Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Bolton v Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 33649 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Bolton v Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #276: Nov 15, 2008 07:57:05 pm
      Man Utd had a corner, and I wandered over to Ronaldo, and whispered to him that I thought he was the best player in the League, and he winked at me and said, hey thanks for saying so.

Whatever you say ...
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #277: Nov 15, 2008 08:01:08 pm
      2-0 is a good result considering we were away against a good Bolton side.
      Agree that Kuyt is coming onto his game this year, class act.
      Torres - Gerrard link up for the second. Nice!
      Goose80
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #278: Nov 15, 2008 08:10:13 pm
      Good game im glad we won. come on the reds.
      bedsred
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      • That's nice, that's McDermott and that's a goal
      Reply #279: Nov 15, 2008 08:15:16 pm
      Stand up Dirk Kuyt you have arrived! What a header, even that Liverpool hater Andy Gray had to accept that our Stray Cat lookalikes goal was world class. His goals are invaluable when others are quite firing, and today he had chalk on his boots he played that wide. Though the midfield was a little off today Alonso and Mach weren't quite at it, but hey job done, 3 points and still joint top. YNWA  
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #280: Nov 15, 2008 08:24:44 pm
      I thought Alonso was man of the match.  It was Gerrard who was kept quiet (apart from his goal).  Yeah, definite lump in the throat of old Andrew. 

They really do struggle trying to compliment us on our excellent form.  Fine by me though - takes the pressure off us. Cheers Andy you soft tw*t.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #281: Nov 15, 2008 08:54:52 pm
      Good professional job done by the lads today, should have and could have been several more, but I'm not complaining, as long as we keep winning.

Thought we played some superb one touch football in the first half, the way we passed the ball around was a pleasure to watch, some of the best football I've seen Liverpool play this season.

Everything is coming nicely together, the team are playing well, they have confidence in themselves and each other which is good to see.

As long as we can stay relatively free of any serious injuries, as we know we haven't got the back up necessary, (as proved against Spurs in midweek) we should be there or thereabouts towards the end of the season.

One game at a time............just keep plugging away lads.  Your doing alright  ;)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #282: Nov 15, 2008 10:16:30 pm
      What a peculiar night it was. I watched the Liverpool match and fell asleep on the couch during the first half of the Man Utd match. Have you ever started dreaming while the tv is on in the background, and the tv show becomes all mixed up with your dream?  There I was, the goalkeeper in a Premier League match. Somehow I was playing in goal, something I have never done, in fact I was a striker in my junior soccer days, and never played seniors. Strangely I was not sure who I was playing for, but as the game unfolded I worked it out that Man Utd were playing Everton, and to my amazement I realised I was in goal for Everton.
      I felt weird, because I was out of my depth, but nobody on the pitch seemed to realise who I was, and they assumed I was a regular keeper. I knew I wouldnt be able to stop the ball going in the net, and just hoped against hope that my defence could keep it out. In the first half, two times the ball went into the net past me, but both times I quickly grabbed it out from the net and nobody seemed to notice. The shots were so weak, from so far out, I think they all assumed that I had saved the ball. The crowd knew, and they were jeering me for bad sportsmanship, and all I could think about was how the players and referee would find out about my dishonesty at half time. Never mind, it was exciting this business of playing Premier League, and I was gonna make the most of every minute.
      Man Utd had a corner, and I wandered over to Ronaldo, and whispered to him that I thought he was the best player in the League, and he winked at me and said, hey thanks for saying so. I started to gain in confidence, and when I took the goal kicks I was kicking it right up to the edge of the penalty box and people started to compliment me on it. Even the ref was remarking on it, but thats the way dreams are, weird at times, nothing makes much sense. Something else was weird and didn't make sense, Steven Gerrard was playing against me, and he realised I was not too good, and started to take shots from the half way line. It was not until I woke up that I realised the fact that he didnt play for United, but then again it didnt seem all that weird at the time when my dad brought the sliced orange quarters out for us at half time.
      The climax of the dream came when I was to face a penalty, and I was petrified, but to narrow the angle I moved out to only one yard in front of the ball, which made me even more scared, although the ref didnt seem to notice so all that remained was the decision of which way to dive. Luckily, I went the right way, and then woke up. I just hope the next time I drift off to the football, I can be a striker!!!!!!

Is this the most peculiar post ever?  It made me chuckle though even if it is a wind-up.  Dunno why its in this thread.  Why would you have to dive if you were only one yard in front of the ball?  :D

Anyway, back on topic.  Good performance from the lads and nice to get back to winning ways after Wednesday.  I thought Alonso was bloody brilliant today and Aurelio impressed me.  As for Andy Gray, I couldn't help but notice he got alot quieter after our second goal.  Can't stand the pr**k!!!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #283: Nov 15, 2008 10:45:50 pm
      What a peculiar night it was. I watched the Liverpool match and fell asleep on the couch during the first half of the Man Utd match. Have you ever started dreaming while the tv is on in the background, and the tv show becomes all mixed up with your dream?  There I was, the goalkeeper in a Premier League match. Somehow I was playing in goal, something I have never done, in fact I was a striker in my junior soccer days, and never played seniors. Strangely I was not sure who I was playing for, but as the game unfolded I worked it out that Man Utd were playing Everton, and to my amazement I realised I was in goal for Everton.
      I felt weird, because I was out of my depth, but nobody on the pitch seemed to realise who I was, and they assumed I was a regular keeper. I knew I wouldnt be able to stop the ball going in the net, and just hoped against hope that my defence could keep it out. In the first half, two times the ball went into the net past me, but both times I quickly grabbed it out from the net and nobody seemed to notice. The shots were so weak, from so far out, I think they all assumed that I had saved the ball. The crowd knew, and they were jeering me for bad sportsmanship, and all I could think about was how the players and referee would find out about my dishonesty at half time. Never mind, it was exciting this business of playing Premier League, and I was gonna make the most of every minute.
      Man Utd had a corner, and I wandered over to Ronaldo, and whispered to him that I thought he was the best player in the League, and he winked at me and said, hey thanks for saying so. I started to gain in confidence, and when I took the goal kicks I was kicking it right up to the edge of the penalty box and people started to compliment me on it. Even the ref was remarking on it, but thats the way dreams are, weird at times, nothing makes much sense. Something else was weird and didn't make sense, Steven Gerrard was playing against me, and he realised I was not too good, and started to take shots from the half way line. It was not until I woke up that I realised the fact that he didnt play for United, but then again it didnt seem all that weird at the time when my dad brought the sliced orange quarters out for us at half time.
      The climax of the dream came when I was to face a penalty, and I was petrified, but to narrow the angle I moved out to only one yard in front of the ball, which made me even more scared, although the ref didnt seem to notice so all that remained was the decision of which way to dive. Luckily, I went the right way, and then woke up. I just hope the next time I drift off to the football, I can be a striker!!!!!!

lols, nice dream. thanx for sharing dude. really made me smile :D
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #284: Nov 15, 2008 11:43:57 pm
      great result for us. could have ended it earlier but hu cares we stay level to and above utd :D
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #285: Nov 15, 2008 11:50:10 pm
      Mature display from the lads!!!We were controlling the game, creating chances and scoring goals!!!That's what football is all about, I guess. ;)
      I saw the real "El Nino" today, in half an hour, he hit the post, assisted one goal, and created a 100% chance for Stevie.
      For the man of the match - Alonso and Kuyt.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2008 09:57:50 am by ayrton77, Reason: Posting in capitals »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #286: Nov 16, 2008 04:05:55 am
      It's really good that we have Kuyt and Keane scoring as well. Xabi, Ryan Babel, Riera, Benayoun can score some as well. Last season, most of our games were Stevie and Fernando only!
      So now this season we have Stevie,Nando, Keane and Kuyt around the 5 goals-so-far mark in all competitions with Stevie having 6, Torres having 5, Keane having 4 and Kuyt having 7.

It was awesome to be ahead of United by 11 points for a couple of hours :P
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #287: Nov 16, 2008 07:31:58 am
      WE got the right result and 3 points so that cannot be bad.Kuyt is on the top of his game right now and he is full of confidence and has got power and direction with his boot and his head in the goal area.Thank god we did not sell Alonso as he is playing brilliantly this season.I am not being critical of Carra but he has not got the speed these days to be used as an overlapping full back,I prefer to see him as a centre back.I thought Gardner was going to tear us apart when he came on as sub but thankfully he had no idea where the goal was.It was also good to see Sammy Lee get a good reception at Bolton.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #288: Nov 16, 2008 09:25:12 am
      I bet now that i put Dirk in my fantasy side, his form will fade away.
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #289: Nov 16, 2008 12:16:50 pm
      It was an awesome match! Even thought the lads missed a tone of chance (specially Keanne and Gerrard's) but a win with 2 goals difference is a good result. I like Liverpool this way, not very explosive but unstable like last season (with some match 6-0, 4-0 but then going down with regretful draws), keep winning with comeback win and 1 or 2 goals difference is fine.
      Oh my god, if Alonso want to leave to Juventus, I'll try to blackmail him, with all what I have. He's so brillant, a lot improved. His thunderbolt in the end of the match, if It became a goal, the 2 goals of Ronaldo in Manchester United vs Stoke City mean nothing, every press will talk about It! Kuyt proved he's someone very important, he played silently but he worked very hard, that's what I see in every Liverpool's match. I feel the same way about Riera, he tried so hard! Good thing that Kuyt had a goal, but It'd be better if his earlier chance become a goal, It missed in just some centimeters, but It's powerful and skillful.
      Agger seemed to lose his teeth when he tried to stop Gardner scoring. His khee touched hard his chin, It seemed painful! He should be careful since LiverpoolFC only has Hyypia, Carragher and him as good certerbacks. Hyypia seemed to be outbreathed in the end of the match, he should rest well. Carragher did a good job in the right back, but I like more to see him in the centerback spot. Arbeloa is always trustfulls. 
      Good to see Gerrard and Torres score together again, I missed the feeling to see them score so much! (the last time I felt It so strong is in the match with Blackburn Rovers at Anfield last season). The first chance when Gerrard missed Torres's pass, he laid down in front of Bolton's goal, Torres pat his head. And the second chance, magnificent pass one! Seeing them celebrate together made me feel very happy! Some pictures of them celebrating together, to celebrate the day they score together again:

And a picture of Agger's accident:

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #290: Nov 16, 2008 01:10:06 pm
      Gerrnando ;D. The best combination i've ever seen last season.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #291: Nov 16, 2008 01:52:53 pm

What a peculiar post ..... You need to come down from the ceiling, before your diagnosed with something that may entail Men in White coats and straight jackets'

Quick Reply