top," said the Reds midfielder.

"We know that in previous seasons we have been so many points behind the teams at the top of the table and being there is good.

"But now we have to carry on in the same way as we have until now.

"We respect all the opponents but we are confident. We're playing as a team, scoring goals, we're playing well in defence and that's the way you have to play to win games."

Liverpool, whose goal difference is currently 12 worse than Chelsea, had chances to improve their own record but missed a number of opportunities.

However, Alonso was unconcerned that, adding: "We could have scored more. It could have been three or maybe four goals but for us the points are the most important thing.

"We knew at 1-0 they would keep pushing us. But the second goal killed them off really and now we're pleased to get all three points and now we have to continue."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item152589/Alonso-confident-of-sustained-bid/
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, i can't believe the club actually thought of selling Xabi. He has played major role in our push for number 19 this season.

Quick Reply